All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It depends how you look at it. Back then the Palestinians were pretty defenseless against the Zionist militias committing atrocities. Why shouldn't the Arabs have come to their aid? Moshe Dayan and others from the Haganah militia were trained by Orde Wingate, a Christian Zionist British intelligence officer the late 30s. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Night_Squads : "The military historian Hew Strachan has described the tactics Wingate employed as a form of state terrorism,[5] and its mode of operation eventually to lead to allegations that Wingate had effectively organized these nights squads into Jewish 'murder gangs' or 'death squads'.[6][5] According to Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld, their training included "how to kill without compunction, how to interrogate prisoners by shooting every tenth man to make the rest talk;"
  3. 1. Urease breath test (important to stop PPIs if on them beforehand, preferrably for 2 weeks) 2. Stool test (antigen or PCR. Usally antigen). Not as widely available here as breath test but large hospitals can do. (Ditto re PPI). There is also a blood test (serology) but it is not as accurate as the 2 above and cannot distinguish current from past infection. 3. I seem to remember paying about 2k for urea breath test. I don't know for stool test but might be 1-2 k. (Private hospital rate).
  4. Sorry, I don't know any agency for this. Whether the "token amount" would work - I don't know. I know one RD office where it didn't work. No tax no TIN.
  5. if you do not want to be charged with crimes then it might be a good idea not to commit crimes and leave massive piles of evidence behind....whether magas like it or not it is the job of doj fbi and ag to investigate and gather evidence when crimes are alleged and then present that evidence to a grand jury of regular citizens who then determine whether the evidence warrants indictments.....that is what has happened. I doubt trump will be bankrupted as he seems to have a lot of delusional fools willing to keep sending him $$ to pay the army of lawyers who are trying to defend the indefensible.
  6. Someone asked and I didn't see a clear response. What is/are the test(s) that can determine if someone has HP? Yes, you can get an endoscopy and they can take samples, but that seems quite cumbersome and likely expensive. There's apparently a breath test, and maybe other mechanisms able to determine whether the bacteria is present. So if someone knowledgeable could tell the tests, and which are available in Thailand, and maybe the estimated cost, it would be greatly appreciated.
  7. The issue here is not what the TRD might or might not do. The issue is, those people who do not file a return are capable of having their previous 10 tax years audited whereas those who have filed are only exposed to audits covering the previous 2 tax years.
  8. These are going for around 40k baht. I spotted this for sale in Pattaya. Problem is I can't find anyone selling with a green book
  9. So many people complain about their OAP is not enough to live, now I like to prove you can have a decent live on the OAP (Australia) maybe not in the UK or US. This is a copy of my last payment; I do get 1277 $ per fortnight, my rent is just 480 $ per fortnight yes, I am lucky I don't live in the east of Australia. I posted my rent here many times so don't ask me again. I do feel sorry for people paying abnormal rent. Here is my payment Payment Details Age Pension + $1020.60 Rent Assistance + $188.20 Pension Supplement + $81.60 Energy Supplement + $14.10 Gross payment amount + $1304.50
  10. And when was the bank letter issued please? Great report BTW, many thanks
  11. 1. Are gifts important to your love for someone? Are they integral to your relationships? 2.Sharing food, fair enough. I don't have any problems either, but I wasn't /am not arguing that we are different on all counts 3. Do you do what your mum and dad want you to do rather than doing what you want to do as an adult? If your parents did not like your gf would you dump her? 4. The more I live here, the more difficult I find pda. I get a lot of stares anyway living in an area without many westerners. 5. Did your gf/wife accept to you having a bit on the side. Would you be okay with your lady having sex with another man? Ultimately, the answers to the above make little difference, but for me there are some points I can accept and others not. If she expect gifts in return for love, this is a transaction, not a relationship to me. If she did what her parents wanted her to do rather than what we as a couple wanted to do, once again, end of relationship. If she want to bend over for other men on the side, once again it's not gonna work with me, but we all have our own boundaries.
