All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. How long should a bank wire sent from US on monday afternoon take to land in Thai bank account?
  3. Jomtien, Chonburi — Jomtien Beach in Chonburi saw fewer tourists than expected during the recent Songkran holiday. Most businesses blame the ongoing one-way traffic system, which confuses visitors. Beachside vendor Mrs. Poolsawat Singhsawasdi, 55, complained to local media that tourist numbers between April 12nd-16th were relatively normal, without the usual large crowds witnessed during the normal Songkran holiday. Mrs. Poolsawat believed that the decline might be due to Pattaya’s recent traffic changes, including the implementation of one-way system at Pattaya Beach Road. By Aim Tanakorn Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  4. For those, like me, who did not know what shelf wear means: "Shelf wear is a form of damage that can develop on items removed and replaced on a shelf. It can also refer to damage caused by rough handling by staff members and customers. Shelf wear can sometimes be caused by improper storage in the stock room or on the shelves." Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.eposnow.com/us/resources/what-is-shelf-wear/%23:~:text%3DShelf%20wear%20is%20a%20form,room%20or%20on%20the%20shelves.&ved=2ahUKEwiV8d-bysyFAxXLgv0HHf2MCn0QFnoECBIQBQ&usg=AOvVaw36is7xGPxdXiLrEI1zc0cp
  5. Pattaya City Hall don't like trees, vile weed
  6. My country does not issue you a new passport if you have too many Thai stamps Only if you have no more pages left. Or it will expire within 9 months Or if it was lost or mutilated. You can also apply for a second valid passport Your name DOB, fingerprints and face don't change. All your previous entries can be linked
  7. Suspect identified in Thai woman’s London murder, killer on the run by Petch Petpailin Photo via MET POLICE Local police announced they have successfully identified the suspect in the murder of a 27 year old Thai woman in London but added that the killer may have fled abroad. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325321-thailand-scraps-visa-requirements-for-kazakhstan-tourists/
  8. Local police announced they have successfully identified the suspect in the murder of a 27 year old Thai woman in London but added that the killer may have fled abroad. The dead body of 27 year old Thai woman Kamonnan “Angela” Thiamphanit was found at her luxury mansion on Stanhope Place, on Bayswater Road, near Hyde Park on April 8. She reportedly bore multiple stab wounds all over her body. A neighbour told local media that she heard a high-pitched scream before Kamonnan’s body was discovered. However, she did not go out to investigate because she did not think she could help. Kamonnan worked in real estate but further details about her career were not disclosed. She rented the mansion through Airbnb but there was no report of whether she lived there alone or with others. Local police believe Kamonnan was acquainted with the murderer because no signs of theft or forced entry were visible at the scene. Moreover, the front door of Kamonnan’s mention was equipped with a camera allowing her to screen the visitors, revealed Detective Chief Inspector Alison Foxwell. “We believe that the person who attacked her was known to her. This isn’t a stranger attack but at some point after April 6 at 6.15am she was attacked in the address and sustained several stab injuries.” The Daily Mail reported on April 16 that police already had the name of the main suspect in Kamonnan’s case but officers believe the person has fled England. Foxwell added that she did not think it would be possible to arrest the suspect within the next two weeks. She added that she would consult with the Crown Prosecution Service about whether or not they had enough evidence to extradite the suspect from outside the UK. According to the Daily Mail, Foxwell and the relevant authorities planned to return Kamonnan’s body to her family in Thailand for a funeral ceremony. ORIGINAL STORY: Delayed police response to Thai woman’s brutal murder in London The brutal stabbing murder of a 27 year old Thai woman, in her residence in Westminster, London, has stirred up public fire against the local police over their delayed response to distress calls from her friends. The unfortunate incident unfolded in a home located on Stanhope Place, near Hyde Park, valued at around US$4 million. The victim Kamonnan Angela Thiamphanit’s lifeless body was discovered on Monday morning. Her neighbours reported hearing screams prior to the gruesome discovery, according to British media. The search for the culprit is still ongoing. The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed last night that the deceased was indeed a Thai national who had been stabbed. The ministry further revealed that the Thai embassy in London had reached out to the victim’s family and was working closely with the police on the case. As reported by the Daily Mail, law enforcement authorities were alerted by a worried friend of Kamonnan on Sunday evening. Despite this, they failed to arrive at the scene until 13 hours later. The Metropolitan Police confirmed receiving two calls from the same individual at 7.05pm and 9.34pm respectively, as reported by the BBC. Multiple wounds The police force revealed in a statement that the woman was initially graded as a medium-risk missing person prior to the discovery of her body. Officers visited the property on Stanhope Place at 8.30am on Monday. They were confronted with the grim sight of a woman who had suffered multiple stab wounds upon forcibly entering the premises. An autopsy report revealed sharp force trauma as the cause of death. Before Kamonnan’s body was found, neighbours reported hearing two high-pitched screams, followed by an eerie silence. Given the lack of forced entry and the presence of a video entry system at the front door, it is speculated that Kamonnan might have been acquainted with her attacker. The Metropolitan Police has