All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well for the Fireworks competition that would have taken a good half hour, I was located further North and the Beach Rd was hellish crowded. Fortunately The Holiday Inn had opened up some facilities, for free too.
  3. Yingluck's Corruption Case Dismissed by Anti-graft Agency Yingluck Shinawatra. File photo Wikipedia commons Thailand's National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has unanimously decided not to challenge the Supreme Court's acquittal of ex-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and five others regarding allegations of improper dealings tied to a 240-million baht public relations campaign. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1326033-yinglucks-corruption-case-dismissed-by-anti-graft-agency/
  4. Thailand's National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has unanimously decided not to challenge the Supreme Court's acquittal of ex-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and five others regarding allegations of improper dealings tied to a 240-million baht public relations campaign. The charges stated that they had misused their authority by not conducting public tenders for the campaign, favouring media firms Matichon Plc and Siam Sport Syndicate Plc. The NACC alleged that funds for the campaign, aimed at promoting government infrastructure initiatives, were wasted when the associated roadshow was halted after a Constitutional Court ruled against the legislative proposal for the intended 2-trillion-baht loan. However, the Supreme Court disagreed, stating there was no harm to the state regarding contract negotiations and fund distribution. It noted that government organisations and the Cabinet supported the initiatives and the Budget Bureau permitted the contingency fund allocation for the PR project. The dismissal of the case removes further obstacles for ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra - Yingluck’s brother- to regain full political control. Both Thaksin and Yingluck left Thailand to avoid jail sentences handed down by the Supreme Court for separate charges. Thaksin's return to Thailand and subsequent parole has sparked rumours that Yingluck may follow suit, solidifying the Pheu Thai Party’s stronghold, now led by Thaksin's daughter, Paetongtarn. TOP: Yingluck Shinawatra. File photo Wikipedia commons -- 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  5. There's an inverse relationship between a man's IQ and the breast size he prefers. I, of course, prefer small breasts. And detest any fake ones.
  6. Thos policy was first introduced in 1946. After Brexit the situation remains up in the air even for pensioners in EU. Oddly enough, it is not in place for pensioners in the USA, but is in Canada and Australia. Pensioners in Thailand should have seen this coming as it is nothing new. Tge pension in 2000 was about £67 whereas now it is around £220. This is still tiny compared to countries like France and Germany. Even on £220 per week, pensioners still have to pay for healthcare.
  7. A few comments above suggest biker’s fault. Seriously? Bike is going straight, car is turning right. Speed is irrelevant. The car must wait until it is safe to turn.
  8. https://britishpensions.com/are-you-receiving-a-uk-state-pension/ https://www.canzukinternational.com/2023/02/canadian-mp-urges-canada-uk-to-negotiate-end-of-frozen-pensions.html https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2024-02-19/debates/24021975000085/FrozenBritishPensions https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-if-you-retire-abroad/rates-of-state-pension However, pensioners resident in the USA receive the annual increases
  9. If you have 36 qualifying years you are entitled to your pension, you’ve earned it. so for them to then freeze it just because you choose to live elsewhere is nothing short of criminal. Time for change but don’t hold your breath!
  10. Can they open a bank account in Singapore n transfer the money to Thailand ?
  11. I have a similar problem with a 15 year old Toshiba that still works fine. I tie a bungee cord around the handle and the use the hook end tightly on the backside.
  12. Thai drivers very often cut in front of me on the roads, exactly like this Benz did, most likely hoping that I will notice them and brake before I hit them.
  13. No need for roaming just turn on WiFi. When you are in the coffee shop etc, ask the girl for password, she will find their WiFi on your phone and type in the password for you.
  14. Some great news for you TBL!! Former President of the International Court of Justice Joan O’Donoghue comments on the ruling of the court regarding South Africa’s allegations against Israel: The International Court of Justice“ did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible.” New topic Former ICJ President clarifies court's ruling on South Africa's case against Israel https://aseannow.com/topic/1325978-former-icj-president-clarifies-courts-ruling-on-south-africas-case-against-israel
  15. Healthcare in Thailand isn't as cheap as it's made out to be, maybe only if you're American. I have 2 old friends who are back in the UK now, one in Liverpool, for cancer treatment. An old Irish friend had cancer treatment in Bumrungrad that cost £38,000, how many expats have that much spare cash? Another (very wealthy) friend made around 5 million Baht on a property, he ended up giving all of that to B'grad, according to a mutual friend. Ciggies in Cambodia are way cheaper than in Thailand. Half a draft lager 50 cents in PP (is that about 18 Baht?), where will you get that in Thailand? Many expats are counting every penny. Visas are also way easier in Cambodia,
  16. I have a Telstra work iPhone I put it on to roaming but it seems not to work Can I use this phone here for wifi if I can switch anything? Any buttons I can push? Or I need wifi?
  17. Exactly the jammed traffic mess, what happened to Bang San beach for Thais? .And the buses. And it's encouraged by city hall with these endless happy sh*t events along Pattaya and Jomtien beach. Then the endless road works. And worst of all these bogus contractor - kickback concrete the beach "improvements"
  18. I’m sure China is buying oil at a deep discount it will be difficult for them to stop.perhaps the threat of lost trade revenues with the USA and Europe could snuff it out they obviously won’t do it to be supporting a free Ukraine 🇺🇦
  19. April and May alone have the same amount of holidays many countries have in one year. What is the productivity level of Thai workers? Just waiting for the next holiday to put on their credit cards. Stupid.
  20. Can't get much clearer than that: Former President of the International Court of Justice Joan O’Donoghue comments on the ruling of the court regarding South Africa’s allegations against Israel: The International Court of Justice“ did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible.” "The short hand that often appears that there is a plausible case of genocide isn't what the Court decided." It is time for all these @UN_SPExperts and @UN officials to stop spreading misinformation.
  21. I'm not a WiFi guy these days, just using the 4 and 5G cellular but I'd avoid the free WiFi if you want fast. I see that you visit coffee shops and massage places, ask for their WiFi password next time.
  22. Its ability to think for yourself. take Biden supporters for example. Zero intelligence. Anyone who can support that is obviously not capable of thinking on their own terms. All they do is ingest what others spoon feed them. That’s lack of intelligence
  1. Load more activity