All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They can't make up their minds. On the one hand they do everything possible to increase tourism revenue, which can't be done with only "quality " tourists, on the other hand they want only the big spending " quality" tourists staying in luxury hotels, which is a tiny minority. Have your cake and eat it too.In the end, it's saying we want your money, but not you. By the way, Pattaya is only really crowded on weekends, especially long weekends, and that's mainly because of Thais from Bkk visiting. If you want crowded, try the center of Bangkok, Siam Square for example.
  3. They can't make up their minds. On the one hand they do everything possible to increase tourism revenue, which can't be done with only "quality " tourists, on the other hand they want only the big spending " quality" tourists staying in luxury hotels, which is a tiny minority. Have your cake and eat it too.In the end, it's saying we want your money, but not you. By the way, Pattaya is only really crowded on weekends, especially long weekends, and that's mainly because of Thais from Bkk visiting. If you want crowded, try the center of Bangkok, Siam Square for example.
  4. If you're not interested in the typical traditional massages here maybe try Soi 6/1
  5. It's a crappy article, with no basis for the assumed 'political animus'.
  6. Never mind the tourism numbers are surging.. sustainability and resource management mean anything to local officials.
  7. Stunning anyone would go to a rally to hear this. He's not very smart. https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-gettysburg-civil-war-historian-1890325 "Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was," Trump said during a Saturday rally in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, in what was his first campaign event in the battleground state. "It was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways—it represented such a big portion of the success of this country," he continued. "Gettysburg, wow—I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch," he said. "And the statement of Robert E. Lee, who's no longer in favor—did you ever notice it? He's no longer in favor. 'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his great general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late," Trump added.
  8. Every day? I've lived here for twenty years and I haven't known anything like this before. The temperatures are high normal but it's not usual every day. When authorities start to issue severe heat warnings it ceases to be a matter of opinion. No, you're wrong imo. If someone is very fit, perhaps a super athlete, comes from Arizona, or similar, then I suppose it might feel merely hot. Likewise someone predominantly sitting in air con behind a keyboard might also be comfortable. What's your situation?
  9. The white 'give way line' exists on the other-side (south bound)... and on the other junctions... I agree with you that we have to adopt to some of the 'local styles of driving'.... but what we see here is two people driving / riding with 'local style' and both shooting through a junction without stopping with serious consequences - if either rider or driver applied caution, the accident would not have existed. The junction is poorly designed and priority should perhaps be reversed - but that doesn't make those blasting through the junction correct, it makes it dangerous and causes accidents (as we have seen).
  10. As far as I know DUI is the only motoring offense that will get you deported ..... and then only if you're not on a marriage extension. No D/L, no insurance, no tax, no helmet, speeding ....... small fine.
  11. This was in 2021 !! 😳🙈 She's mental ! She obviously got the hump because husband was out all night , so she flipped at him on the phone and then flipped at the guard . Utter nutter.
  12. Just fear mongering. Pushing the fear machine you'll let peasants accept whatever they won't accept in a normal condition. Goebbels described these techniques very well.
  13. That is the Visa Application Centre - not the passport office. "...the UK Visa Application Centre and the HMPO address in Bangkok, Thailand will be relocated.."
  14. Thanks for detailed report. Will be useful to many..
  15. I always believed it was of the equine variety?
  16. Many thanks. So for 12 month extension the FD account doesn't have to show the funds coming from overseas?
  17. So long as the application meets the criteria (finacial, relationship, reason for travel etc.) and it can be demonstrated that the visitor will depart UK at end of the visit. A friend posted recently that lots of Thai girls are posting their rejection letters on Facebook. My Cambodian GF received her (second) UK visit visa this week.
  18. More misinformation from Faux News. You're drawn to it like moths to a flame
  19. Between 30 and 60 depending on how fat the envelopes are. Well, apparently they now have 6 mobile ones, I guess some people are getting new Mercedes's this year.
  20. Trump is. But you won't read about it in the right wing media. It's all online. Just do a Google search.
  1. Load more activity