All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We've got to hit the Nazis, and hit them hard. World War Two was fought to remove the Nazis. And we'ill do it again if need be. We don't want this man's ideas coming back.
  3. I read there has been an addition. B.S. is coming on board.
  4. I also would use SWIFT, no question. As far as I am aware, it is unclear if a an FET can be obtained using Wise, there is no question that it can, when using SWIFT.
  5. Yes , there must be a lot of second hand markets in Pattaya ,I have been meaning to go to the second hand auctions
  6. Agree but I'm sure some of the members will find something to complain about.
  7. No disagreement in that he behaved like a thug. In my experience and reading, "thug" has normally referenced a criminal type, especially who is part of a group or gang. That's why I referred to the punks in this report as thugs and referred to the Swiss guy simply as an idiot. But yes, he was behaving thuggish for sure.
  8. Russian Man Dies, His Wife Slightly Injured, in Motorbike Crash in Karon, Phuket By Goongnang Suksawat Karon –An intoxicated Russian rider was pronounced dead at the scene while his Russian passenger, his wife, sustained injuries after a motorbike crash in Karon on Wednesday morning (April 17th) which marked the first death of the Songkran Seven Days Road Safety Campaign. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325325-russian-man-dies-his-wife-slightly-injured-in-motorbike-crash-in-karon-phuket/
  9. From what I've seen online I believe it's doable. Closer to beach areas rent goes up.
  10. If i wanted some golf shirts i might go to the market for Adidas etc, usually very good quality, other than that i avoid, i dislike slow walking people getting in the way. I buy off Lazada almost every day, much prefer online. BTW second hand furniture market on Soi Ko Pai
  11. Have you tried Berrer? https://www.berrerbrand.com/หมวดสินค้า-10-ยีนส์-=-หมวดย่อย,118
  12. It depends on what the DTA says, the EU has a separate DTA to the US, you will need to check yours, in all probability the answer will be the same..
  13. Maybe a trainee building up experience
  14. Read Tomaz's posts on this thread, they are the best "Type 2 is insulin resistance. Meaning there is insulin in the body, but cells can't use it to absorb glucose from blood. Again, while sugar and carbohydrates cause spikes in glucose, they are not the main reason for insulin resistance, which often can be reversed (increasing insulin sensitivity), and there are several quite successful programs for it, which include cutting out fats, blaming them for "clogging" cells and therefore starving them of energy. Type 2 diabetes patients are generally very slim, although they consume large amount of foods. Improving sensitivity to insulin can lower the glucose levels without medication, although it requires significant lifestyle changes, where many people rather take medication like Metmorfin, or even resort to insulin injection" Although type 2 patients are not generally very thin, generally they are overweight
  15. I neither speak nor read nor write Thai but as I was intrigued by the question I asked Google Gemini and I don't know if its answer is of any help: " There isn't a single perfect term in Thai that captures the full meaning of "shelf wear." However, here are a few options depending on the specific nuance you want to convey: ร่องรอยจากการหยิบวาง (róng rói dtaak yahk hip waang): This translates literally to "marks/traces from picking up and placing down." This emphasizes the wear caused by repeated handling. ความเสียหายจากการจัดเก็บ (kwaamเสียหาย dtaak yahk jad kéep): This translates to "damage from storage." This focuses on the damage caused by improper storage conditions. รอยสึกหรอ (rói seuk ró): This is a general term for wear and tear. While not specific to shelves, it can be understood in that context. สภาพ (sa-paap): This translates to "condition." You could use it with a descriptive phrase, for example: สภาพเสื่อมโทรมจากการจัดเก็บ (sa-paap seu tom dtaak yahk jad kéep) - "condition deteriorated from storage."
  16. Songkran called a world class tourist event the other day, hundreds die and are maimed every year, drunken driving the main cause, I stay well away from it, they cannot control it and I feel sorry for the people who lose loved ones because of this senseless event.
  17. I knew it wouldn't be too long before the tag team leader in chief showed up! Re: Guesses vs Facts: read the introduction, read the caveats, read what the Simple Guide says it is....nowhere does it say everything is fact, grow up for gods sake. Why ever on earth you don't contribute to the guide and help people instead of constantly trying to undermine its usefulness or get it closed down, is unfathomable. I quote: "What this guide will provide is, A STARTING POINT for readers to manage their own tax affairs, and it will also provide links to many of the answers for those with simple tax affairs, especially the average pensioner". Re: Separate Thread: We every comfortably had our own thread until your mob barged in and destroyed it with long rambling posts about Australian tax and refused to leave. We've already had this discussion, you know what you did. You do not get to dictate who posts what where in this this forum or who contributes to it. The fact that you want to organise things in a way that suits you is disturbing.
