All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have had one of two different results when renewing extension. Some times regardless of when 90 day is due I have been given an updated 90 day form in passport along with new extension. Other times I have only received the extension and the 90 day is ignored . If exiting and returning with re entry permit any previous possibly convenient coincidental dates get disrupted anyway by a restart of report span so I have formed to habit of making no assumptions with Immigration stamps and outcome for anything.
  3. that place has gone downhill, as I said already I reported online the day it was due and was rejected, reporting in person is no longer a simple task, copies of passport - current extension - arrival stamp - photo page - TM 47 filled in and then a wait of 1hr, you can no longer go to the desk with just your passport and 10min wait, a load of useless copies when all the info is already on their system, what a ## mess Chonburi
  4. When facts stand in the way of a narrative, always good to break out paid fact checkers to run off on a tangent and using such vague terms as "due in part" right after admitting the truth "Although deaths from these disasters have decreased".
  5. When he testifies himself, he can respond to questions, like any other defendant. In the meantime, he has hired lawyers to speak for him.
  6. Indeed. I have experienced a few incidents around the lake and Darkside with these children in adult bodies, so I am aware and careful in my actions. There's a lot of complete nutcases out there on Thai roads and especially in Pattaya and on the Darkside. Last incident was a pick-up aggressively and dangerously driving on my back wheel while I am riding my big bike, then aggressively trying to follow me when I overtook other traffic to try to get away from them. They then drove extremely dangerously and overtaking in dangerous areas, on bends and into oncoming traffic. This was completely unprovoked, and I just accelerated away from them. Luckily my big bike has plenty of power and I was easily able to put some distance between me and this total nutter.
  7. You should know by now anyone who defends faux will only answer questions in any or all of the following: (D) eny (I) gnore (L) ie (D) eflect (O) bfuscate Accepting truth would mean they would have to admit they were wrong, and heaven forbid THAT should ever happen!
  8. To be fair, he'd have a case for getting at least one courthouse and a prison cell named after him in return.
  9. Dude Im right there with you in your totally useless full and best life, except the ladyboy part and Im a "day person" except when Im in Bangkok. I get up and wake a bake to a carefully brewed cup of Mondulkiri Arabica Coffee and (today) a few rips of Nuken. Turn on the USA evening news, read the various news feed, check the forums, usually reup my buzz every hour or so (I use a one-hitter). Have a home made English muffin with Frencg Butter, finish coffee, head to the pool, float around, sit in the pool and smoke, then make lunch, smoke some more, diddle a backpacker or <deleted>, make dinner, more pool, more weed, perhaps a chicken shack tour just mto find the unicorn that will Yamyam, or just gobble some fab gelato, then early to bed unless Man U is playing the 2am match, to repeat the next morning with the addition of watering the Orchids and smoking weed at Angkor, or jump on a bus to Bangkok amd blow spooge all over lusty Thai girls till 4am and taxi back home (or act like an adult and get a room). My hero is Marcel Proust, without the effort of writing and with the addition of Da Herb. My favorite words are languid, stoned, nap, gorge and snack. I dont shave and my hair hasnt been cut in two years. I wear nothing but gym shorts 90% of the time. I have no worries about money or health (knock on wood). I have no wife or girlfriend. My kid has more money then me. My biggest stressor is what to order off Foodpanda and my biggest bitch is the impossibility in getting Khmer girls to nibble my engorged Schpargel of Desire, necessitating me to jump on a plane or cab or bus and travel for a total of like 6 hours in order to wallow like the loathesome filthy pig I am (hetero only) in the fleshpots and sewers of Bangkok. I have a King Size bed to myself and can sleep sideways and fart all night. My laundry gets done for me. My house gets cleaned for me. People carry my groceries. I do nothing but indulge myself. Its all about me. Me, me, me, me mememememememeeeeeeeeeeeee!. In the end, the world will spin very nicely without me, so Im gonna ride this Biatch till I fall off and end up as a soup of quarks floating around Uranus.
  10. Live by the polls, die by the polls. As for Truth Social, how much have you lost? Trump hasn't made a dime off his Truth Social stock yet.
  11. Now you can really see what happened, scroll through until 3 minutes 50 seconds, up close... 😱
  12. I'm really not too far, and just 160+/- kms S of you, depending if you're on top or below the park. Live in Ban Thung Khlet area, Amphur Muang, PKK. On topic ... as always. Temp 34, feels like 46 already. Means people running their ACs and big electric bills, if wanting to be comfy in their retirement.
  13. That's a perfect example of what bewilders non Americans. People who've drank the kool-aid
  14. Does the police clearance keep the shady farang out? something Thailand needs
  15. Also if anyone who is literate on this can explain how "digital money creates a multiplier effect" I would love to hear that explaination
  16. a. I am fortunate to have a house and a landlord that allowed me to install ACs of my choice, at my expense. Even during the hottest nights, I can lower the temp in the bedroom to 18 degrees C. (And, I can keep the small house of mine plenty cool in the daytime using just two ACS with a total of 4200BTU of cooling capacity.) c. However, I do recall once living in a suite in a guest house, on the top floor, for one hot season. Exposure to constant hot temps for over a week can result in heat injury and brain anomalies, confusion, and even death. Obviously, I did not die. But, that was not a pleasant experience. One or two days of high heat seems to be less stress-causing than consistently high heat for extended periods of a week or more, and this might be due to the body core never being cooled down periodically. d. So, yes, even though the heat of Thailand is something that the local population has been used to for decades and centuries, up to now, the coming decades will be hotter than Thailand's population has ever known in the past. e. Just how much the elderly and young among the Thai population is at risk from heat injury seems to be a known unknown. Maybe what is needed is better planning for coming years. Insulation should be considered, and color choice for roofs, and other passive cooling strategies. 37 degrees C is not that uncomfortable for Thai people who have grown up in this heat. But, 43 degrees C for a month?
  17. All about money, as I stated. It really isn't cheap here when you have a family- medical especially. Ideally, we'd also like to settle somewhere else like the UK if possible but can't sell up at the moment without taking a hefty loss. It's different if you are single, already draw a pension, etc. Life isn't a picnic for most families at the moment.
  18. The USA isn't the greatest country. If Trump disappeared our country can work at being great again. And perhaps people would stop using childish terms. And using them improperly.
  19. Wife bought an electric scooter. Rides it around the village The end.
  20. I understand that part. He has to be present but is not allowed to say or so what he wants to. So, the best way for him to spend that time it to sleep.
  21. And quite honestly other than those with their snouts in the trough how many Thai's travel to Russia, Europe etc etc
  1. Load more activity