BANGKOK 22 May 2019 11:49

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I did the same thing when I moved to Thailand from USA. It's amazing how many things you cling to that you don't really need. It was such a liberating feeling to arrive here with only what I actually needed and nothing else.
  3. Its enough to give you the shits.. Talk about taking the piss. Bangkok Pattaya charge 20k a night private room, before they even put a band aid on you.
  4. I just like to have holidays there every 90 days (non 'o' VISA) when my Thai VISA expires. So just the 2 weeks my VISA waiver allows.
  5. Have you tried going to settings and checking for a system update?
  6. BMW X1 = big car owner? Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  7. Thanks to both of you guys; you're making me feel real optimistic about making the move!
  8. Let's see what water pressure can do and how long these sandbags will hold.
  9. Oh Lordy............Your the same guy who said......... In another topic when it was pointed out a digi nomad was breaking the law by being with expired visa https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1101016-need-advice-starve-to-death-on-the-street-or-go-to-jail/?do=findComment&comment=14152962 I guess you swing roll both ways
  10. Thank you Jay. Looks like a more expensive alternative.
  11. I would suggest that you invest in a bullet proof vest. Just in case.... Rooster
  12. Clever idea Are you planning to stay long term and getting a long-term visa? Just curious because it sounds so easy to get a one-year visa, even a Business visa. That's the real attraction for me because even though I have a "retirement" visa, I am actually self-employed working online only with USA clients and I'm just getting sick and tired of playing this stupid "stay under the radar" game with IMM.
  13. With world climate changing to ever higher temperatures, a nuclear winter could be what's needed!
  14. I second the Vietjet suggestion based on experience...VERY cheap flights, and extra baggage fees.
  15. Be warned! Some humor from Guanajuato, central colonial Mexico. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  16. Jomtien's Black Sea: Sticking a plaster on a gaping wound! Picture: Manager Onlne A picture on the Manager site showed what the authorities had done so far to stop more repulsive black sludge from flowing into the sea. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102111-jomtiens-black-sea-sticking-a-plaster-on-a-gaping-wound/
  17. something we have been living with for 100 years. yawn. now let's talk about how "normal", or not so normal, the baby El Nino of 2019 has been. for those of us who have spent time to really learn about this, that it is way more than just a simple physics thing because it involves people. thermonuclear war pales in risk, as well as the outcome. hurry up with that better border wall.
  18. If this or any country's future depended on politicians the game would of been over a long time ago, you just have to look at the U.K. or the U.S. to see that...
  19. Jomtien's Black Sea: Sticking a plaster on a gaping wound! Picture: Manager Onlne A picture on the Manager site showed what the authorities had done so far to stop more repulsive black sludge from flowing into the sea. Sandbags blocking a drain. It amounted to sticking a plaster on a gaping wound, notes Thaivisa. The authorities admitted there was much to be done to find a permanent solution to the problem that saw damning videos and still photography all over social media. The Jomtien area was a black sea of sludge - a very unwelcome sight for any tourist considering holidaying in the area. While an initial clean up has been done - and the hole has been plugged for now - the authorities in Jomtien and the wider area of Pattaya are wondering what exactly to do next. It could be months before anything happens with millions needing to be spent. Thaivisa further notes that the story is beset with recriminations and all manner of plans to rectify the situation. Effluent and trash flowing directly into the sea has been the subject of continuing complaints in the area for years. Source: Manager Online -- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-22 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  20. I recall when the HISO ladies flaunted the stolen jewelry and refused to return it to the Saudis and most of that returned was Thai fakes. The Saudis did retaliate by stopping all Thai new hires but allowed those working to continue to the end of their contract. Hurt the Thai laborers but that has never been the concern of the Thai government, particularly the snotfaced HISOs and their limp wrist husbands who could not get them to return the jewelry despite embarrassing the Thai Country.
  21. Same problem when we lived outside the city in a village, and even now, in a moo baan on the outskirts of the city. I put in one of those large cylinder filters like the one in photo below, on the right. Placed between the tank discharge and the house pump suction side. It has sand, gravel and charcoal inside. About 9,000 installed (a few years ago), then about 2,700 for them to come once a year and change the filter materials. It does the job, water in the house "looks" good, no bits or tinting but we still don't consume or cook with it. We don't even rinse with it after brushing teeth. Bottled. Mine has a maintenance lever on top to back flush the canister, which I do every now and then.
  22. Another post claiming that Trump can launch a nuclear strike just because. Sad, really, that anyone would think that is possible. Anyway, it doesn't matter because we'll all be dead of climate change soon, according to those that claim we'll all die if we don't pay more taxes to spend on more international conferences that tell us that we are all going to die of climate change ( sarcasm alert for the humour devoid ):-)
  23. With Mike and me helping, you can get all 3 bikes over in one 'cycling trip'. Under 4k/bike ............ you know you want to keep them all.
  24. The UK didn't give anything away after WW2. US post war planning included holding the UK to its war debt to hobble the UK economy and hasten the end of empire and commonwealth. It worked. And now those who hark back to Empire and dream of Empire2 believe the US will offer the trade deals the UK hopes for post Brexit.
  1. Load more activity