All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I've seen case where the business call for Bangkok Hospital ambulance when their customers needed one in their shop, only once they start to realize which hospital they're going to that they jumped out of the ambulance and ran off
  3. Your driving licence also may have an old passport number on it. It is not just the PP number that is needed, not all details are there. Sometimes they want to check Permission to Stay......
  4. It's the Thai air; he has risked further 'illness' by going to Chiang Mai.
  5. First of all, until the FINAL decree is approved and published in the Royal Gazette, EVERYTHING is just a rumor or possibility or however one wants to call it. I see the same questions over and over. There are 59 or 61 whichever you have read double taxation agreements between countries and Thailand. I for one only will read that of the US as that is the only one that pertains to me and my income and the US agreement with Thailand. If you are an ex-pat from some other country, I suggest you read your country's DTA with Thailand, after all you are the only one that understands what income you have and how it is affected within the DTA. I have also checked the Thai Revenue Department on a related issue - that of getting a Thai Tax ID number. That too is readily available on the internet and I suggest one read that too as I sure wouldn't want to mislead anyone. We have had several people do a lot of research on this issue, some have talked with "TAX experts", some embassies have held seminars which were available to some of the readers here and it basically still comes down to the fact that until the new regulations are officially reported, nothing is guaranteed. And even then, TIT and things might change immediately or with the next government. But, I am no longer going to repeat what I have read about this issue so good luck...3 more months and if one has been here the 1st 3months of this year, and is still here after June, then you are a tax resident and will be affected somewhat and maybe by then the Thai govt might publish something official. Good Luck. Got my LTR and know exactly where I CURRENTLY stand on this issue but...TIT.
  6. What a intelligent man More like what dick head Unbelievable he should of put his shoes on the barbie
  7. No..please before that...Send him to jail first... These Low cheap Scum, needed to be taught a good lesson... He is a cheap coward, I bet he dare not do this at home country... So be disrespectful. It's Ok... To do it in other countries.. A piece of gabbage and Cheap dirt..
  8. No, not really. Not any more. And historically never was. Founded on convicts & exiles NOT dreaming of Mother England.
  9. I agree that motorway signage is not the best. On a recent road trip from Pattaya to Chiang Mai it was observed that speed limits go up and down probably more often than a bar girls knickers on a Friday night. It was crazy, and then it all depends on what lane you're driving in as well. I had noted the U Turn area speed restriction (There is also a flashing amber light). So yes it's no wonder that we can get 'pinged' without purposely breaking the law. Just about need eyes in the back of your head.
  10. Have a friend in Adelaide who says the dream of owning a home for first home buyers has become out of reach. They are looking at prices starting at around $500,000 and up. Sydney and Melbourne even higher.
  11. But there's no money in letting kids do healthy stuff like on the playground...
  12. https://www.belaws.com/thailand/reduce-alcohol-taxes/ i read this with interest the other day.
  13. Wow, really surprising news. He was not I'll? Scandalous 😂
  14. Having ridden a smaller bike for many many years here I find cars and trucks often pass me too close. Particularly impatient cars, pickups and mini-buses, who expect me to get into the gutter, so they can undertake.
  15. If the shop give you spot price for Thai gold (96.5%/23K) when selling 99.99% 24K gold walk away, it's not like they don't know what they are and will happily sell 24k gold for a premium calculating what price should be paid over the spot price will seem difficult, if all you know is the spot price for Thai gold per baht weight and the 24k bullion you have is in grams but the Thai gold traders association that set the price each day actually has a reference price for 99.99gold per gram https://www.goldtraders.or.th/DailyPrices.aspx
  16. Simple answer is No! Two totally different departments with no links.
  17. Yes, legalise today, and close them all down tomorrow. Nothing like thinking things through.
  18. Kids with nothing better to do... Hey parents, come and pick up your spawn and put them to work in the rice paddies. Machines work the rice paddies now!
  19. Think any Tax, will be collected by the plod on the night.
  20. Going to have to disagree with the 'appears intelligent'. The PM also forgets to mention that it will take years to build and open the billion-dollar plus Integrated Resorts they have in mind, so 'the economy' won't get any benefit for years. The proposed tax rates are actually competitive but it's years away. Plus they want one mega-project in each region.
  21. That is a pity, especially for those passengers who have started to rely on the service. Whilst the trains are proven in service elsewhere, this is the first time a Thai company has constructed a monorail guideway system. will be interesting to see what the actual problem is and whether it affects the Pink Line, using the same rolling stock/guideway system as well.
  1. Load more activity