  18. As a reminder, here's the list of incidents on Koh Tao in the last 20 years or so..... List of some of the deaths rapes etc. on Koh Tao. It isn’t necessarily complete but it gives some idea of the situation there. 2002 – Viret Asaiachin shot dead in broad daylight – an organised crime like assassination. Japanese tourist died after drinking game 2004- The case is of a woman named Yoshie “Sharlyn” Sazawa that lived on the island for 12 years and worked as a scuba instructor before her untimely death. Put down to suicide. 2006 – SAMUI - as missing 21-year-old backpacker Katherine Horton, from a small town near Cardiff. Beaten into submission with a parasol on Samui's Lamai beach the previous evening, Horton had been raped twice before being left to drown in the sea near to the resort where she had been staying - https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2006/apr/08/travelnews.weekendmagazine American engineer Kris Perkins, who's been running a bar in the main beach resort of Chaweng since 2003. He was critically injured when he was shot twice by a Thai gangster after remonstrating with rowdy party-goers at a guesthouse above his bar. It is clear that at least earlier in this century, Samui itself suffered from the same “gangster-style” shootings rapes and murders. Surely as the island became more and more populated those sorts of “chao por” moved back to other islands 2012 - Ben Harrington,32, died when he crashed during a moped ride – allegedly robbed 2013 - Tony Cordullo - owner of the Lotus bar 2014 - Nick Pearson, 25, from the UK. On New Year’s Day in 2014, he was found floating in a bay beneath a 15m cliff. He had no broken bones. Police ruled out foul play but his family believe he was murdered. 2014 - Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, from the UK. In September 2014, the couple were found bludgeoned to death close to where they were staying. Ms Witheridge had been raped. Two Burmese bar workers were found guilty of their murders the following year and sentenced to death. 2016 - Luke Miller, from the Isle of Wight, was reportedly found floating in a pool on the island. 2015 - Dimitri Povse, 29, from France. On New Year’s Day in 2015, he was found hanging in a bungalow. Police ruled his death a suicide but couldn’t explain why his hands were tied behind his back. 2015 - Christina Annesley, 23, from the UK and born in New Zealand. In January 2015, she was said to have died of natural causes after mixing antibiotics with alcohol. No toxicology report was conducted. Her family are suspicious. 2015 - Valentina Novozhyonova, 23, from Russia. In March 2015, she vanished from her hostel, with her mobile phone, passport and camera left behind. She is still missing. 2016 - Luke Miller, 24, from the UK. In January 2016, he was found at the bottom of a swimming pool at the Sunset Bar at Sairee Beach. His family has accused police of a cover-up. 2016 - Luke Miller, from the Isle of Wight, was reportedly found floating in a pool on the island. 2017 - Elise Dallemagne, 30, of Belgium. In April 2017, she was found hanged in the jungle. Questions surround her death. - Police said Belgian tourist Elise Dallemagne committed suicide on Koh Tao but her family believe otherwise 2018 - June 2018 - German Bernd Grotsch's body was found at his home deep in the jungle in the Mae Haad part of Koh Tao. He had recently returned to the island after building up a motorbike rental business. 2018 – August – alleged drug rape of a British teenager. Cops refused to investigate, then threatened to prosecute her for leaving the island 2018 - October 9, 2018 - Alexandr Bucspun, 33, from Moldova, was found dead in the sea off Had Sai Ree on Koh Tao on Tuesday,. 2018 - 17/12/2018 - Rocio Leticia Gomez 39 from Argentina was lost at sea, rescued but died 4 days later. Another tragedy kept quiet!! 2019 - June– Samyak Choudhray – drowned whilst snorkelling 2020 a tourist was attacked with a knife by a well-known character of the island 2021 - A millionaire hotel tycoon and his wife have been found dead in a luxury resort on Koh Tao, colloquially known as Death Island. 2023 - Nicholas Giblin passed away in his sleep. This is probably true. He was apparently a perfectly healthy person with no known illnesses. But his death has highlighted the problem of Koh Tao, which now has a reputation and the local police do nothing to alleviate this.
  19. Karon –An intoxicated Russian rider was pronounced dead at the scene while his Russian passenger, his wife, sustained injuries after a motorbike crash in Karon on Wednesday morning (April 17th) which marked the first death of the Songkran Seven Days Road Safety Campaign. The Karon Police told the Phuket Express that they were notified of the accident 6:00 A.M. at a curve on the Patak Road in Karon. Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the motorbike in a ditch off the road. The rider was later identified by police as Mr. PAVEL URIADOVA, 40, a Russian national, who was found dead nearby. By Goongnang Suksawat Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  20. Yes for me the secondhand markets but I can't see anything entertaining walking around say the night bazaar in Pattaya with everyone selling the same thing
  21. Why dont you saw 6 inches off your legs.
  1. Load more activity