referred the case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) due to the criticism received for their handling of the investigation. Detective Chief Inspector Adam Clifton made a public appeal for information. “I would appeal to anyone who has information that could assist us, no matter how insignificant you think that may be, to come forward and speak to us. Kamonnan’s family and friends have been devastated by this murder and we must ensure whoever is responsible is held to account.” Neighbours revealed that Kamonnan lived in the £4-million (182 million baht) property situated in the posh neighbourhood of the City of Westminster, just a stone’s throw away from Hyde Park. The property, which served as the Ethiopian Embassy until four years ago, has since been converted into several Airbnb units. Kamonnan’s specific rental spaces within the property remain unknown. The three-storey, five-bedroom terraced home originating from the 1820s is rented, according to a local hotel owner, who was oblivious to the identity of the tenant, reported Bangkok Post. by Petch Petpailin Photo via MET POLICE Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  9. I would like to get some short sleeved shirts and slacks made up. Also a lightweight blazer. Does anyone have any ideas of a tailor with good quality and resonable prices? I think many of the tailors use the same factory/factories so i dont want to pay over the odds for a tailor at expensice location. Thanks
  10. My Thai GF would think your post is deranged.
  11. No need to visit Jomtien to ask as I already posted the non-imm O requirement sheet they hand out. It clearly states 800k had to be in bank for 2 months prior to application of non-imm O
  12. Trump supporters never had a mind to lose. Sheeple.
  13. "Phi and Shi then got out of their SUV and asked Rattaphum and their friends to move." That equates to confronting? Drunk and foolhardy or arrogant? Not sure how you come to that conclusion. How about they needed to get somewhere and they saw that the car ahead of them could move, but maybe its occupants were playing water fights with people on the street instead? Who knows.... The two foreigners may have been perfectly polite. They may not have been polite. We don't know. But either way, being asked to move politely or rudely is not a reason for attempting to kill someone. Stabbing is a hell of a lot more serious than a many people seem to think. You imply that they had a reason to try to kill these guys. That's pretty extreme. They may have had an excuse, but nothing remotely close to a reason that anyone can possibly reasonably conclude from this article.
  14. People are realizing,Thats for sure ! Bill Barr is saying a second biden term ,is a national suicide for America. biden responded : “thats a lie”. A better response , Don’t. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/it-s-just-such-a-lie-joe-calls-out-bill-barr-for-saying-a-second-biden-term-is-national-suicide/vi-AA1nerS0
  15. On a tourist visa? On exemptions at arrival? Funny reply indeed, but doesn't seem that this has anything to do with the former two.
  16. Thailand scraps visa requirements for Kazakhstan tourists by Mitch Connor Photo courtesy of Xinhua The Thai Cabinet gave its nod for the permanent removal of visa requirements for tourists from Kazakhstan, a government spokesperson announced. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325321-thailand-scraps-visa-requirements-for-kazakhstan-tourists/
  17. The Thai Cabinet gave its nod for the permanent removal of visa requirements for tourists from Kazakhstan, a government spokesperson announced. This move aims to increase the influx of tourists from Kazakhstan, one of the rapidly evolving markets for Thailand’s tourism sector and a significant contributor to the nation’s economic development. Data released by the Tourism Authority of Thailand indicates a remarkable surge in the number of Kazakh tourists, with figures rising from 60,000 to 172,000 within a single year. The majority of these travellers comprise families and couples who choose to spend an average of 14 days in Thailand. Their preferred destinations are beach resorts where they spend approximately 75,000 baht per individual. The TAT anticipates an increase in these numbers, estimating more than 220,000 Kazakh visitors this year. In response to the growing travel demand, Air Astana, the airline of Kazakhstan, has amplified its number of flights to Thailand. The government had earlier initiated visa exemptions for Kazakh passport holders in September as part of a trial project. The policy was further extended until August 31 earlier this year. Thai citizens have been enjoying visa-free travel to Kazakhstan since 2019, permitting them to stay in the country for up to 30 days, reported Bangkok Post. Following suit, a permanent visa waiver for Chinese tourists visiting Thailand was implemented on March 1, reciprocated by China for Thai travellers, under a bilateral agreement. In related news, the Government of Thailand has halted the obligatory TM 6 immigration forms for foreigners arriving in the country via land or sea, effective from April 15 to October 15. This resolution, approved by the Cabinet on April 9, is a response to a suggestion by Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, according to ministry spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul. In other news, Thailand Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin recently announced the country’s ambitions to boost its tourism industry and international relationships, following a promising discussion with French President Emmanuel Macron. Held at the prestigious Élysée Palace in Paris, the meeting centred around a visa-free agreement with Schengen area countries, a strategic move that France has expressed support for. by Mitch Connor Photo courtesy of Xinhua Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  18. that along with fascist has been thrown around this site for years now.
