BANGKOK 21 May 2019 07:31

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. CM is definitely one of Thailand's most popular cities. It's a fabulous place. If only the air wasn't lethal...
  3. An O-A visa is for those 50+ and is described on every Thai consulate site in Australia as a "retirement" visa
  4. My Mom had her handbag cut at Chatuchak about 20 years ago when she was over visiting me. Didn't lose anything luckily but the pick pockets are out there at the main tourist spots.
  5. A well written and prepared last will and testament is unshakable and incontestable in Thai courts, solid as a rock, goes either way thai to foreigner and vice versa...
  6. I checked the US consulate web site for alerts and/or notices. I couldn't find a reference, is this something designed to promote insurance sells or what? Please direct me to the source or then a newspaper.
  7. But the economic pain from no deal is not spread evenly over 27 countries; the impact on the German auto industry would be significant.
  8. I detect a strong smell of male bovine excreta in this instance - - - - - - But my unshakeable faith in the RTP will see this come to a quick and satisfactory conclusion (cough cough)
  9. I successfully submitted my ~ 9th online 90-day report. Submitted at 17:45, approved (just happened to be checking the status to make sure it was "Pending", and it said "Approved" - email came ~ an hour later) at 18:15, so someone's working OT. Was able to print the Application and the Next Report Date document. FWIW, I do not have a TM30 on file, AFAIK.
  10. It would be a simple feat for the next president to be more honest. Can you name an American president that has been more dishonest than Trump, or one who told more lies (10,000 and more being added every day)? I look forward to your response.
  11. I would suggest to never pay full price rental for anything. There's a lot more rentals than there are people wanting to rent which makes it a renter's market. If something is listed at 15,000 and you like it offer them 10,000. All they can say is no. They might come back with 12,000 but my point is everything is negotiable. I would also try to just get a 6 month lease. If you don't like the area or apartment/condo you are renting it gives you an easier out. Good luck!
  12. Rumak's Rant ( from a small room in a foreign embassy ) 1984 has come and gone. Most of the hard work has already been accomplished, with the masses firmly entrenched in 9 to 5 jobs performing the tasks of their masters. At the end of the day/week/life one is left with a few toys and possibly a house. (Divorce laws do work to take that away from many). AH, then the retirement years come that was always shown in brochures to be a time of relaxation, sitting on the porch and watching the lovely grandkids, or out on the golf course or the boat fishing for marlin. Only problem is that someone somewhere keeps raising the cost of everything. Heck, even the property tax on the house you paid for 30 years ago keeps going up. And THEN, the dreaded happens. Medical issues ! Somehow , that wonderful lifestyle that you were living for most of your life slaps you in the face and says " diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, IBS, arthritis, etc etc etc. " NO WORRIES ! You have been paying for health insurance . Sure, the cost of that has gone up and up and up but at least you're covered. Well, until you have a problem . HA! read the fine print . I mean the very fine print. Where it says that the company is going to do all it can to not pay and get rid of you as soon as possible. Well, you know what. There has always been this small group of individuals (not really a group, since groups have pretty much been rendered impotent and are easily monitored). But there were a few trouble makers that snuck through the cracks of conformity, somehow managing to get a few dollars saved up to carry them through to the end. To accomplish this within their means they chose to move to areas and live in ways usually deemed non-conformist by those in power. Oh, if only labels could kill. The thing is, non-conformists are sometimes pretty resourceful . It is almost a necessity for survival in this modern world. And so I have survived for the better part of my life . Yes, the computer with access to information is a blessing for some, entertainment for most. I knew that the downside is that big brother now knows where I am every second and probably what I am eating for breakfast. I take that risk, having thought that they were too busy going after terrorists or child support runaways. I guess I underestimated their greed though. Don't they already control enough, i thought ? I was wrong. They will not stop until they have every single person in the world under their power. FREEDOM'S JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE. Sorry, gotta go. There's a large contingent of CIA (certified insurance agents) breaking down my door. According to the American Psychological Association, chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver and suicide. And more than 75 percent of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints. Hmmmmm, so that's why they keep upping the stress levels ! Have a nice day , y'all
  13. Here's an argument from the judge the Trumpies will hate--it's rational: " "It is simply not fathomable that a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a President for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct — past or present — even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry," Mehta wrote. " https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-rules-favor-house-democrats-efforts-obtain-trumps-211000658--abc-news-topstories.html
  14. I'm glad I don't think this way. I couldn't care less 10 mins one way or the other. I care about the quality of the massage. Think about it: you are letting 10 minutes ruin your experience, of a 200/300 baht massage? Let that soak in: A whole 35/50 baht! Not a fight I've any interest in joining. I go get a massage, leave feeling great, never bother to even glance at the time. Well worth the money without all the negative thinking... Why don't you just modify the tip if you feel shorted? That way you can actually enjoy the massage process.
  15. Just imagine it would have been your brother, sister, or best friend who made a huge mistake. Even the death penalty won't stop drugs.
  16. i was told buy someone who lost his car book make the car worth about 25% less when you go to sell it as it make the car a higher risk to the new buyer. good luck.
  17. "Dual citizenship" isn't really "legal" in the States. It's more of a "don't ask - don't tell" proposition. When a foreign national takes the oath of citizenship, part of that oath states that they hold hold allegiance a foreign entity: I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, so help me God.
  18. Same as done by many in the USA. Thinking and questioning the way things are is too much for many people in all nationalities.
  19. Could not have happened to a better bloke. Odious little turd.
  20. It's not so much the average but what is happening at peak times. Your 5/15 is calibrated at 5 amps. You are most likely well above that for hours at a time. The question is: Do you want your energy measured with something calibrated for 5 amps or 15 amps?
  21. Cant you just sense how much they want to work for the benefit of the people.
  22. But there is no substitute in creating conformists with a pro military mindset
  23. But the uniforms are far more important than the education! They are the start of the indoctrination process.
  24. It comes down to the Ampher, some may accept any translation. Most appear to want an MFA certified translation. Coincidently, I did end up with a wrong translation. After I got Marriage documents (which contain MFA certified translation), The Ampher pointed out that my name on my chanote had actually been translated wrong, and needed to be changed. It took 5 mins at land office to change but could have caused problems later if not changed.
  1. Load more activity