All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. what about a paying bus from the airport to the city, at an affordable price or do the taxi maffia burn those at first sign
  3. Clealy you dont. Give me a holler, bless your heart, the next time your crappy little country needs our help to keep you from speaking German, Chinese or Russian
  4. NB. Make sure to use natural or unbleached coffee filter papers, not the standard white ones, otherwise you'll affect the taste.
  5. ".............. five members of a Russian gang have been apprehended for the kidnapping and extortion of a Belarusian couple in Phuket" "Oh, those Russians!" ("Rasputin" - Boney M)The Government wanted them, now they've got them - warts and all!!!
  6. https://time.com/2910484/thai-coup-planned-2010-suthep-thaugsuban/ Anecdotal, backed up by nothing empirical. She was removed by the Constitutional Court and that is factual, regardless of what spin you want to put on it.
  7. yikes is that available for anybody to just go up and jump into it or even put poison or whatever and the friends or family could not deduct, he did not come down, where could he be...
  8. AFAIK the US is doing very well for itself in that field, whereas those nations who bought Russian armaments are having considerable buyer's remorse.
  9. Agree with your comments SM007, and early on in the piece here, I thought it was a good place to be, what with plenty of nightlife and entertainment, roads free of traffic, although they weren't always in a good state of repair I have to admit, and drainage problems that seemed to be fixed, until they weren't, but overall, good and livable. If I hadn't put down roots here in Patong, with quite a few friends, a few acquaintances, and my daughter now staying close by, then I would seriously think about moving, but to where, I'm not sure, because a lot of Phuket is suffering the same malaise, and as others have said, it's only going to get worse – – so my choice is to see out my remaining years here and put up with it, or move elsewhere which would be a major pain in the proverbial; between a rock and a hard place, as the saying goes!
  10. The royal family costs the UK almost £1 million per day. That's money that could be used to better the lives of the people of the country. The posts from some individuals absolutely reek of hatred and venom, especially towards his wife. That you haven't noticed it is not an indication of it not existing.
  11. Hello, Does anyone know the paperwork to obtain a yellow book at Banglamung City Hall ? Thanks .
  12. Do you agree with the Police officers actions or was he just a bad apple ? You are agreeing with the Police officers behaviour and saying that the Jew should be removed from the streets and also saying that this one police officers actions isn't indictive of the Police service as a whole , as he's just one bad apple . Do you agree with the Police removing the Jew from the streets or not ?
  13. Well I can start the digression by asking if you realisticly beleive that Putin is an actual danger of "winning" against Nato, considering he will be fighting in the Ukraine until he dies, US aid or not.
  14. The Thai government / Thai tourist agency won't be losing sleep of the decline of Brit tourists or Expats There are plenty of Russian and Chinese arriving buying up the property plus businesses ect Reading the news lately with Brits no money on drugs maybe its a good thing there are less of them coming 😱
  15. Unfortunately I do know a lot of Americans. Pity you have such a ridiculously silly attitude. I assume if you are American you are of the hill billy genre.
  16. A transgender village head and her boyfriend so 2 men or is there a woke police ?
  17. Its Friday. Another dude who doesnt know any Americans.
  18. You are totally absorbed in the 'tax guide' as if it is some sort of a Bible or Koran, and anyone arguing with anything in it, is a heretic. YOU decided to create the tax guide - YOU believed it would become some font of all knowledge related to income taxes in Thailand - YOU became more and more beligerant when some prople (heretics) like myself refused to back down - YOU have not failed, because it was an almost impossiblke task that noone could have done. I do not want a 'tax guide' and never have and never will. What I objected to and always will, is if someone makes statements/opinions that are IMO wrong - and that includes other members besides yourself too. There are several issues in the tax guide that IMO are wrong, but my main complaints have been about all the various 'advices' you have given in direct answers to people - all based upon what is in your tax guide. The Koran was written over a period of 23 years by Mohammad and a few of his close advisers, based upon guidance revealed by God. The King James Bible was written over a period of 7 years by 47 religious scholars and experts, distilling down all the previous versions written by The Disciples as translated into various conflicting versions. IMO trying to create an all encompasing tax guide (Bible) for Expats in Thailand was a false task that was impossible to achieve - particularly given that TRD (God) has not yet revealed a lot of the details and explanations related to its implementation. And no, just because I have called out the inconsistencies and errors and conflicts in the Bible/Koran, does not mean that I want to rewrite either of them. I never wanted the tax guide written by a lay person - only by Thai taxation expert/s, after TRD has revealed much more information and guidance as to how they will implement the changed rules.
  19. Who controlled the Constitutional Court? That's like saying the judges who sentence people to death in Iran for being gay or blasphemy are independent. B0llocks, that's a fatuous analogy.
  20. what about mr plastic bag over the head cop, don't they get 10% finders (lol) fee ? or is that only for drug dealers and plastic bag handlers?
  21. Those who learn what's profitable from history, will repeat it. The theory (spin) was ... bombs are made to prevent wars. The reality ... wars are made to sell bombs. People dying is simply part of the profit making.
  22. What about all the protestors who aren’t Muslim? Or have you just said the quiet bit out loud?! Maybe stick to the events under discussion, refrain from imagining scenarios that haven’t taken place and in doing so keep your ‘other issues’ under your hat.
  23. It's a constitutional crisis. The power to legislate (pass, amend and revoke laws of the nation) is actually granted specifically by the constitution under the clauses in the constitution whereby the sovereignty of the nation belongs to the Thai people. Not to any one person. This means no one person is above the law except for which one might be expressly given under a constitution and actual practice. A somewhat relatable example can be found in "How the Queen's constitutional role shifted over her reign," by Vernon Bogdanor, Sept. 9, 2022 https://theguardian.com/uk-news/
  24. No sympathy from me! Sure, I smoked a bit of weed in my youger days, and dtook a few "uppers and downers"but nobody "pressured me", and nobody forced him to stick a needle in his arm or get addicted to his particular "need". Some people should learn how to say "No!" in the first place - they know the risks. And all these excuses for crimes "I only did it 'cos I was on drugs your honour - I need help, not prison" - Wallocks!
  25. if you want to tackle pollution from plastic... more 1 baht water dispending machines, but checked by officials (lol)... if you buy 2 bottles a day of whatever.. that is 700+ per person per year... strange I never saw one in a mall
  1. Load more activity