All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. But if these were half litre cans the level would be 0.05% which is the limit in Thailand.
  3. Exactly. If third countries wouldn't get involved in disputes between countries then any stronger country can just take over any smaller country. It's like a school bully. The bully wont stop by himself and the bullied guy isn't strong enough to defend himself. Others have to step in. Which is also the whole idea of NATO. All countries together are too strong for anyone else to try to invade any individual member state.
  4. More "what ifs". So allow me to "what if" too. What if governments mandated that all new condos need to provide EV charging? What if they also backdated that so existing condos need to add them? Condos also have councils and people pay common fees, so if the people want them they will be installed. I don't think the whole world will be driving EVs any time soon, but they are continuing to grow in popularity, especially in cities (where most condos are). I imagine in future EV charging will be a selling point of a new condo. You live in Bangkok and a young family in five years' time want to buy one I expect EV charging will be a consideration in where they choose, and I also expect it will be a requirement to have charging stations for any new condo. Do I know this for a fact? No. But I expect it - it's my "what if". Do you not expect this to change given the EV uptake? You are talking about condos that were built before EV popularity was a thing. If you are talking of the UK it is 2035. And see my reply above. You think they will mandate EVs without mandating charging infrastructure in buildings? I know the Tories are corrupt and useless but surely not that useless. Then again....
  5. The wave is building. Like the winter swell on the North Shore of Oahu. Bonzai Pipeline! https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-union-leader-says-members-support-trump-biden-3-1-see-wave-coming
  6. Are you really that blinkered? - what are you trying to say? - "they don"t"? or are you just being deliberately obtuse? I quite clearly said "local immigration"
  7. That's an interesting comment. A lot of countries got involved in a German dispute with a number of European countries, during the second world war, and I, for one, am glad that they did.
  8. Implementing the recent stronger standard for fine particulate pollution revealed that 131 million Americans breathe unhealthy, polluted air where they live, according to a press release from the American Lung Association. ... This message from the American Lung Association comes with its yearly State of the Air report that presents data on air pollution levels across the U.S., with this year’s containing information from 2020 to 2022. ... Compared with last year’s report, Pruitt said the number of people living with unhealthy air went up by 11 million. (more) https://www.healio.com/news/pulmonology/20240424/2024-state-of-the-air-report-39-of-americans-breathe-polluted-unhealthy-air-daily https://www.lung.org/getmedia/dabac59e-963b-4e9b-bf0f-73615b07bfd8/State-of-the-Air-2024.pdf 2024 ‘State of the Air’ Report Reveals Most ‘Hazardous’ Air Quality Days in 25 Years The American Lung Association’s new “State of the Air” report reveals that spikes in deadly particle pollution are the most severe they’ve been in the history of the report. According to the new report, people in the U.S. experienced the most days with “very unhealthy” and “hazardous” air quality due to particle pollution in 25 years. In total, the report finds that 131 million people (39%) are living in areas with unhealthy levels of air pollution. The Lung Association’s 25th annual “State of the Air” report grades exposure to unhealthy levels of ground-level ozone air pollution (also known as smog) and short-term spikes and annual average of particle pollution (also known as soot) over a three-year period. This year’s report includes the most recent quality-assured air quality data from 2020-2022 and is updated to reflect the new annual particle pollution standard that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalized in February 2024. https://www.lung.org/media/press-releases/sota-2024
  9. Doesn't he need a re-entry permit? I've always thought one was needed when leaving the country on a 1 year Visa extension. My understanding was when returning with a re-entry permit the 90 days would start over on day of arrival. I may be wrong but what is the purpose of a re-entry permit then?
  10. good luck with that. people are not interested in masking up again any time soon.
  11. If the Brits have a very close relationship with Thai Immigration, then where is the "reciprocal agreement" between Thailand and Britain/UK regarding annual increments to pensions? 🙂
  12. Yes, in fact the hottest April I have known was 2014… At the time there was no global warming propaganda…
  13. This is incorrect.....vehicles GIVE WAY to the LEFT at intersections.....that is the correct rule.... He [Excogitator] already acknowledged.... This GIVE WAY to the LEFT at intersections stands only when roads are of equal status and there, are no road markings and no other vehicle is on the junction (i.e. they arrived at the junction at the same time). You are indeed right Sir, I stand corrected. Yield to the LEFT is the general rule. (Seems to be a lot of confusion about this. I was even taught the wrong way here..)
  14. You know, after two years of running my clone business and visiting farms, I've noticed something cool: a lot of small home/craft growers here in Thailand are growing cannabis that's on par, if not better, than what's coming out of big operations with 100 to 300 lights. It's all about their passion and hands-on approach, which gives them the edge in quality and unique strains you won't find commercially. What's even more interesting is their setup. These small craft growers are using top-notch tools like US fertilizers such as Athena, substrate sensors for precise monitoring, and the latest LED lighting technology. They're really going all out for quality, unlike some larger farms that cut corners to save costs. Thai home-grown:
  15. Next here... think bigger picture.... What if scenario for you: What IF the whole idea of EV's is to have cleaner cities... then more in the city will be encouraged to have an EV. More of those people in the inner cities will live in largo condo blocks and areas of high population density. How will charing occur in Condo's when many more people or even most of the occupants have an EV ??? So... while I agree, on the individual level its not rocket science, thinking beyond over simplified and dumbed down responses.... the issue is genuine... "No new petrol or diesel cars sold from 2030" - Ring a bell ???