  12. A lot of people on this thread seem to think that the trains are for passenger - the reality is that they are first and foremost goods lines and some have started already.
  13. Today
  14. Lots of bar girls take ya bah to stay awake, even the Thais that sell it to them snitch, so if a foreigner thinks he can sell drugs in Thailand he's mad,especially on death island. I knew a guy who spent 9 in the Hilton, not for drugs, and what he told me about life in a thai jail was horrific, why these people want to go there is brainless.
  15. Transam, since you are ridiculing this, may I suggest to the TAT that they introduce a special tax for you and your likeminded of 3000 Baht per entry? It's like only 8.5 glasses of red wine. Ridicilous to care about, right?
  16. To have my life savings (modest for many) but wake up 25 again.
  17. I'm not confused - far from it, and anybody from the UK who reads your post must agree with at least part of the content. I do agree regarding the politicians - IMHO opinion, the mess that the country is in - from the Prime Minister (Rishi Shunak) to the Mayor of London (Sadiq Khan) is due to the fact that decisions are made without considering the benefits, ( pun intended!) in favour of making decisions that might not offend some "members" of the British public. The "Nanny State" is a reality where thousands of immigrants are so desperate to get there that hundreds of them have died over the years in the attempt to cross the Channel from France to the UK - another 5 have died today. However, the article is about somebody getting their car stuck in the sand in Phuket, and the consequences, so we are maybe going a bit "off road" with this discussion!
  18. What's with the thread hijacking? Coming on to this thread and crapping on scooters is like going to the gay section and disparaging homosexuals. You're not endearing yourselves to anyone and you're not going to find converts here, so what's the point?
  19. Attached is a photo of my 2023 Honda Click 160 at a gas pump on Phuket last May (pre suspension upgrade). I'm based in Pattaya and have toured all over the country on this scooter. Last month was a ride to Chantaburi, Buri Ram, Surin, Roi Et, Phitsanulok, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop but detoured down to Mae Sot, Ayutthaya, and back to Pattaya. Also a few trips south, as far as Krabi. I rode to Chantaburi along the coast of Rayong on Monday and returned to Pattaya the next day, just for a change of scenery. The suspension has been upgraded to the stiffest YSS front and rear springs, which is the only way I could have done the recent tour. The stock front suspension bottomed out too easily and I wasn't confident going hard into curves with it. No bottoming out with the new suspension. The odometer just rolled over 16,000 km (since Valentine's Day 2023) and it was in storage for 3 months last year. I had the front and rear pads/shoes replaced today for 550 baht at Mityon. The average fuel consumption on the long trips is fairly consistent @ 46km/l. The seat is the Achilles heel of this machine on long rides. Why do I tour on a 160? I love small displacement motorcycles. Touring on a 350 or larger bike would be much faster and more comfortable, but it's a different trip. Thai people talk to me when I'm stopped at a red light with them. On Monday night in Chantaburi a pickup loaded with durian rolled down the window and two lovely young women engaged me in conversation, thankfully in English, whilst waiting for the light to turn. A big bike wouldn't have fit into that space and a pleasant interaction would have been missed. The bike will go 90 all day, and 110 if I want to torture it, but I often find myself going slower and stopping to look at interesting things along the way. It's fun to ride slowly on back roads through villages. On a big bike I'd be doing 140 in the fast lane all day. I know myself.
  20. Immigration is the key word. The American people have been paying for his time in America so yes it affects the economy as in higher taxes so Biden can continue the free medical, housing and topping off their debit cards. I realize my post upset a liberal but try to get over it. Of course you are free to post wherever you want but are you American? If not, perhaps you can offer your advice on your country’s issues. I’m sure they will appreciate it.
  21. You are posting untrue things , misinformation . Your second sentence is completely wrong . 30 000 Palestinians have supposedly died in total , that figure includes 13 000 Hamas terrorists and those killed by Hamas friendly fire . 30 000 is the total deaths , terrorists included in that figure
  1. Load more activity