BANGKOK 23 May 2019 15:44

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, I've heard too many reports of Chiang Mai Immigration requiring an applicant to show 12 months of in-country deposits of 65,000 baht or more if using the "income method". In other words, the applicant somehow had to know about the new regulation before it came into effect. No more "leniency".
  3. "...the nanny was probably using her phone for social media". Really, what makes you say that, where you there?
  4. Think the cinematography is good, but why would one want to film in Thailand versus Malaysia ? Pinewood has a studio in Jahore. Is there a major, foreign studio in Thailand ? Has junta censorship hurt the industry ? The Thai movie industry needs more development. Most Thai movies are either ghost stories or love stories. There is a lack of substantive content. And Thai actor need to try harder to get into international films. On the whole, the industry is too complacent.
  5. Apart from the French breakfasts, the food is boring. There's only so much pho and spring rolls one can eat. I agree Vietnamese are more open and friendly. Don't know about the girls, they looked squattier than Thais to me.
  6. OK, so just been checking on this, and have the answers now, probably should have done this before I left Thailand.... So if you are not married, it's an issue, you need a marriage certificate to do this, but I guess you could fake one form another country if needs be, I can't see how they could or would check. To stay in Cambo long term (over 6 months), you either need a EB (Business) extension of stay, or an ER (retirement) extension of stay. If you have the EB extension to stay you will need a work permit. The EOS is about $300 for the year, the work permit is about $130. Once you have this, and your marriage certificate, your wife and kids can then also get EB EOS. But, they are $300 per person per year. So in total a family with 2 kids is looking at $1200 for the EOS's and $130 for the work permit, $1330 in total or 42,500 THB, which ain't cheap... I'm sure there are other ways of doing this (possibly student visa for the kids), but apparently whatever route you go it's about $300 per person for your dependants.
  7. 500 baht. The fine for beeping at a Thai, possibly your life.
  8. You need confirmation about what? The fact that you are obsessed with that person and you need some professional help.
  9. "...BMW & MB are designed for autbahn driving - better handling and more stable..." What? Which manufacturer of cars in the same classes as BMWs and Mercs don't design them for "autbahn" [sic] use? What makes your BMW or Merc safer to drive and handle better" than other comparable cars? Do you have some specifics in mind?
  10. Belean Keto Todays audit will be everything you’re searching for. We have the data on how they guarantee to function, if there are any reactions that accompany it, and, we’ll even endeavor to locate the best Belean Keto Price. In any case, our primary objective is to enable you to know whether these are the enhancement you’re absent. We’ll simply get to the point. We figure you can improve. Along these lines, you can either prop up to perceive any reason why we think this, or simply trust us. Snap on any of the catches on this page to look at the #1 weight reduction supplement. There’s no compelling reason to settle. Snap on a catch to perceive any reason why! We can perceive any reason why you needed to find out about Belean Keto Diet Pills. These cases are something that anybody would need. In this way, what makes us figure they don’t work, prop up to discover. For one thing, in the event that you are going to take something like the Belean Keto Pills, explicitly a keto supplement, there are a couple of things you should know first. http://www.worldfitnessshop.com/belean-keto/ https://sites.google.com/site/beleanketo/ https://www.facebook.com/Belean-Keto-627577507724010/ https://www.facebook.com/events/297720451114394/
  11. Never, ever, use an agent. No need whatsoever. Just follow the instructions given by your local immigration office.
  12. He would have needed to be very slim to have survived that if he was in the car at the time looking at the steering wheel
  13. Botswana lifts ban on big game hunting FILE PHOTO: A herd of elephants is seen grazing at a wildlife area, after reports that conservationists have discovered 87 of them slaughtered just in the last few months, outside Kasane in the northeastern corner of Botswana, September 20, 2018. REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko/File Photo GABORONE (Reuters) - Botswana, home to almost a third of Africa's elephants, lifted a ban on big game hunting on Wednesday, citing growing conflict between humans and wildlife and the negative impact of the hunting suspension on people's livelihoods. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102344-botswana-lifts-ban-on-big-game-hunting/
  14. Give what a rest? looking out for the safety of others? what do i have that's more important than saving young girls, possibly. Oh, I see a guy hanging outside the bar and trying to put girls in his van when they are drunk. give it a rest!!!! What???? yea, maybe not the same, but you are giving him the benefit of the doubt based off nothing. again, go to Thapae gate, observe. if you think he's normal, then .......................................................... well...............................................