  16. This is incorrect.....vehicles GIVE WAY to the LEFT at intersections.....that is the correct rule....
  17. Thanks Misty. I don't plan on needing to switch visas in the future so the issue is my arrival date in Thailand with the THB 50K < USD 1600 consideration. I sent an email to the BOI to confirm if 6-21-24 would be the latest valid date if paying in BKK. I didn't ask if they could extend the date.
  18. Covers content Not interested Inappropriate Seen too often ADBRO is the full service ad network for high impact contextual advertising with direct access to the exclusive in-image inventories across major local publishers. We provide free creative adaptation into rich media, interactive and playable ads formats. Campaigns in our channel are delivered under guaranteed prices for actions with programmatic & managed delivery. We provide contextually segmented in-target audiences for over 60 industries with a full range of brand safety solutions. ADBRO operates across SE Asia, including Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia. To test our channel for your advertising campaigns or consider partnership programs for publishers, please contact us at www.adbro.me August 2013 bought another Fino, new 45,000 baht. Now 96,800km and as per picture, well looked after, has had every scheduled oil change and maintenance at Yamaha dealer, no accidents. At that age and mileage has no resale we'll keep it until it stops, daughter now uses it six days a week to/from work until starting uni in June. Biggest single repair expense has been a new fuel pump 2500 baht in November. December 2023 bought the Honda Click 160 ABS. 69,900 baht and so far 3200km. Three weeks ago we did a 180km highway ride, all ok. Considered an ADV 160 but my wife and daughter found it too big to manage. Scooter life is great. Before moving here I'd always had bigger bikes, all the Japanese brands, two Harleys, a Cagiva and two new Triumphs. Now an auto scooter! Such is life... As well as Honda and Yamaha dealers there's also Lambretta and Vespa dealers in the city, Vespas are very popular with the better-off uni students and I see the dealer organises monthly group rides around the province for 150 and 300cc owners. Happy riding. Great bikes but very heavy on fuel, I'll just stick to Honda, although some of their agents are dodgy.
  19. This topic might have made for an interesting discussion if the opening post had included links - from credible sources - for the statements being made. As this was not the case, this topics need to be closed.
  20. Utterly ridiculous statement. New Zealand gave visa free travel to Thailand many years ago, and was packed full of Thai's who would not go back. For example, if the USA gave free visa travel to Thailand, you would see an exodus in Thailand on mass .
  21. Yeah, what you hear on YouTube is wrong 🙂 While it's true that caution is necessary when sourcing clones, it's not as black and white as never accepting them from outside sources. In fact, reputable clone companies like the one I run in Thailand supply thousands of clones each month to growers for various reasons—whether it's to kickstart their operations, replace previously bad genetics, or avoid scams from other companies . We even offer original US clones from renowned breeders like Seed Junky's its the only original "Wedding Cake" cut available in the world for a premium price, showcasing the value and exclusivity of certain strains. Some strains are only available as clones, and each phenotype is unique—making them highly sought after and irreplaceable. 20 years ago people paid up to 20.000$ per clone for the first strains that turn purple. Breeding and clone exchanges are common practices among professional growers and breeders globally. For instance, recent collaborations like the Greenhouse Amsterdam strain SLH X RS11 featuring an RS11 clone from DeoFarm, selected by Doja and Wizard Tr ees, highlights how clones are integral to developing new and exciting genetics. And about the pests like spider mites—well, that's part of the game. If you skip proper quarantine and integrated pest management (IPM) practices, you're inviting trouble regardless of where your clones come from. It's all about responsible handling and care, no matter the source.
  22. HOUSTON — Ending universal masking and admission testing of all hospitalized patients was associated with an increase in hospital-onset COVID-19 at five Massachusetts hospitals, researchers found. “What prompted the study was our published viewpoints that the use of universal masking and testing continues to have value in hospitals where there is a high concentration of vulnerable patients during times of substantial respiratory virus transmission,” Theodore R. Pak, MD, PhD, an infectious diseases fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital, told Healio. ... Pak concluded, “As evidence mounts about the continued impact of hospital-onset respiratory viruses (both in terms of frequency and outcomes), given what we've learned about the efficacy of testing and masking for infection control during the waves of the COVID pandemic and the findings of this study, we would be remiss not to consider the value of these measures during either the next winter or any other future period with high respiratory virus transmission.” (more) https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20240423/hospitalonset-covid19-surged-after-end-of-universal-screening-masking
  23. If you have no way to charge your car at home then an EV is not for you - it is not rocket science. Has anyone ever claimed everybody should have an EV no matter what their circumstance? Why do people insist on coming up with ridiculous "what if" scenarios to support their anti EV stance? If you can't charge one you shouldn't buy one. Next!
  24. True The question for me is If The Thaiger now owns this site , why rewrite an article that already exists on Thaiger.
  25. Erm, much better quality than GM (absolute junk) or Tesla (slightly better than junk). You want your products to be more expensive? If BYD can sell millions of products at a price point that is great for the consumer and makes them money you would rather pay more? For what reason? Please explain why consumers getting a better deal is a bad thing. Oh, and normally you are supposed to post links to back up random facts. I'd rather not be gouged, but obviously you think differently. BYD are still very healthily profitable so all is good, no? Yellowtail would rather pay more for his goods so multi billion dollar companies can make more money. Yellowtail has more money than sense? Tesla's glory gouging days are over, thank you BYD. As for GM, they will die a slow natural death. https://qz.com/chinas-ev-giant-byd-is-slowly-closing-its-profit-gap-wi-1850979109 Profit per vehicle sold:
  1. Load more activity