All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There's a sucker in every crowd. And a farang sucker funding every "traditional" Thai wedding. A million THB. <laughs> Run.
  3. Bitter balding overweigh misogynist playing on your keyboard she is just telling the truth -you can't handle it. i didn't know this many personal insults were allowed in a single comment on these threads. keep up the good fight insulting everyone you can. it's a great look.
  4. Free - I point the kids to the Amphur office where they free to get married.
  5. I do like the look of these Surron E bikes on Aliexpress. But they aren't really scooters or motorcycles. More a motorised mountain bike. They look fun tho...
  6. This issue, along with many others, is all under review as we move forward to a better performing forum. You patience and understanding whilst many transitions take place is appreciated.
  7. That's a pretty good dream indeed :) I wouldn't mind it either. Makes sense. But it would be a bit of a let down for the narcissist in me :D
  8. The issue with all of these things is to determine if they are true and exist or not, not whether they are actively enforced or the likelihood of them being enforced, or the logical difficulties of enforcing them. If we can do that, members can then decide whether they wish to accept the risk of each one, or not. I don't think for one moment that our role is to say yes, rule XY or Z exists but we don't know of anyone who has ever been impacted by it hence everyone can safely ignore it!
  9. and Apple and Google doesn’t like each others when it comes to wallets and payments 😎
  10. Great story, hope we get more like this. My eldest brother joined the NZ airforce. Once he had enough money, went and bought himself a bike. Suzuki GS750. He'd only ridden the family farm bike previously (Yamaha AG100). On his first trip back to the home town (600km) he went off road twice. Both times through farmers fences... Silly boy! Big bikes dont need to be ridden fast. Experience counts. Ride to the conditions.
  11. Another match made in heaven. More unstable tourism to Thailand.
  12. You don't need a Thai ID for LINE Pay, but it isn't compatible with PromptPay. You can only use it to pay where LINE Pay is accepted. I think the same is true for TrueMoney. They are similar systems, but separate from PromptPay.
  13. To have TV back and Thailand pre-smartphone days. 😋 A noble sentiment, but that would probably get old fast after you realise people are only interested in your money. Would be better and safer to fly under the radar and help anonymously.
  14. Not bad - decent value as a local run around... not great lookers, but neither is honda click or fino....
  15. In a fundamental Christian families, ie. Baptists, the question about the virginity is mostly not required as the daughter would be still living with the parents and would not only involve asking her to get married but also the father and it would be made very clear what is expected and so. In case of the medical examination. Well, I am not extremely focused on the virgin part. As written, I would prefer it and there are countries where this choice is more likely to happen and I will try to make it happen soon 🥰. But, nope, I would let the act in itself be proof and we all know how this will look like with a virgin (not trying to be graphic).
  16. In real life? I hope not! PS; He appears to be from a galaxy far far away!
  17. Not to worry. I have too big competition. You seem to be the comedian here.
  18. Jim, I'm with you... I guess every expat who's been living here sometime during the past 10 years, and who's not filed a tax return, will be getting a visit or call from the TRD police because the PWC booklet says it's possible. This is exactly why I quit reading this thread every day. Just because it says so in a booklet, doesn't mean it will ever happen, so why put it out there and make people worry. I'm so glad that none of this affects me. I have enough money here, to live on this year without having to remit any, and next year I will happily become a non-tax resident. Good luck to you...
  19. Well, the OP just pointed out something that I'd consider a major disadvantage: Thailand gets millions of tourists per year who can't participate in PromptPay, because they can't get a Thai bank account. Nothing to do with evading the authorities.
  20. They are mentally challenged. You've concluded the investigation. Good stuff.
  21. I have a perfectly happy old age on the money I have, quite frankly I don't know how so many foreigners spend so much money in Thailand.
  1. Load more activity