BANGKOK 26 May 2019 06:42

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Świeże ziemniaki Świeża Cebula Uzbekistanu Świeża Kapusta whatsapp....+447459818273 Mamy świeże produkty rolne gotowe do eksportu, skontaktuj się z nami, aby uzyskać szczegółowe informacje, jeśli są zainteresowane: WhatsApp....+447459818273
  3. Where in the West have you chosen? After nearly 30 years (crikey, that's half my life) in the Far East (not just Thailand) I don't think I could return to the UK and fit in, too much has changed (as have I).
  4. Yoga teacher found alive after 17 days lost in Hawaii forest Amanda Eller, a Hawaiian yoga teacher who went missing in early May, was found alive after getting lost on a popular hiking trail. Conway G. Gittens reports. (Reuters) - Rescuers in Hawaii have found a yoga instructor who went missing for 17 days while hiking in a forest reserve and survived by drinking from streams and eating plants. Amanda Eller, 35, went hiking in Maui's Makawao Forest Reserve on May 8 but became lost when she walked deeper in the reserve, which covers more than 2,000 acres, instead of heading back to her car as she believed. Rescuers in a helicopter hired by her family spotted Eller on Friday afternoon in a ravine by a waterfall, miles from her vehicle. "Sure enough, God willing, she was right there," Javier Canetellops, a search coordinator who was in the helicopter, told reporters. "Unbelievable." Eller, who also works as a physical therapist, was malnourished, shoe-less, and had a broken leg and torn meniscus in her knee, as well as sunburn and scrapes. She was airlifted to a hospital and expected to make a full recovery. Friends had launched a "Find Amanda" campaign on Facebook, and just an hour before she was rescued they offered a $50,000 reward for information. Volunteers spent days scouring the thick forest around the trailhead where she parked. "Elated. Excited. Ecstatic," Eller's mother, Julia, told NBC News affiliate KHNL in Honolulu. "I can't even put it into words I'm so incredibly grateful." (Reporting by Daniel Wallis; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall) -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-05-26 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  5. If pot-heads weren’t so sad, I’d say the “medicinal” marijuana farce is hilarious. Go by one of the “clinics” and look at the “doctors” selling prescriptions and the “patients” buying and it will show you every thing you need to know about it.
  6. Promising jobs and justice, Ramaphosa sworn in as South Africa's president By Nqobile Dludla Cyril Ramaphosa takes the oath of office at his inauguation as South African president, at Loftus Versfeld stadium in Pretoria, South Africa May 25, 2019. REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko PRETORIA (Reuters) - Trade unionist-turned-businessman Cyril Ramaphosa was sworn in as South Africa's president on Saturday, vowing to create jobs and tackle deep-rooted corruption that has strangled economic growth. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102838-promising-jobs-and-justice-ramaphosa-sworn-in-as-south-africas-president/
  7. Promising jobs and justice, Ramaphosa sworn in as South Africa's president By Nqobile Dludla Cyril Ramaphosa takes the oath of office at his inauguation as South African president, at Loftus Versfeld stadium in Pretoria, South Africa May 25, 2019. REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko PRETORIA (Reuters) - Trade unionist-turned-businessman Cyril Ramaphosa was sworn in as South Africa's president on Saturday, vowing to create jobs and tackle deep-rooted corruption that has strangled economic growth. Ramaphosa, who becomes the country's fourth democratically elected president since the end of apartheid, took the presidential oath before a crowd of about 32,000 people in a rugby stadium in the capital, Pretoria. "Today our nation enters a new era of hope and renewal," said Ramaphosa, 66, wearing a dark suit and flanked by foreign leaders including Congolese President Felix Tshisekedi and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang. "Let us forge a compact for growth and economic opportunities, for productive land and wider opportunities ... A compact of an efficient, capable and ethical state. A state that is free from corruption," said Ramaphosa, a former anti-apartheid activist and trade union leader who has wide-ranging business interests. Ramaphosa's African National Congress (ANC) clinched a 57.5% majority in a general election earlier in May, down from 62% in 2014 as voters turned against the ruling party due to revelations about government corruption and record unemployment. Ramaphosa narrowly won the ANC leadership race in late 2017 and replaced scandal-plagued predecessor Jacob Zuma as state president in February 2018, a year before the latter's term was due to expire. Since then he has struggled to mend factions in the party opposed to his reform plans, especially at cash-strapped state power supplier Eskom. His promises to punish party members accused of corruption have also stuttered. The challenges facing Ramaphosa were highlighted on Friday by the resignation of Eskom's chief executive, who quit only a year since he was appointed to stabilise the utility and keep the lights on after nationwide blackouts. Also on Friday, S&P Global Ratings kept South Africa's credit rating unchanged one notch below investment grade. The economy is set for a first quarter contraction after mining and manufacturing weakened, prompting the central bank to cut its 2019 growth forecast to 1%, well below the rate of at least 3% needed to bring down debt, budget deficits and joblessness. "The challenges our country faces are huge and are real but they are not insurmountable. They can be solved and I stand here to say they are going to be solved," Ramaphosa said in his speech on Saturday. Many in the crowd at Pretoria's packed Loftus stadium were optimistic. "I love my president Cyril Ramaphosa. I know that as long as we have him here he is going to give us jobs and change many things," said Patience Shabangu, 45, a volunteer at a local clinic. Political analysts say a key test of Ramaphosa's ability to deliver reforms will be his announcement of new cabinet, which is expected to take place next week. "The speech was an honest and brutal reflection of South Africa's recent problems. But it was also optimistic," said Daniel Silke, director of the Political Futures Consultancy. "He will be judged on a very high bar and the next step is the cabinet. If it contains any semblance of the dead wood from the past he will be severely critiqued," Silke added. (Writing by Mfuneko Toyana; Editing by Helen Popper) -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-05-26 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  8. These kinds of loans are a bad risk...likely the irresponsible financial behavior will not change...