  19. I never heard of that before. You would still do the regular tourist visa extension and aren't those 6 months max? And it also seems it's different in each immigration office.
  20. Incidentally the main reason I'm upgrading to Chromecast is the use of WiFi 5GHz. But not sure if it's any good, it does not even have an antenna...! Any feedback...? My current MXQ pro box only has 2.4GHz, but even with antenna it has dreadful reception, so I hotpot off my laptop, it works but it's a bit of a pain, hence looking into Chromecast... I see somebody selling it used, but I read they can now flash any android device with built-in malware, even a factory reset won't get rid of it - hard to trust anything these days...! Saying that I haven't noticed anything unsavory on my MXQ pro for last 6 years which is suppose to be full of bad stuff, but I guess we are not supposed to notice these malware...! 🙄, I always use a separate Google account for these though ...
  21. Thailand Post considers becoming virtual banking agent by Alex Morgan Picture courtesy of spacebar.th Thailand Post, the government-owned logistics firm, is examining the possibility of becoming a neutral virtual banking agent to supplement the functions of emerging virtual banks, according to Chief Executive Dhanant Subhadrabandhu. Fuull story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325320-thailand-post-considers-becoming-virtual-banking-agent/
  22. Thailand Post, the government-owned logistics firm, is examining the possibility of becoming a neutral virtual banking agent to supplement the functions of emerging virtual banks, according to Chief Executive Dhanant Subhadrabandhu. The national organisation plans to use its extensive network of 1,600 branches and a delivery workforce of 25,000 to support this initiative. Serving as a neutral virtual bank agent presents a fresh business prospect for Thailand Post’s ongoing financial and retail operations, Dhanant stated. The company is slated to decide by June on its potential participation in the evolution of virtual banks, three months before the Bank of Thailand’s September cut-off for virtual bank applications. Contrary to the primary digital nature of virtual banks, Thailand Post could simplify these operations by acting as a physical touchpoint via its branches and delivery personnel, Dhanant suggested. For instance, Thailand Post could assist unbanked individuals or migrant workers who are paid daily in cash to deposit their earnings through the virtual banking system. Delivery staff could introduce customers to a range of virtual bank services at their homes. Thailand Post could offer associated services as a virtual bank agent across its 1,600 branches, Dhanant added. The company already functions as a banking agent for all banks, facilitating deposits and withdrawals using bank account passbooks at its postal branches. Thailand Post is currently in discussions with several banks that could potentially transition into virtual banks to jointly investigate the feasibility of a proposed neutral banking agent partnership, according to Dhanant. The state-owned enterprise could also contemplate acquiring shares in a consortium planning to apply for a virtual bank licence. Dhanant confirmed that discussions have been held with several major commercial banks as well as non-bank companies that operate diverse businesses through a retail consumer base. However, these discussions have not yet concluded. Migrant workers Thailand Post believes it could assist lenders with several operations. “Apart from Thais, one target group for virtual bank service is migrant workers who do not receive a pay slip from their employer.” This latest strategy aligns with Thailand Post’s core goal to transition from last-mile delivery to a first-mile service, striving to be recognised by Thais for its services and trusted for its quality, Dhanant stated. Thailand Post recently set a bold profit target for this year of 350 million baht, a significant increase from last year’s 78 million. Last year marked the first time in three years that the state enterprise recorded a net profit, reported Bangkok Post. by Alex Morgan Picture courtesy of spacebar.th Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  23. Not that I have seen, and not for me. I do not go to a market to save money. I go there to enjoy something that is unique and entertaining for me. Seems a lot of Thai people agree with my sentiment.
  1. Load more activity