All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. All very well observed, not to forget, that before "tensions" between the US and China arose, China parked massive amounts of their "export surplus money" in US T-Bills/US T-bonds. Financing a good part of the US budget deficits. Absurdity total: Without the Chinese influx of "surplus money", the US defence of Taiwan would possibly have to be financed by tax increases by US citizens. No way, as no US polititian would be re- elected proposing something like that. (Another Vietnam, with a peaking inflation rate of 15 % in the middle of the 1970 ties?) To impose sanctions agaist China? Great idea! Meaning that the Chinese will even buy less US T-Bonds, and affordable Chinese consumer goods will no more enter the shores of the US. The consumer goods that the US Industry can produce (if at all possible) will cost 30% more than the Chinese imports, further accelerating the impoverishement of the "lower-class" of Americans. The future looks bright, unfortunately not for the US/European economical universe.
  3. I'm thinking about applying for a LTR visa for Pensioners and have a few questions. Any advice & information would be greatly appreciated. 1. What is the approximate yearly cost of the health insurance policy in order to qualify for LTR visa? 2. Are you required to purchase the health insurance policy before you apply for LTR visa, or afterwards? 3. Does BOI have a recommended list of health insurers? Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you...
  4. Hopefully they can give you a copy then. This is a law you need to be aware of if you intend to move to different parts of Thailand and visit Immigration offices to apply for 30 day extensions.
  5. But i have notification because we have confirmation of our stay and i am also going to ask airbnb owners for this document? What do u mean about a fine for not complying, what have i not complied with?
  6. Without a notification of where you're residing, Immigration may refuse any kind of service. As the tenant of the residence, they could also hit you with the fine for not complying.
  7. Who u mean the airbnb owners? They are very friendly i am hoping they would give this document to me?
  8. Yes, but don't be surprised if they state not our problem.
  9. Section 38 of the Immigration Act. Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. Section 4 defines the housemaster as; β€œ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.
  10. They took a photocopy of our passports? Will the office not complete without a tm30?
  11. They took our details (photocopy of passports) does this mean its done should i ask them for a copy of this tm30?
  12. Owner of the Airbnb has to report to the Thai Immigration that you are staying in his/her property Its done on the Thai Immi website
  13. It's a notification to Immigration of a foreigner's residence. It's the duty of hotel and guest house managers to file the report. Airbnb are agents, and not their responsibility, unless the owners have left them copies of their ID and house documents.
  14. No Samui Immigration will correct the stamp free of charge.
  15. It's so weird to me that a city can basically give carte-blanche free pass to be as big an a-hole as you ever dreamed you could possibly be...with the one caveat that it has to involve water. (not saying everyone takes advantage of that...but still, the few who do...get a free pass)
  16. Someone I know is currently teaching in China but is finishing in August. He is thinking of coming to Thailand and I was wondering which websites were best for him to look for teaching jobs. Thanks.
  17. A pair of off-topic posts with a trolling nickname for a public figure and containing altered meme graphics have been removed. Continue with more of the same and a suspension will be forthcoming.
  18. DAMN! Couldn't you tell me this earlier? I could today take a 25 minutes round trip to nearest gas station and buy a full tank 17 Baht cheaper then tomorrow. πŸ‘ΊπŸ‘ΊπŸ‘Ί
  19. This happens more frequently than reported on this forum. Any Immigration office should correct the date on the permission of stay stamp, provided you've filed a TM30 (Notification of an aliens residence) You can apply for a 30-day extension for each 30 day visa exempt entry from a border run. 2 land border runs with extensions will get you 120 days.
  20. Drought to be announced next week. Very little rain here in 2024.
  21. I wonder daily why not all those full time website builders thailand is rich off, did not create something totally new, if it is such a goldmine with many many many ads and a little copy paste content
  22. Nope. Don't need it. The pneumatics work just fine without it.
  23. funny because since it was ASEANNOW, the search engine sucked monkey b...s how long ago was that take over so everybody keeps their well overpaid jobs playing GOD
  24. Darren Lyons says AN syndicate content from Bangkok Post. This is not the case, but I wonder if Thaiger Talk syndicate BP content. Does anyone know?
  1. Load more activity