All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Can't even recognise a typo - that's the last resort of someone with no idea.
  3. All politicians are scum, no matter which puppet, they are all just another side of the same coin. Their mission is to loot as much money as they can before their 4 years expire. That's why so many money laundry machines....wars, as in Ukraine and Gaza, and countless places and false flags before.
  4. All politicians are scum, no matter which puppet, they are all just another side of the same coin. Their mission is to loot as much money as they can before their 4 years expire. That's why so many money laundry machines....wars, as in Ukraine and Gaza, and countless places and false flags before.
  5. Air quality comes close to the top of the list when choosing where I live. However, as with many things, it can be wise to compromise. For me, the compromise is between pollution and convenience. I don't want to be miles away from shops and facilities etc. but I certainly would want to breathe the air in Bangkok for example. I'm not keen on carbon monoxide.
  6. "I saw a evidence......." and I don't know what I'm talking about! 🤣 I think it's past your bed time! Night night!
  7. Would be good if they added a way to collect rice straw and sugar cane waste for use as fuel. That would also cut down on smoke pollution
  8. I can't really argue with anybody on here. Because I am in the west. Which most of you call the Nanny states. Having said that I feel much safer here than in Thailand. Got tested many times always zero. I do drink some red wine but never drive after. And taking the backstreet after a few drinks is a nono. There is a Booze bus everywhere. And you get tested for drugs as well. No peeing in a bucket just a swipe of your tongue. But Thailand is years behind.
  9. That is what I expected: Ask 2 lawyers get 3 different answers. This will be a whole new level <deleted>show if TRD decides to follow through (big if but only my gut feeling). It shows one thing. be prepared for the worst and have several layers of insulation if push comes to shove. Everything we discuss here can only be used to have as many layers of insulation as possible (Gifts, creditcard usage, remittances of money earned before 2024 etc)- Godspeed to all of us!
  10. Yes, but you cover your bum when you report it because if someone lays a hand on her now, everyone will know who it is.
  11. I love use of the word 'apron' it's a blast from the past Today we use the word 'ramp' pretty universally across the world, but apron still sounds good.
  12. I saw evidence that someone doesn't know what they are talking about
  13. The Thai government and tourism generals are showing their panic now and also how little they understand the market. They wanted the numbers, a fair few came, but they are not the "quality tourists" spending the amounts envisioned. The economy is struggling - just ask any normal Thai - and a lot of foreign investment has gone elsewhere in the last 10 years. The boom times are over. Truth is that the Thai government and Tourism ministers want the money but not the tourists who come. Can't have it all ways. The world is broke and many of those travelling have lower budgets, or travel less frequently than before. This is the reality.
  14. Have you thought of converting to Islam?
  15. Non b with extensions of stay and work permit. None showing in my current passport. The only visa in my current passport is the used non-o from last year.
  16. But if these were half litre cans the level would be 0.05% which is the limit in Thailand.
  17. Exactly. If third countries wouldn't get involved in disputes between countries then any stronger country can just take over any smaller country. It's like a school bully. The bully wont stop by himself and the bullied guy isn't strong enough to defend himself. Others have to step in. Which is also the whole idea of NATO. All countries together are too strong for anyone else to try to invade any individual member state.
  18. More "what ifs". So allow me to "what if" too. What if governments mandated that all new condos need to provide EV charging? What if they also backdated that so existing condos need to add them? Condos also have councils and people pay common fees, so if the people want them they will be installed. I don't think the whole world will be driving EVs any time soon, but they are continuing to grow in popularity, especially in cities (where most condos are). I imagine in future EV charging will be a selling point of a new condo. You live in Bangkok and a young family in five years' time want to buy one I expect EV charging will be a consideration in where they choose, and I also expect it will be a requirement to have charging stations for any new condo. Do I know this for a fact? No. But I expect it - it's my "what if". Do you not expect this to change given the EV uptake? You are talking about condos that were built before EV popularity was a thing. If you are talking of the UK it is 2035. And see my reply above. You think they will mandate EVs without mandating charging infrastructure in buildings? I know the Tories are corrupt and useless but surely not that useless. Then again....
  19. The wave is building. Like the winter swell on the North Shore of Oahu. Bonzai Pipeline! https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-union-leader-says-members-support-trump-biden-3-1-see-wave-coming
  20. Are you really that blinkered? - what are you trying to say? - "they don"t"? or are you just being deliberately obtuse? I quite clearly said "local immigration"
  21. That's an interesting comment. A lot of countries got involved in a German dispute with a number of European countries, during the second world war, and I, for one, am glad that they did.
  1. Load more activity