All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am not aware of business class being available on domestic flights within Thailand. Normal people prefer to spend their money on things less ephemeral than business class big-noting.
  3. It is my mother's 80th birthday today. She has received a letter from the DWP advising that she will be receiving a 25 PENCE per week increase in her state pension for reaching this milestone. It probably cost a months worth of the increase just to notify her by post.
  4. This reminds of the Denier movement of 20 years ago's mantra: "but Al Gore has a big house". Of course, the Denier claims of 20 years ago are forgotten now, humorous in retrospect.
  5. However, more than 70 million Americans voted for Trump, twice.
  6. Hahaha, getting insulted by the German flag. You're hilarious, boomer 🤣
  7. Watch for the change before July when the unelected senators are completely out. They made that statement earlier this week that while they will be leaving politics "they have no agenda but they are ready to vote for a new PM before July, if needed"
  8. Going to the hospital now to see if I really did survive 4 flights uninjured last month
  9. And what might that be? So if I go the day before it expires, I can effectively get 13 months on one extension?
  10. For reference - not only Thailand where UK State Pension is frozen but also Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam in this part of the World. My UK State Pension is frozen at 102 GBP per week, the same as 15 years ago! Fortunately I get two indexed linked police pensions in addition. Full list: https://www.britishpensions.org.au/archive/frozenindexed.htm
  11. Very happy to be back here, I left Melbourne when it was 13 C, not counting windchill. Hoping to survive a plague carrier seated next to me, who coughed continuously from Melbourne to Singapore. The Singapore - Bangkok leg had a howling infant a few seats away. The joys of air travel.
  12. It's the airline's responsibility, not yours. So, if they allow these small trolleys as carry-on, it will be used. If they don't check the size and weight (but they usually do with normal airlines) you should take it up with the airline. Good luck. if you are getting fed up with other people's luggage, just travel business as we normal people do.
  13. Says the muppet running the german flag as an avatar.... Could you not find a Nazi flag ?
  14. A couple of points. The first is that there is no indication whatsoever that Thai banks will woth hold tax on international transfers, I think that is a one in a million chance of happening! Secondly, please don't discuss ways to evade tax in Thailand or the thread will have to be closed.
  15. And I said Stalin and FDR both did some good things, does that mean I'm a communist and think they are great?
  16. 20 years traveling this very road, have had several accidents... all I have been deemed not at fault by the police. When the time comes I properly clean up someone... hopefully it is the annoying yappy little dog that has zero clue but likes to hear his own voice.
  17. I can't remember handling a live hand grenade with a red release. Our practice grenades were yellow I think but memory hazy.
  18. If I was in the UK, I would receive an uprated Pension , Pension Credit, Housing Benefit, Winter Fuel Allowance, free NHS treatment ( which in my case would be quite expensive), a Bus Pass and probably other benefits and allowances. It should easily double, and more, what I cost the state!
  19. You probably remember when it was claimed that Venice was sinking. It was, but billions were spent to offset the rising water. This might be a lesson for you to understand the impact of a warming atmosphere.
  20. Says the guy who puts an avatar of an unfunny guy who went on a racist tirade insulting blacks as N-word publicly. Hahahaha 🤣
  21. the husband sprung into action, couldn't stand the 3 years of her whining.
  22. Yes papa, and if I tried that I'd probably fall off. As a young un, I could wheelie bicycles easily enough. But I've never been keen to try on a motorbike. Why? Cause I don't want to damage my bike or myself if I cock it up. The idea is good in theory tho.
  1. Load more activity