  15. My reading of those four banks indicates they are operating more like western banks 40-50 yrs ago. They are not heavily invested in derivatives or sub-prime loans... Not anywhere near the risk-level of some US institutions.
  16. Botswana lifts ban on big game hunting FILE PHOTO: A herd of elephants is seen grazing at a wildlife area, after reports that conservationists have discovered 87 of them slaughtered just in the last few months, outside Kasane in the northeastern corner of Botswana, September 20, 2018. REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko/File Photo GABORONE (Reuters) - Botswana, home to almost a third of Africa's elephants, lifted a ban on big game hunting on Wednesday, citing growing conflict between humans and wildlife and the negative impact of the hunting suspension on people's livelihoods. Conservationists estimate the southern African country has around 130,000 elephants, but some lawmakers say the number is much higher and causes problems for small-scale farmers. "The Government of Botswana has taken a decision to lift the hunting suspension," the Environment Ministry said in a statement. "The Ministry would like to reiterate that it will work with all stakeholders to ensure that re-instatement of hunting is done in an orderly and ethical manner". It said the return of wildlife hunting would take place in accordance with laws and regulations governing wildlife conservation, hunting and licensing, but did not elaborate. Minister of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism Onkokame Kitso Mokaila would hold a news conference on Thursday to give details, it said. President Mokgweetsi Masisi set up a committee in June last year to consider the hunting ban, which was imposed by former President Ian Khama in 2014 after surveys showed declining wildlife populations. The committee recommended in February that Botswana consider allowing big game hunting again. At the time, the committee chair said it recommended "a legal framework that will enable the growth of a safari hunting industry and manage the country's elephant population within the historic range". The committee also called for "regular but limited" elephant culling. Botswana, a mostly arid country the size of France, has a population of around 2.3 million people and its vast tracts of remote wilderness make it a magnet for foreign tourists who want to view wildlife. (Reporting by Brian Benza; Writing by Olivia Kumwenda-Mtambo; Editing by Frances Kerry) -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-05-23 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  17. Animals. Lock them up. Phuket in general seems to be full of those types...
  18. My comment was the nanny was probably using her phone for social media More like they all sauntered very casually Good reason for everyone to carry a fire extinguisher in their car as well as having one at home
  19. If thay lose facebook here many will be in a state of withdrawal until they manage to get further in debt for the latest super dooper expensive phone made by 'you fill in the name.'
  20. How do they get rid of all that swallow sh*t. The atmosphere in one of those structures must require life support equipment for the nest gatherers. Incidentally, it is not the actual nest that is used to make the soup but the bird spittle which binds it together. When you think of all those jars of Essence of Birds Nest that are handed out patients there is a demand to satisfy.
  21. Hi, I am currently working for Muang Thai Life company There are many criteria whether the company will ask for medical check-up or not; It depends on (1) your documents such as work permit or commercial registration of your business (2) your age (3) your insured sum of life coverage In general norm of Thai insurance company, normally a company gives a full trust on customer declare on their health condition so it will not require a health check up before purchasing for every customer. Therefore, a client should honestly declare their health or otherwise there can be a problem when happening a claim. So, in most cases, Thai companies will not ask for a check up prior to purchasing a health insurance. If you need any further information about healthcare, please do not hesitate to contact me Tel: 0907138104 Line Id: passakorn.path
  22. I saw the guy this afternoon, and he gave me the creepy feeling. alone, camera pointed down, looking at everyone in a weird way. maybe around 1 p.m. no manhunt. I've never talked to him, or took his picture. just OBSERVE. I need a few other people to see this guy and then tell me I'm crazy, and then end of the thread, or that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a little off and we need to save kids/girls/women/tourists/etc.. from possible something. i'm shocked people on here can't think i might possible be paranoid for the right reason. Oh, at halloween, some guy followed your kids and talked to them and wanted to take their picture and chat online.....oh, great!!!! NO. There is the 10% chance this guy has a creepy past and all of you will feel like you actually are helping this great city be less safe. i just need confirmation.
  23. According to newsnight TM will have a meeting with the head of the 1922 committee on Friday, if she doesn't resign he will open a sealed envelope with the results of a ballot whether to change the rules or not.
  24. adwbkk, sadly i cannot offer any assistance living in Issan, but can only say WELL DONE, good for you.
  25. Watched the game. Pretty shit game to be honest.
  1. Load more activity