BANGKOK 25 May 2019 11:51

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You don't mention Latte. Too milky maybe. Why not add an extra coffee shot?
  3. I want to rule out a hernia, I’m getting this MRI done through the NHS in England so not paying for it, I had a nasty bicycle accident before my pelvic problems started so the MRI will also check my pelvic structure etc.. it’s not a useless scan. If clear then I’ll check for Urethral Stricture.
  4. Personally I find those "tower" type burgers irritating ridiculous and just damn messy ! Chips look great !!
  5. This also reminds me of the 1000 Bhat we westerners have to pay to go across the border at Nong Khai because the missus wants to go shopping in Udon, its literally only one day but I still have to pay 1000B, if I have used up my two annual freebies .... don't tell me thats not revenue collecting .... not from me anyway, I don't go across anymore ...
  6. Move to Siem Reap, eat, smoke or vape as much as you like.
  7. Now, there's a pointless post. Same as this one, I suppose.
  8. Ridiculous, this guy is too much of a dufus to be a spy.
  9. Looks good. But how do you eat the burger, compress it so it would fit a normal mouth?
  10. its a closed shop monopoly, which of course you know, foreign wine taxed heavily, to protect the Thai <deleted> here they like to call wine.
  11. Would not knock that too hard, I worked in NPD (New Product Development) and one golden rule was to use parts we have instead of inventing more, the problem hear was they were pushing the limits of the airframe.
  12. Interesting article in the news today on Americans in Mexico losing their retirement savings due to Mexican bank fraud, and not getting much help from the bank: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/expats-millions-in-life-savings-disappear-from-mexican-accounts
  13. Good news story for a change, that's until all the Scrooge's come along with their negative nonsense.
  14. Urgent : At least 25 workers injured after explosion on ship at Laem Chabang Port By The Nation At least 25 port workers were injured and local people were evacuated following an explosion in a container on a ship at Laem Chabang Port in Chon Buri’s Sri Racha district on Saturday morning. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102707-public-warned-as-huge-chemical-fire-breaks-out-at-laem-chabang-port/
  15. "I'm doing it for my grandchildren" ... one of the biggest of the Brexit lies. Most of the honest one's when interviewed in the street explained very clearly that they were doing it because of immigration ... one old bloke saying he's voting to "get rid of them immigrants" ... and he was one of many. For most of them that's the real truth. Another truth is that they don't believe that they'll suffer much in any fall out, with pensions and no jobs to lose should it all go wrong. The older and smarter myth is another piece of nonsense ... if you have a simpleton view of the world, old age doesn't improve the situation. Doing it for the kids? Give me a break.
  16. Nott a guarantee but an assumption that is broadly accepted - experience counts for a lot in life.
  17. Urgent : At least 25 workers injured after explosion on ship at Laem Chabang Port By The Nation At least 25 port workers were injured and local people were evacuated following an explosion in a container on a ship at Laem Chabang Port in Chon Buri’s Sri Racha district on Saturday morning. Laem Chabang port director Vice Admiral Yutthana Mokkhao said an urgent investigation was being undertaken to determine the contents of the container. The Hong Kong ship was docked at A2 port, the director said. At the time of explosion, about 8am, scores of port employees were working in the area. The explosion sent clouds of an unknown white power into the air as well as black smoke from the fire. It was reported that at least 25 of the workers were sent to a nearby hospital after being exposed to the white powder. Workers remaining at the scene were seen dousing their faces with water to wipe off the powder. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369979 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-25 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  18. If you can enter Thailand before it expires you will obtain "extra" 12 months. You will need to obtain reentry permit for that 12 months. EDIT...Just noticed expiry date is soon. So entering los before expiry won't suit.
  19. !) Yes, but I would extend the tourist visa entry for 30 days first. 2) Yes, you can get a 30 day extension at immigration for 1900 baht. 3) Various copies, a TM 7 form and money/ photo, straightforward process. 4) You can fly out and back to get a 30 day Visa Exempt entry (which can also be extended for 30 days). 5). No official limit, for your stated needs no problem. You are limited to 2 Visa Exempt Land border entries in any calendar year (Jan-Dec) 6) Depends region to region, I would expect nearer 25,000 in Pattaya area. I suspect you have an Extension based on retirement, you cannot renew a Visa.
  20. I think, that suffice to say, that people have varying opinions based on their own experience. That opinion doesnt make them right nor wrong, its just different based on their experience and interaction with a specific individual or department. Unless you have had the same requirement and dealt with the same dept and person, it would be wrong to suggest that anyone is wrong/lying as that would be disrespectful and just trolling.
  1. Load more activity