All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They need to get rid of that broad,it’s unbelievable to me that they would even think of ousting Johnston for the budget he needs to grow a pair and be more bipartisan to nuter trump and the rest of his destructive cronies
  3. Denial and avoidance of the facts which are that Euro Med are run by a bunch of Hamas supporters and vile anti-Semitic clowns. Avoidance of the opinions shared by UN Watch and avoidance of reading the independent links they give to all the sources for their articles including the UN itself. Your comments on your visit to Ramy Abdu's twitter account reveal more denialism of what he really is, he's not just bias he openly supporter the terrorists and commenced that support on Oct 8th when he first posted celebrating the event one day after it happened. "In this battle, Palestine presented its elite young men and women on the path to freedom and dignity. Successive generations will remember you, and history will immortalize you as heroic knights who created for us pure glory, not stained with mud. Remember their names well and teach the stories of their eternal heroism to your children and grandchildren." He has been discussed here numerous times in these topics. Here is just one which also contains a link to the sick tweet above. He still denies that Hamas sexually assaulted Israeli women on October 7th, referring to this as “a fabricated lie.” The UN and its investigations among others have evidence to the contrary. Of course then we have the other anti-Semitic, Richard Falk known for his 9/11 conspiracy theories. Obviously with your own self admission that you are a flat earther its not surprising you gravitate to others who share conspiracy theories but actively denying who Euro Med are really is a very low bar to showcase your opinions. Shame on you.
  4. Is this replacement of engineer Stan Deal, head of Boeing’s airliner unit, a move in the right direction, seems the aviation industry have raised many questions on how suitable Stephanie Pope is, with a background in finance. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/03/28/boeing-max-737-stephanie-pope-engineer-industry-worried/
  5. Cause trouble for who? People trying to get around the rules? The purpose of a MENO is to allow those who live/work abroad visit their Thai spouse/family. It is also technically a requirement for that purpose as such visits are outside the scope of 30 day exempt entry. This new requirement is not within the rules and I'd suggest the only reason it is now being required by Savannakhet is because of those people who were using a MENO to avoid the 400,000 in the bank requirement for a 12 month extension of stay. Why should people who have been using a MENO properly for many years, suddenly find they need to have 400,000 in a Thai bank account? Many of those who use a MENO to visit their wife may not have a Thai bank account. MENO's are often used by those who work offshore and therefore are able to take advantage of having a legal Offshore Bank Account. Technically, you have to be resident in Thailand to have a Thai bank account. Because of the abuse, the only way visa people who wish to stay within the rules can use now is a single entry which for many means additional expense and/or travel. Consider an offshore worker or someone working abroad where the Thai Consulate/Embassy has gone over to E-Visa. They are unlikely to be classed as resident in the country where they board their flight to Thailand and therefore cannot apply for a visa there. Many would obtain their MENO once per year at either Savannakhet or Ho Chi Minh. Now, they either have to put 400,000 in a Thai bank account or go to Savannakhet every time they wish to visit their spouse unless their single entry visa is still valid. I am no longer married but when I was I was able to obtain a MENO at Savannakhet or Ho Ch Minh. MENO's are not available in the UK so with this new requirement, I would either have to get a fresh single entry visa every time, which is hassle and more expensive, or put 400,000 in a Thai bank account. I know of one guy living in the UK who's just a normal working bloke and doesn't have 400,000 or a Thai bank account - why would he want a Thai account? He does however, have a child in Thailand who he visits as often as he can and was using MENO's, he now has the same problem. All of this has been caused by people who have used MENO's to try and avoid the requirements for an extension so don't tell me I'm causing trouble - they are the ones responsible for this. When you read this forum, you could be forgiven for thinking that all the guys living in or regularly visiting Thailand are looking for a way around the rules. I'd suggest that the vast majority of people (who are probably not members of this forum) actually comply with all the rules - not try and find a way around them. As usual, the few have spolied it for the many.
  6. Very good question. I was fortunate enough that my annual extension always falls at a time when I will be in Thailand (late March/early April) and I renewed last week at 44 days before expiry (Bangkok).
  7. No. I belong in the Village of Yore.... NOT... The watered down Village of today. Long live Kerouac..!
  8. It’s a powerful message in my opinion to see 3 successful presidents in the same room supporting America and democracy
  9. Same here, had a condo there for 4 years, dreadful experience. Filtrete on the aircon intake helped but not cheap and always shocked at how much grime it caught. My clothes were always filthy, screw it. And if it not raining its 12 mths a year there now. Too many toxic smokestacks and vehicles spewing out crap which settles in that valley. It gets worse every year.
