All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well maybe stop talking in riddles and say what you mean, tropes mean very little!
  3. Eh up, the donkey's smiling again! Always an ominous sign. They were just saying there's too many coming in and they will have to introduce a tariff to cutback, and now visa-free entry for Russians. Bizarre. Bet the woman Thai doctors on Phuket are getting nervous, and rightly so.
  4. Depending where you live in TH, it might be annoying enough to always have a few 1000 baht on you. Though plenty of wet/fresh markets and ma/pa shops that don't rely on electric. And that chappy, a repeat of the very point I was attempting make earlier... Just because there may be an occasion when one doesn't function, it doesn't mean the other is better.... eg. what if they don't have change for a 1000 Baht......
  5. No, not in Pattaya. Bangkok, Ubon yes, maybe some more, I have the idea it's down to staff awareness rather than anything else as I have experienced the first line staff having to seek advice from above to get it working.
  6. But Laurence Fox does get a mention, so he is part of the topic. And I was only offering my admiration of his acting abilities, particularly when playing a right wing extremist.
  7. Looks cool.... Does it come with Spoked Wheels ???? ..... So I can tape some card to the rear frame which flaps across the spokes so it sounds more like a real bike !!!!!
  8. Depending where you live in TH, it might be annoying enough to always have a few 1000 baht on you. Though plenty of wet/fresh markets and ma/pa shops that don't rely on electric.
  9. Understnd that the full acronym for BTU is GOBTU.....Good Old British Thermal Units.
  10. If you want to be stylish, there's the Max One ... little pricey at 65.9k, lower specs, and not sure if qualifies for the 18k incentive, as not on that list. They even have 2 scooter that will accept 2 batteries, for more range.
  11. The provision for tax filing for singles is 60k of income, other than income from employment, and 120k income from employment, including employment income from pensions. But what is unclear here is whether state pensions are included in this. There are no Thai state pensions and this form of income is not mentioned anywhere in the RC. So are state pensions income from employment? Not really because they are not paid by employers. Are they derived from employment? Yes indirectly because most countries only pay them to retired workers who generally have to pay contributions. Perhaps an issue to be decided by the Tax Court. Whether they are considered income from employment has a bearing not only on whether they are taxable at all but on whether the 100K allowance for income from employment is applicable to them If you have income over 120k or 60k, depending on the type of income, but no taxable income and you want to be 100% compliant with the letter of the RC, by all means get a TIN, if your tax office will give you one, and go ahead and file a tax return. In deciding this and/or calculating tax, it is up to you whether you decide that remitted state pension income is income from employment, income from investment, or not assessable income at all because it is not mentioned in the RC. Personally I would not bother to file for the time being, if my remitted income is below the tax threshold. That provision is not enforced on Thais and it is unlikely it will be enforced on foreigners at this time. The situation with expat tax returns will be highly chaotic and there will widespread non-compliance with the reinterpretation from both Thais and foreigners, largely because confusion due to the RD's refusal to publish any clarifying guidelines. So the idea that the RD is going to start trying to track down foreigners who remitted peanuts into the Kingdom to fine them 2,000, when they don't do this with Thais, is preposterous.
  12. I don't disagree, It's just that it's relatively easy to understand what the rules or laws say but it can be next to impossible to understand, with any degree of certainty, if they are actively enforced, uniformly across the board.
  13. Can I just not pay the ticket I got for not having car tax? I suppose I will find out soon as I need to go get the car tax for this year, hopefully they donโ€™t ask about the newly issued ticket. Serious question though, what if I just donโ€™t get the car tax and just keep wracking up fines every now and again? Itโ€™s a shakedown system the way they accept cash onsite, I actually feel like not paying is my duty as a good visitor but just curious of the actual realities.
  14. Have you actually read the thread ???.....
  15. Tug - How does it feel to be so angry all the time? Real problem for Leftist. Get up angry and got to bed angry over stuff that is not even true. 8 years the Left has been after Trump. So afraid of real ideas and policies that will grow the US. You really want an Obama 4th term? We see what his 3rd term is like. Increase crime, open borders, executive orders for everything. Transformation of American. Into what? 3rd world Banana Republic. World is on fire. Botched surrender in Afghanistan. The list goes on and on but Leftist are blind to what they see and believe what they can't see and what the hear on the Leftist compliant media. This is what should make people angry. Obama once remarked how he loved to see the power that Xi had. No congress to stop him or slow him down. No Constitution to get in the way. Just the power to control the people. I don't mind this if the problems were shared by the Left only, but the Right suffers too. Republicans may not be able to solve all the problems but for sure the Democrats are the cause of all the problems.
  16. IMO both information are valuable and should come along: describing the rules as they truly are and whether it is enforced or not. Then everyone can decide accordingly. Again, Thailand is not the West and law enforcement level is key part of the equation of any decision.
  17. The finer things in life are expensive in any country. I spend 15K for food and 10K for weed. Except the breakfast, I order most of my food. Also, when you get older, I assume people tend to eat less. Sometimes I drink cocktails, and there may be another 2K/month. I don't sit in the bar from morning until midnight, drinking beer. That's how most people spend their money, I assume.
  18. Is that some kind of cock cooler ? Like meeting a really cool chick ?
  19. There is a news article now on a Thai news website now (yellow page header also has a forum... not sure about posting the name) with some bloke praising the air con set at 27 deg and a small fan to distribute the air around.. maybe one of you air con gurus can have a look (it's in Thai language, I got my wife to translate)... and see if it makes sense.. he claims to cut his bill almost in half...
  1. Load more activity