  9. The opposition are the Thai people but unfortunately they don't have a single seat In the senate
  10. Pattaya has a definite smell about it now...may be from soiled unclean crotches...
  11. Not really improvements are they?... its urbanisation due to the explosion in industry and population that is imminent. At present it appears some businesses are moving in in anticipation of the large increase in foreign mangers expected as well as a general increase in the labour population and house building. Whereas mega infrastructure maybe in place one wonders at the capacity of local systems to cope.
  12. I could have saved them the trouble and told them that. Wow, who did the study on this and figured it would work -- in country where even the rich have a poverty mentality and try to haggle and save every Baht they can. People in Chinese derivative countries like Thailand spend money as frugally as possible and make exceptions only where the perceived value is undeniable and/or where they are able to gain big FACE. Driving a Benz is not the same as using one for a taxi service.
  13. A Living Apart Together relationship may be a solution in case of boredom/monotony.
  14. " The Democrat party has still not decided which side they would join but a source said: “If any bloc votes for Khun Chuan, you will know whom we will join [to form government].” I guess if more than one bloc votes for Chuan the dems will be completely flummoxed.
  15. The yachting life for Thais By Jintana Panyaarvudh The Nation Weekend Singapore A general view of Princess Y85 The beauty of these boats in that friends and family can enjoy complete privacy as they cruise Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102837-the-yachting-life-for-thais/
  16. I think you're overthinking this - I do the same. This doesn't really make any sense. I mean the timing, not the method. Just file a TM30 in the period between your most recent return and your ext stay application. Personally, I plan to file a TM30 (online probably, maybe in person) after my most recent return occurring prior to my ext stay/ret application. I feel no need to report before then, and there is no TM30 on file for me. I know some folks who did ext stay/ret this week at Div. 1/CW. One was registered (online by condo manager), the other had to pass the TM30 desk, other than some extra time no problem, no fine, 15 min for him (first in queue at B counter) he had lease, blue book, Thai landlords ID all signed. Got a receipt, bottom-most part of paper TM30.
  17. The yachting life for Thais By Jintana Panyaarvudh The Nation Weekend Singapore A general view of Princess Y85 The beauty of these boats in that friends and family can enjoy complete privacy as they cruise THE YACHTING lifestyle has become increasingly popular in the region, with more people wanting to fulfil their dreams of tranquil and private cruises among idyllic islands with friends and family. Vrit Yongsakul, managing director of Boat Lagoon Yachting, has led the growth of Thailand’s biggest yacht importer-distributor for 13 years, and he’s seeing interest in the lifestyle surge, especially in Thailand. It’s largely driven by the appeal of absolute privacy, he says. “You feel more free,” Vrit says. “Luxury yachts can take their owners anywhere they wish to go and at any time. And the owners have many destinations to choose from, so it never gets boring.” Modern yachts are also designed with such a high level of comfort that they’re akin to luxury condominiums, says Vrit, who introduced a range of new British yachts in Singapore last week. “It’s like taking your own condominium with you, complete with a comfortable living room and kitchen and elegant bedrooms.” Vrit Yongsakul, managing director of Boat Lagoon Yachting, presents the upper deck of the yacht Princess Y85. Yachting is a sociable pastime. Friends and family might take several yachts out together, cruising to islands much as the owners of luxury sports cars and motorcycles organise group outings on weekends. It all serves to cement long-lasting friendships, Vrit says. Yacht owners obviously don’t have to worry about money. They had previously been concerned about how often the yacht was used and how best to maintain it, and whether friends were available to join them on a cruise, says Vrit. His customers these days are more sophisticated and have more knowledge about yachting, and they can differentiate among various models, he says. They might even consider the financial status of the manufacturer when deciding to buy a boat because they might want to upgrade later. Customers make the decision to buy faster than in the past because they have more confidence in after-sales service, says Vrit. Distributors typically place an order with the boat builder once a customer decides to buy. There can be a wait or one year to one and a half years for delivery. Prospective customers can make their choice among models by taking a “test run” on one of the yachts Vrit has in stock, and he’ll also accommodate them if they want to buy right away. “Many of our customers are financially ready to buy and they don’t want to wait – they want to get it right away,” he says. Vrit’s long experience has taught him what his customers like and expect, and the boats he’s imported meet their demands, so they sell quickly. His company’s sales have grown 10-15 per cent annually over the past 10 years. It sells about 40 yachts a year at prices ranging from Bt40 million-Bt900 million. Vrit says his company has a great record of customers remaining