  10. When I bought last year I wanted 99.999 but could not get easily unless buying 1kg bars (too much and not easily traded). In the end I settled for multiple bars at different sies in 96.5% which can be traded on almost any street in SE Asia. Over 6,000 Baht/Baht weight up now in 12 months. Very happy. Hua Seng Heng in Yaowarat are an excellent source.
  11. I wanted to thank you all for replying to the topic in the last 12 hours or so. It's quickly become a moot point now anyway (below), although it's raised its ugly head within the last 5 days with her mother instructing ' don't talk you just have to send'. With your help here, and the thinking of many in the comments being similar or the same as what I already have (thank you for reinforcing my thoughts), it won't happen. Anyway I mentioned it being a moot point now anyway. I'm here working in China with a view to retiring in the kingdom in August once this contract is finished. She had been here with me but left 5 months ago to work on Samui (as she wanted to help her mother, because i won't do it). With 9 months left to work here, I didn't want her to go, but I got her the ticket as she wanted. Communicating has become tenuous, all I've had is anger from her in these months while missing her and continuing a monthly salary for her. It's got worse by the day over the last month (including mother coldly demanding money). Now, she's admitted to me last night that yes she's been sleeping with others, maybe more than 10 in the 5 months. It's what I've increasingly suspected and feared. It's been a difficult number of months. I'm a decent man, not perfect but I always strive to do the right thing, and while there's a little more to the story i won't get into, it doesn't really change the structural overview of what I've written here. It's been a difficult time, I just wanted a quiet and happy retirement. I don't know whether to fly down for a few days to try and see her (it won't be good) or just gather some strength and turn away. Thanks to everyone for writing. I'm grateful I'll leave the post open for a little while. Regards
  12. Ahhh there’s that religion of peace again……the afghans should have fought for their freedom when they had the means to do so…..to late now
  13. Best be careful with other people’s money ehh?personally I think he got off light due to the amounts involved and the harm done…..not to mention the disparity between his sentence and some without funds robs a bank
  14. I just sold SP500 at highs and am keeping my gold as it goes ever higher (over 38,000 THB/Baht weight today).
  15. I get my Creatinine levels checked every 4 months from Red Cross, once a year or so i go to Lifecare lab for their package 4, their results for creatinine and eGFR are way different, so look inaccurate, i keep meaning to tell them but it will probably be ignored
  16. The electronic network linking these facilities is a smart move, streamlining patient care and ensuring consistent services across different healthcare providers. This initiative could serve as a model for improving healthcare access and efficiency nationwide. Visit https://fortismedicalbilling.com/medical-billing/optometry/ to learn more about healthcare initiatives and billing services.
  17. i bought from thai quota and transferred to foreign quota, people don't realise you can do that
  18. You do make some good points, especially regarding the high heart rate shortly after consuming cannabis. Actually, part of my PTSD involves cardiophobia, which I developed 20 years ago. I've always had some form of health anxiety, but cardiophobia has always been the most prominent. Then, in 2014, I developed heart arrhythmia (benign - just random ectopics, skipped heart beats), which increased my anxiety significantly. After undergoing tests and discovering that there's nothing wrong with my heart and it's all in the mind, that's when I started making serious efforts to understand this condition and how it can truly impact someone's way of thinking. For that reason, I definitely notice a difference in how I feel depending on the strains. For some unknown reason, certain strains make my heart race, while others don't affect it at all.
  19. Cost 600 trillion, 400 trillion to the chinese builders. Will never be able to be paid back.
  20. Some sperm are more equal than others.... We all know that this is true.
  21. 24-hour news station Nation TV is introducing what it claims are Thailand’s first news reporters generated by artificial intelligence (AI). Named Natcha and Nitchan, the two will bring fresh news to viewers’ screens from April 1 onwards. #ThailandNews #NationTV #ai #reproters
  22. If they reset your 90-day report at time of extension you will have a slip of paper in back of your passport with the next report date.
  23. No fast track lane ? The BOI one I use is imaginary ? https://www.boi.go.th/upload/fast_track_lane_93062.pdf
  24. My renewal is end of December and i know it can be renewed a up to a month earlier, my question is is it possible to request that my renewal will be from now on, a month or two earlier, as it's more covenant with my overseas travel scheduled or i have to start the whole process a new?
  1. Load more activity