All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Royal Mail forwarding service. They’ll not scan letters but they will send them on to you. The difficulty is setting up the account from overseas.
  3. I agree, it's pathetic. No one should be this thick, or naive. The only real exception is if they have a serious disability, which I somehow doubt in his case as he's rich AF
  4. There are several Mail forwarding companies available that will open and scan, email to you and then forward or destroy as per your instructions. They are not expensive, some have fixed annual other have Pay as you go, which is better if just a small amount of mail each month etc. Google search " Mail forwarding Uk"
  5. It's ridiculous and dangerous how over-prescribed antibiotics are in Thailand. It's a cough & a cold for goodness sake!
  6. Who says the OP is right. point it's just his opinion being given to you in this article.
  7. This will work for a few days than the Vermin will Smarten up and be More dangerous. A special unit is Needed to Eradicate the Vermin not Teasing the Vermin with Toy Slingshots Because if they hurt the Vermin then there will be a big Outcry Animal Cruelty.
  8. Good for her. Seems Biden is in for a whole lot of pain if more of his staff leave for the same reason.
  9. Guess you mean non-B visa. You need correct paperwork from your accountant and then you go to immigrations within Thailand to get 12 months extension.
  10. Chapter one. part one. Once upon a time, the maker of all suddenly appeared with a big bang, and he made absolutely everything, he made just two humans one man and and one woman, the woman was very naughty and was told by the maker not to eat those lovely apples, (she blamed it on a talking snake, yer right.) but she did eat one, and it made her feel very randy, her brother Adam the son of the maker, also got randy, they ended up having boys born, then one got jealous and killed his brother, oh no he said who am I going to shag looking at his mum hopefully...................stay tuned for when the Maker shags a Virgin.
  11. Yess.. You got it. I had absolutely no homophobic sentiment, until it comes to marriage. While the idea of having sex with another male makes puke, it is none of my business if others resort to perversions to get off. But marriage is a limit I don't want to be crossed, as it involves an innocent third party: children.
  12. I have already lost two debit cards in this way however I have recently found an ATM near to Villa Market, Ratchayotin, Bangkok which has a taped voice reminding users to take their card at the completion of each transaction.
  13. Since 3 Months I have this Xiaomi Air Purifier. Very effectiv....no more hacking, coughing and sneezing! Before I had a No Name Product for 500 Baht, was not working, be careful, there are many of this kind in the Market: Air Pollution= Air Purifier big Business= Many Sharks! https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4906036289-s20676995954.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm&tradeOrderId=811692144385564&tradeOrderLineId=811692144485564&spm=spm%3Da2o42.order_details.item_title.1
  14. There is an excellent train service (well everything is relaative) from Chang Mai but you would still need to carry your passport.
  15. Yes, for health insurance, although I have a US govt sponsored health insurance ..since 1996..but there is no policy provided so I gave them the benefits (17 pages) highlighted benefits within the pages that explained that if I had to go to the hospital, EVERYTHING would be paid for by the insurer. But they needed a letter from the insurance company spelling out that at least 50,000 baht coverage for hospitalization locally was provided and asked for an ending date of the policy so the final is 10 years hence. Actually the BOI folks were extremely helpful and patient. Only 3 weeks or so from retirement O to the 10-year LTR! Excellent, no need for me to read it for you...most folks just won't read it for themselves. Yes a native Thai can use form 7 I think for the US IRS to cease taxing the pension benefit and then since she is a thai, will need to pay thai taxes.
  16. I was in the same boat with OA visa and BlueCross and having to use Pacific Cross. It gave me a great sense of pleasure to cancel the expensive Pacific Cross that I never used for 3 years and get a partial refund. Not to mention not have to deal with the silly 90 day report or bank reporting. LTR was like a breath of fresh air.
  17. Yes, 80's. Concentration on 1st stage expressway construction but not much high-rise until 90's.
  18. I have already lost two debit cards in this way however I have recently found an ATM near to Villa Market, Ratchayotin, Bangkok which has a taped voice reminding users to take their card at the completion of each transaction.
  19. Haven't heard of this before but am not really that surprised.Many here will be aware of pressure from UK banks on expat customers in Thailand to provide tax identification numbers with a view to clarifying tax residency.This is of course driven by Common Reporting Standards (CRS) and Thai banks are also interested in this information and for the same reasons.How much pressure the Thai banks are under on this issue from the Thai Government I have no idea.But the direction of travel is clear and the ratcheting up is inevitable.For those who have flicked off impertinent inquiries about tax identification numbers - or cobbled up excuses - from their banks over the last couple of years (including yours truly) I don't think this can be done much longer.I'm guessing the Thai banks will be less insistent but they won't give up on the quest.
  20. When asked what was his favourite verse, he came back with I like it all.
  21. Hi, I am a UK citizen. After retiring from work I put my house in the hands of a rental agency to fully manage and came to Thailand. That was over 6 years ago. All has gone very well, I love life here in Thailand, I have no family in the UK so have no reason to return. I have done my best to stop letter post but there are a few letters each year that I would like to see and sometimes take action. I initially had my letter post re-directed to a very good friend in the UK but last year Royal Mail refused to renew the re-direction. The rental agency for my house will collect my letters when they do a house inspection and deliver them to my friend, but that is only once per year. Maybe I could pay for more house inspections but it all seems to be a bit messy. I would like something more permanent, to pay a company to receive my re-directed letters and for them to process them, basically send me a secure copy (password protected) by email. Does anyone know of such a company or have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance Keith
  22. I have already lost two debit cards in this way however I have recently found an ATM near to Villa Market, Ratchayotin, Bangkok which has a taped voice reminding users to take their card at the completion of each transaction.
  1. Load more activity