All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. But there's no money in letting kids do healthy stuff like on the playground...
  3. https://www.belaws.com/thailand/reduce-alcohol-taxes/ i read this with interest the other day.
  4. Wow, really surprising news. He was not I'll? Scandalous 😂
  5. Having ridden a smaller bike for many many years here I find cars and trucks often pass me too close. Particularly impatient cars, pickups and mini-buses, who expect me to get into the gutter, so they can undertake.
  6. If the shop give you spot price for Thai gold (96.5%/23K) when selling 99.99% 24K gold walk away, it's not like they don't know what they are and will happily sell 24k gold for a premium calculating what price should be paid over the spot price will seem difficult, if all you know is the spot price for Thai gold per baht weight and the 24k bullion you have is in grams but the Thai gold traders association that set the price each day actually has a reference price for 99.99gold per gram https://www.goldtraders.or.th/DailyPrices.aspx
  7. Simple answer is No! Two totally different departments with no links.
  8. Yes, legalise today, and close them all down tomorrow. Nothing like thinking things through.
  9. Kids with nothing better to do... Hey parents, come and pick up your spawn and put them to work in the rice paddies. Machines work the rice paddies now!
  10. Think any Tax, will be collected by the plod on the night.
  11. Going to have to disagree with the 'appears intelligent'. The PM also forgets to mention that it will take years to build and open the billion-dollar plus Integrated Resorts they have in mind, so 'the economy' won't get any benefit for years. The proposed tax rates are actually competitive but it's years away. Plus they want one mega-project in each region.
  12. That is a pity, especially for those passengers who have started to rely on the service. Whilst the trains are proven in service elsewhere, this is the first time a Thai company has constructed a monorail guideway system. will be interesting to see what the actual problem is and whether it affects the Pink Line, using the same rolling stock/guideway system as well.
  13. True that you always have the most insightful postings and we here appreciate that. Beach has to eventually stop his Fox News recteric. My bet is come November the 5th he might decide it is time to look at some other news sources as his tribe is long forgotten then.
  14. Obviously you are right, but... I remember I read somewhere that every Thai office girl knows exactly where on the rank of white to black she is in her own office. And she knows the rank of every other girl on that scale. I thought that is stupid. But just to be sure I talked with a few office girls about that. And they all confirmed that they know exactly who is a little whiter or a little darker in the office. Unbelievable, but true. I didn't ask the gogo girls if they also do this. But I wouldn't be surprised. I know one cashier who sold illegal whitening cream. It seems that was a lucrative business for her.
  15. You claimed that you saw a queue at a PTT station, which is IN Thailand, so I called your bluff. You responded by posting a video in Australia which compounded your falsehood. I’m sorry I called your bluff for all to see. There! I apologised. Would an EVangelist, even when right, ever apologise to a non-believer? That’s proof positive that EV owners are not EVangelists lol.
  16. Kids with nothing better to do... Hey parents, come and pick up your spawn and put them to work in the rice paddies. Idle hands etc...
  17. Yet here you are mixing words with farang. Bob's given us a laugh. I bet snobs like you have chuckled at his posts.
  18. Presnock

Allergies

I realize after the COVID era experience with masks is not a popular subject. However if one reads this forum regularly they have seen the same figures I have about the local medical facilities that have been treating pollution-caused illnesses - (i.e. 30 million last year and to date this year 650K in the first two months of 2024). I have lived in capital cities around the world famous for pollution and since I was there assigned by the US govt, was visited by US doctors that check air pollution, drinking water availability, et al. and when interviewed by the doctor was asked about outside exercising. I was a "runner" for 50 years so the doctors always told me to wear an N95 surgical mask while jogging to block most of the 2.5 micron dust. Therefore when COVID arrived, I was already wearing my mask whenever I went ouitside, especially here in Thailand (all of SEA, S Asia & China) due to the air pollution. Each year we face the "burning season"...I recall flying from BKK to NKP in the planting season, not able to see the ground at all due to the smoke from all the fires. But, each year we hear the govt claiming to be fighting this "burning season" and it just seems to be getting worse instead of better. Besides folks suggestions about putting air purifiers in all rooms of one's abode, wearing an N95 surgical mask should be worn whenever going outside in my opinion and that of many doctors. Since normally, health problems caused by the pollution don't appear immediately in many cases, it seems folks just ignore any possible self-solution activities. My opinion based on the conversations with doctors and reading about pollution and masks on the internet with comments from doctors and scientists. It all comes down to what one is willing to take charge of to prevent damage from the pollution.
  19. Have to agree with that. Wonder if they'll be registering the one in our village for tax purposes?
  1. Load more activity