All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Pheu Thai Digital Wallet Project Endorsed By All Coalition Partners By Thai Newsroom Reporters Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin talking to reporter, Apr. 23, 2024. Photo: Thai Rath THE PHEU THAI-INITIATED populist handout campaign, known as the 10,000-baht digital wallet project, today (Apr. 23) secured solid support from all coalition partners. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325758-pheu-thai-digital-wallet-project-endorsed-by-all-coalition-partners/
  3. THE PHEU THAI-INITIATED populist handout campaign, known as the 10,000-baht digital wallet project, today (Apr. 23) secured solid support from all coalition partners. In a press conference at Government House, Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin confirmed all coalition partners, namely the Bhumjaithai, Palang Pracharath, Ruam Thai Sang Chart, Prachachart and Chart Thai Pattana, have lent their unfaltering support for the Pheu Thai handout campaign, scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of this year. Nevertheless, the cabinet today resolved to have the Council of State determine as to whether a sum of 172.3 billion baht could be legally provided from the Bank for Agriculture & Agricultural Cooperatives for the delayed digital wallet project calculated to need a total of 500 billion baht in funding. By Thai Newsroom Reporters TOP: Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin talking to reporter, Apr. 23, 2024. Photo: Thai Rath Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  4. saly you are a "one quote wonder" THe west loves stories of impending doom in China and point to the autocratic nature of the country - there is a lot of ttruth in this but they are barking up the wrong tree - autocratic or not China is in a far better position than the west - with there own idiots like Trump Brexit and the right - it isn't a military problem - before the west knows it China will be the dominant power in most of Asia - the only opposition is India.
  5. THe concern is the ever increasing Chinese influence over countries in the region. THe west has made no effort whatsoever to increase there influence - even expats ar moaning that they aren't being treate fairly. It's hard to see what the West has to offer, but in the end the influence of the west is seriously on the wane, and nothing to do with military it's just the wet will have yto get used that they are now the "third world" - in the original sense. - an irrelevence.
  6. Thai Cabinet Approves Visa Exemption for Russian Tourists, But Changed from 90 Days to 60 By Adam Judd Thailand-In a move to boost tourism and economic growth, the Thai cabinet has announced an extension of the visa-free scheme for Russian visitors. Starting May 1st, Russians can enjoy a 60-day visa exemption, but this is shorter than before, replacing the previous 90-day programme set to conclude at April’s end. This strategic decision aims to enhance tourism revenue and invigorate the national economy, as articulated by government spokesman Chai Wacharonke. The initiative, proposed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reflects the government’s commitment to fostering international relations and tourism, according to Chai. Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  7. Thailand offers visa-free travel to Russian visitors for 3 months by Petch Petpailin Photo via Facebook/ เศรษฐา ทวีสิน - Srettha Thavisin Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin today announced that Thailand is offering a visa-free scheme to Russian visitors for three months from May 1 to July 31. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325757-thailand-offers-visa-free-travel-to-russian-visitors-for-3-months/
  8. I know people ,family and included, that would not holiday in Thailand a second time as they like wine and imported wine is a scandalous price due to tax..
  9. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin today announced that Thailand is offering a visa-free scheme to Russian visitors for three months from May 1 to July 31. PM Srettha held a press conference at Government House at 11.50am, today, April 23, following a Cabinet meeting earlier in the day. In a part of his speech, the 62 year old Thai PM mentioned that the Cabinet agreed to offer visa-free travel to government officials from Bangladesh while also approving visa-free travel for Russian nationals. The PM explained that Russian visitors would be allowed to enter Thailand and stay for 60 days without the need to apply for a visa. This special measure will come into effect for three months, from May 1 to July 31, according to a report on PPTV HD. This measure will replace the former visa-free arrangement, which expires at the end of this month. Under the previous arrangement, Russian citizens were permitted to enter Thailand and stay for 90 days from November 1 of last year to April 30 of this year. While Thailand prepares to extend a visa-free plan for Russian nationals, MRG Online reported last month that Sri Lanka had cancelled its visa exemption plan for both Russian and Ukrainian nationals due to racism. This decision followed an incident at a nightclub called The Sarayka Lounge, where locals were banned from entering with a sign that read “Face Control: White.” Thai people, especially in Phuket, previously expressed concerns about the behaviour of Russian nationals on social media. They accused Russians of taking their jobs by illegally working and operating businesses. Several crimes committed by Russian nationals have also made headlines in Thai news outlets. According to a report from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, more than 9.9 million foreign visitors entered Thailand between January 1 and April 7, generating over 480 billion baht in income for the country. Russian nationals ranked among the top three foreign visitors with 661,000 people entering during the period. The other two top countries were China (1.8 million people) and Malaysia (1.2 million people). Thailand began implementing a visa-free scheme for visitors from China and Kazakhstan last year. The country then reached a mutual visa-free agreement with China to allow residents from both countries to travel and stay for 30 days without visas, starting from March 1 onwards. by Petch Petpailin Photo via Facebook/ เศรษฐา ทวีสิน - Srettha Thavisin Full story: The Thaiger 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  10. So all the dangerous batteries heated up and up she went for songkran
