BANGKOK 21 May 2019 07:24

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. "Dual citizenship" isn't really legal in the States. It's more of a "don't ask - don't tell" proposition. When a foreign national takes the oath of citizenship, part of that oath states that they hold hold allegiance a foreign entity: I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, so help me God.
  3. Same as done by many in the USA. Thinking and questioning the way things are is too much for many people in all nationalities.
  4. Could not have happened to a better bloke. Odious little turd.
  5. It's not so much the average but what is happening at peak times. Your 5/15 is calibrated at 5 amps. You are most likely well above that for hours at a time. The question is: Do you want your energy measured with something calibrated for 5 amps or 15 amps?
  6. Cant you just sense how much they want to work for the benefit of the people.
  7. But there is no substitute in creating conformists with a pro military mindset
  8. But the uniforms are far more important than the education! They are the start of the indoctrination process.
  9. It comes down to the Ampher, some may accept any translation. Most appear to want an MFA certified translation. Coincidently, I did end up with a wrong translation. After I got Marriage documents (which contain MFA certified translation), The Ampher pointed out that my name on my chanote had actually been translated wrong, and needed to be changed. It took 5 mins at land office to change but could have caused problems later if not changed.
  10. No. It is the other way around. America can listen to your subversive activities on all of your devices. But they have a problem doing that to a Huawei device 'cos it lacks the back door.
  11. I also think that people get confused because their extension of stay is stamped on the Visa page of their passport.
  12. Where did you visit? I'm seriously considering other options as well. Thailand has gone down hill since the control freaks took over.
  13. The police have been recycling seized weed for years.
  14. Not a member of Facebook. Don't want to be such easy prey for the NSA.
  15. i sort of agree, i speak a bit of Thai reasonably well and while one Thai person will understand me another one will have no glue. i think a majority of them you meet on a day to day basis are pretty thick.
  16. Same thing happened in H.K. the mainland Chinese started coming over as tourists , then dropping ankle bitters, it became such a problem that the locals had a struggle getting a bed to drop their own , basically because of the privilege abuse , H.K. had to ban anyone from the mainland traveling, that were preggers or refused admission into the matty ward and sent back home.
  17. Link the AmEmb article is where? I don't see it on the embassy web site and I have not received email alert from American Citizen Services. Only place I see this "avisory" is the Phuket news.
  18. Both good ideas. One last one if I can sneak it in, earlier to OP you mention 'An average load of 3.5kW is a lot for a 5/15 supply'. - What average load should one look at before the switch from 5/15 to 15/45 is necessary? Assuming I'm at 800units (and that I understand the math) that's about 1kwh average.
  19. Quiet, he's still sleeping or in a coma.
  20. Trump has made a career out of lawsuits. At the time he took office, he was involved in 3,600 lawsuits. Probably the most litigious man, ever to walk the earth. Most of those lawsuits were brought by small contractors who completed a job, did a job well, and were not paid. This is his M.O. He made his fortune on the backs of others. He never made an honest buck in his life. He has crippled thousands of families, and not lost a wink of sleep over it. That is just who he is. Good on this judge for what sounds like a reasonable ruling. There are a few reasons why he does not want these records released. 1. They may reveal fraud, with regard to the Deutsche Bank loans. The overinflation of property values, to qualify for the loans is a felony. 2. They will reveal that Trump is probably the least charitable billionaire in American history. 3. They may reveal personal enrichment from his now defunct foundation, which never engaged in charitable work, of any consequence. 4. They will reveal his continued criminal and unethical conduct, in black and white. 5. They will reveal that he has not paid taxes in decades. For a man who constantly claims to be a patriot, yet is anything but, this is not something he wants the public to see. 6. They will reveal that he is not nearly as rich as he claims. My guess is that when all of his hundreds of millions of dollars in debt is taken into account, he is not even a billionaire.
  21. Keyboards and computers are blistering at the TAT now. The staff works overtime to promote Pattaya as a world class climatic spa based on its very low impact of smoke from the sugar cane fields. The campaign will run under: "Pamper your lungs- inhale Pattaya!"
  22. Ok, so you don't yet understand that prostitution is illegal. It already is illegal. Got that? Next... Booze? I don't see how it benefits the country. One favorite thing about Malaysia is the lack of drunk tourists. So go ahead and ban liquid stupidity, all good with me. I'm weary of all the never-ending immigration hoops to jump through and will visit less as a result. The tougher immigration gets, the less I step foot in the country. But the country needs more of certain laws that are actually enforced. Like the burning nightmare in the north. No (enforced) laws against those who pollute the air guarantee I won't be back there any time soon...
  23. Agreed! On the same basis as earned Tri-Care global coverage. Obviously is already being done with Tri-care. Cheaper, world-class coverage here in Thailand. Until recently, Thailand has been promoting medical tourism and elderly care ... US extension of Medicare benefits would save the US provided Medicare system money. I know ... forget it. The US for-profit medical folks would certainly oppose.
  1. Load more activity