loyal. First-time buyers often come back quickly to either upgrade their yachts or buy additional boats. What Vrit was showing in Singapore last week was three new models of the Princess Yacht, the world’s most popular choice and built by a well-known British boatyard. The range, including entry-level super yachts and sport yachts, were being shown for the first time in Asia at One 15 Marina Sentosa Cove. Visitors got to admire a Princess Y85, Princess F45 and Princess R35, together worth Bt450 million. One was sold beforehand and two people expressed interest in the Princess Y85, alone worth Bt300 million. The Princess Y85 is regarded as the pinnacle of the Motor Yacht class, offering elegant luxury living, lots of space, and great performance. Vrit Yongsakul, managing director of Boat Lagoon Yachting, leads a tour of cabins inside the yacht Princess Y85. The Princess F45 is the class-leading compact flybridge yacht, optimised for on-deck living. It’s designed for maxim space, efficiency and flexibility. The Princess R35 is described as a sports yacht of revolutionary performance, optimised for speed with a groundbreaking “sports car” air-intake system and hydrodynamics, exhilarating rides guaranteed. These three models are among 15 yachts worth Bt1 billion in total that Vrit is importing from the British manufacturer this year. Established 25 years ago, Boat Lagoon Yachting represents world-class brands including Princess, Jeanneau, Prestige, SACS and Burgess, with an exclusive dealership that covers Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Maldives. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/lifestyle/30369959 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-26 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  18. Healthcare in west is far superior in most cases... After that, you have a tale of two cultures...one vibrant, exciting, variety, food, shopping, entertainment second to none...money goes farther...inexpensive housing and transportation...easy to immerse one's self in new experiences. The other stoic institutions, crumbling and decaying infrastructure, processed foods abound, shopping mall closures and expensive housing and transportation...people form into cliques according to religion and often color... So there you have it...the choice is yours...where do you feel most comfortable?
  19. That was an enjoyable read, Rooster. So true about Malaysia. Lucky you survived the drunk and randy cop, sounds like it could have gone either way. The farang smile saved you! I remember a very drunk cop in Bang Paeng up on the Mekong, just firing an automatic he had into the air. Like others, I beat a hasty retreat.
  20. Here's a little mental exercise.... Imagine her in a bar "back home", mingling with the ladies you'd typically get to select from. Thailand ruins guys for ever chasing skirts back home. Edit: BTW, it would be different if you could pop the top off a beer bottle on her Adams apple...
  21. Update: No evidence of dangerous chemicals at port blaze site By The Nation Preliminary investigations have not found any toxic chemicals at Laem Chabang Port, which suffered a disruption due to a fire on Saturday morning, the director of Thailand Port Authority, Kamolsak Phromprayoon, said. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102836-update-no-evidence-of-dangerous-chemicals-at-port-blaze-site/
  22. Update: No evidence of dangerous chemicals at port blaze site By The Nation Preliminary investigations have not found any toxic chemicals at Laem Chabang Port, which suffered a disruption due to a fire on Saturday morning, the director of Thailand Port Authority, Kamolsak Phromprayoon, said. The KMTC Hong Kong, registered as a South Korean ship, caught fire in the early hours of Saturday at the port in the Sri Racha district of Chon Buri province. It had unloaded more than 400 containers of goods but a fire broke out when 35 containers still remained on board. Some of the containers were scheduled to be delivered to Vietnam and to the port in Samut Prakan province, close to Bangkok. Locals living in the vicinity were evacuated and at least 25 port workers were injured. Meanwhile, Yutana Phoolpipat, the director of Customs Department Office at Laem Chabang Port in eastern coastal Thailand, said some chemical goods were responsible for the fire. The department, however, said those goods were neither smuggled into the country nor were falsely declared, he said . Officials would inspect the goods in those containers and find out the cause of the fire, he added. Laem Chabang Municipality officials have set up a support centre for affected people who want to file complaints and seek compensation. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30369989 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-26 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  23. Go to the top and hit the landowners with massive fines, that will soon trickle down through the ranks.
  24. Chuan elected speaker of lower house on dramatic day By The Nation Former prime minister Chuan Leekpai walks through a group of MPs after being elected as House Speaker on the first day of the Lower House meeting on Saturday.//Rachanon Intharagsa Democrat patriarch and party-list MP Chuan Leekpai was elected the speaker of the House of Representatives on Saturday, after much wrangling between the pro- and anti-junta blocs. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102835-chuan-elected-speaker-of-lower-house-on-dramatic-day/
  1. Load more activity