  11. Could have been worse ! Had a United shirt on and claimed to be George best daughter
  12. Big Joke drops case against the PM as his nameplate and photo have been removed at Royal Thai Police HQ by James Morris and Son Nguyen Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, on Tuesday, refused to discuss the Big Joke case. It comes as the former top cop withdrew a complaint against the PM made on Monday, less than 24 hours later, on Tuesday morning. Meanwhile, the former policeman’s nameplate was removed and his office locked at Police Headquarters. He was, furthermore, removed from the Royal Thai Police website. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325756-big-joke-drops-case-against-the-pm-as-his-nameplate-photo-have-been-removed-at-police-hq/
  13. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, on Tuesday, refused to discuss the Big Joke case. It comes as the former top cop withdrew a complaint against the PM made on Monday, less than 24 hours later, on Tuesday morning. Meanwhile, the former policeman’s nameplate was removed and his office locked at Police Headquarters. He was, furthermore, removed from the Royal Thai Police website. Big Joke drops case against PM. His nameplate and photo were removed at Royal Thai Police HQ. The National Anti-Corruption Commission, however, confirms an ongoing investigation into the PM. Big Joke’s era ends as his nameplate vanishes and website photos are moved. Surachate inexplicably withdraws his malfeasance charges against the PM. On Tuesday, the Secretary-general of the anti-corruption agency revealed that General Surachate Hakparn had withdrawn his malfeasance report against Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin. The top official however explained that substantial allegations made by General Surachate relating to his removal from the police force remain. At the same time, he further explained that the Prime Minister is already being investigated over the affair. It followed a complaint from the former police chief, party leader and MP, General Sereepisuth Temeeyaves. Additionally on Tuesday, in what appears like a death knell for General Surachate’s future as a policeman, it was made known his nameplate was removed from his former office at Royal Thai Police headquarters. Simultaneously his name and photo were removed from the police website. On Tuesday, in another twist in the ongoing Big Joke saga, the Secretary-General of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), Niwatchai Kasemmongkol, told reporters that General Surachate Hakparn had withdrawn the complaint against the prime minister. by James Morris and Son Nguyen Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  14. Crikey, 25yo and 15 Stone, she's a little tubby, hate to see her in 10 years.
  15. to continue: Thailand Live Wednesday 24 April 2024 https://aseannow.com/topic/1325754-thailand-live-wednesday-april-2024/
  16. I see some contradiction here. 1. money stuck in Thailand 2. Money has left my Thai account If the money is no longer in your Thai account, where exactly is it stuck in Thailand?
  17. It looks like it commemorated something and that image looks like Rama 9 as a young man to me so any info much appreciated.
  18. A Thai couple took to social media to issue a warning, alleging that a foreign man attempted to scam them by selling a fake luxury watch. The couple claim that the man allegedly bought the watch for 59,000 baht but offered it to them for just 6,000 baht. Fake time, real warning: Thai couple’s scam alert Photo via Facebook/ Supakorn Piriyesyangkoon Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325741-fake-time-real-warning-thai-couple’s-scam-alert-video/
  19. So now you pay twice the utilities every month, 2 x rents, 2 x electric bills, 2 x water bills etc. every month?
  20. We had this back in the states. I had an office (no actual work was ever knowingly done in it) and she had a crafts room (a very messy crafts room that I strove never to open the door of). We would never knock before entering each other's spaces, but I can see that as an act of boundary-respecting love. The psychological boost of having lockable doors and separate food has been very uplifting. Not that those doors ever get locked much (and we have keys). And I still eat 80% of my meals at her place. It's a concrete committment to not taking each other for granted, particularly romantically. Introverted people really need a lot solo down time to recharge. I never saw her as particularly introverted, given her job and extreme sociability, but I see now that she's been wanting this her whole life. When I moved out, I left the subpar toaster behind and got a Kitchen Aid one. I saw the old one in the bin and didn't say anything. She's popped over once to toast a bagel in mine that has the proper wide slot. She called first. I told her to buy a proper toaster, but she says she only wants to toast a bagel maybe once a month and she loves having the free'd up counterspace. Same with the blender, which she actually said "good riddance" about. Meanwhile, my bathroom no longer looks like the world's biggest handbag interior due to her many, many skin care and beautification needs -now residing on the other side of our shared wall. I had to move large bluetooth speaker from against said wall, like a good neighbor would.
  1. Load more activity