BANGKOK

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. OK now I've figured out why the 7-Eleven girl gave me 4 straws for my can of coke after having spent the whole day on the beach.
  3. Eh? £500-1000 Where do you get that from? You get a solicitor to sign the back, get it legalised in Milton Keynes then stamped at the Thai Embassy in London. https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised £30 plus postage. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/81905-Legalisation.html £10 plus postage. RAZZ
  4. Coincidentally, I'm currently talking to a broker about April. I'm seeking clarification on the clause below. He told me that it is a "paper rule" needed because the policy is being used in Thailand. I pointed out that he is actually saying that company has the right to increase the premium based on health history, but they won't exercise that right. I've also asked what is the current approved rate referred to in the clause. He is contacting April for clarification. 13. Premium adjustment In case of renewal, the Company reserves the right to adjust the premium in accordance with the age and risk profile of the covered person(s), and the premium adjusted must be within the approved rate by the Insurance Commissioner. The Company must also give prior written notice to the Insured.
  5. Boxing is already a sublimation of the urge to violence that is written by evolution in a portion of the population's genes. Boxing is a controlled outlet. To remove every element of risk is to defeat the point. The really tough guys want to risk their lives and if they don't do in the boxing ring they will do it on the streets. You can't emasculate society completely, and shouldn't try.
  6. 4% up from Thursday last week. Was 37.2 up to 39.2. Why does anyone use other sources than XE.com?
  7. Don't you know? They come to watch the cricket!
  8. https://www.mic.com/articles/91071/how-the-british-screwed-up-the-middle-east-in-10-classic-cartoons
  9. That's a luxury most can't afford. Buy a new $50,000 Nissan Leaf in Australia. If the batteries peg out, the buyer is facing a replacement bill of $33,000. Don't think it would be much cheaper in Thailand. Depreciation on electric vehicles is horrendous, that's why no-one is buying them.
  10. What ever happened to consistency? First it was the "visitor" Then it was the landlord Now everyone gets fined. Did they mention the various apps that are meant to make this fiasco easier?
  11. No price tag,or wrapping,no problem Arriving -maybe some questions asked Departure- cant see you having any trouble Show them some photos Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
  12. Really? Maybe a few % points fluctuating on Live Rates but Oanda show it as a straight increase. What source are you using?
  13. Yes, thousands, but they would all be termed deflections, off-topic, but-but-but, ad nausea
  14. What is he hiding behind the black core-flute that looks to have been hastily put in place?
  15. Correct. Any new car from a large company is going to be designed by computer, which is why they all look the same. Might be some difference in seating layout, and carrying capacity, but if you know what you want it for that can be simply ascertained by looking in one. Fuel economy and power etc are published in the specs. Just go for one that you like sitting in from a company that gives the best deal, servicing etc. PS I hate all new cars as they are identical soul less plastic <deleted> that can't be fixed by us anymore. The only difference is the badge and some of the plastic on the body. I have a 28 year old Honda Civic that I love. Still goes like a charm.
  16. That sounds like a smart idea! Thanks for that. I also have never been hassled at airport customs ANYWHERE I've ever travelled, including when I first travelled to Thailand with my bike as a tourist a couple of years ago. My concern though is that I think Customs may view somebody with a Tourist visa in a different light than somebody with a long-stay visa since it is obvious they are here for a short period. Furthermore, considering my trip will only be for a week, I think that's another red flag for Customs. I'm not sure what the duty tax would be on a 180,000 baht bike...but I certainly do not want to find out! Sanctimonious...THAT'S the word I was trying to think of when I replied to that poster LOL! There seems to be a lot of those types on this forum Hahaha!
  17. It's not burning. If it burns you're doing it wrong. Paraquat also need petroleum. Like I said I don't expect old farmer to change their way. It will happen anyway and I put my money where my mouth is.
  18. Today I passed near the Dark red line along the Don Mueang tollway. Currently some work on the track doing some installation of wires but not the actual ones for supplying the electricity to the train. Any information when the first trials are about to start? Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  19. I get confused every time I open my email. I'm working on four different colours in BKK plus a couple of systems offshore all with subtly different terminology (e.g. TIM, TVM, TMM, POM are all basically the same machine). Is it any surprise I sometimes get it wrong, usually in a management meeting of course
  20. I was just going to say the same thing Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  21. I don't know the answer to this myself but when I buy my next car, I will be looking for one with a better ride height. If your area is prone to flooding the last thing you want is water flowing into your new car because its too low, especially if it's your only car. It would also be easier to get into and out of.
  1. Load more activity