" Thailand Unforgettable" Campaign To Be Dropped

george

"Thailand Unforgettable" campaign to be dropped

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will drop its recently launched "Thailand Unforgettable" publicity campaign and resume the previous "Amazing Thailand" campaign, the agency's governor, Phornsiri Mahoharn, said Thursday.

He said the new campaign, initially intended to run for at least three years, was being withdrawn because it had received a poorer reception from the private sector. The decision is also in line with the sufficiency economics the government is using to save funds.

Phornsiri said TAT would relaunch the "Amazing Thailand" campaign at the annual Asia Travel Forum at the end of the month in Singapore.

-- The Nation 2007-01-11

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 2006 will be unforgettable, but based on what happened, it might be best to forget it and not remind people about it.

===========================================

Until the government of Thailand can rectify the errors of their ways with specific regards to the Foreign Biz. Law, the ludricous Visa-Laws and the absurd Farang-House/Land-Ownership issues, more and more Frarang would prefer to think of Thailand as "FORGETTABLE THAILAND" and take their hard-earned cash elsewhere.

:o

JK/Pattaya

Until the government of Thailand can rectify the errors of their ways with specific regards to the Foreign Biz. Law, the ludricous Visa-Laws and the absurd Farang-House/Land-Ownership issues, more and more Frarang would prefer to think of Thailand as "FORGETTABLE THAILAND" and take their hard-earned cash elsewhere.

People have been saying that for years, but they're still here. Thats why it won't change. Governments notice action, not whinging.

Well 2006 will be unforgettable, but based on what happened, it might be best to forget it and not remind people about it.

===========================================

:o

JK/Pattaya

you took the words right out of my mouth, well said and agree

The decision is also in line with the sufficiency economics the government is using to save funds.

There's some classic spin for ya. Now they have to reprint all of their campaign literature using the new slogan, create new ads, etc. This sounds like nothing more than yet another move by the TAT to line the pockets of those appropriately connected. :o

People have been saying that for years, but they're still here. Thats why it won't change. Governments notice action, not whinging.

Well said Vic...100% spot on

The few Western genuine tourists that I have met (i.e. Westerners actually touring round Thailand) do find it amazing that they can so easily get to see how the local people live and work and have their being.

So many countries shunt all overseas visitors onto a so-called 'tourist trail', which means that tourists don't get insight into the true life of the country, and it is very hard to break free from it.

Actually the vast majority of holiday visitors get tourist visas but don't do any touring. They just stay in one resort town.

But the really amazing thing is that Thailand has (as yet) let Westerners who are poor by western standards come and stay as de-facto residents on a series of back-to-back tourist visas.

I don't know if there are other countries that do that, but certainly the other three that I know well (UK, Nepal, and Singapore) don't.

But the really amazing thing is that Thailand has (as yet) let Westerners who are poor by western standards come and stay as de-facto residents on a series of back-to-back tourist visas.

I don't know if there are other countries that do that, but certainly the other three that I know well (UK, Nepal, and Singapore) don't.

Mexico does and its a more apt comparison to Thailand than two of the countries you list. So does India although staying there long-term is a little more complicated than Mexico.

"Thailand Unforgettable" campaign to be dropped

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will drop its recently launched "Thailand Unforgettable" publicity campaign and resume the previous "Amazing Thailand" campaign, the agency's governor, Phornsiri Mahoharn, said Thursday.

He said the new campaign, initially intended to run for at least three years, was being withdrawn because it had received a poorer reception from the private sector. The decision is also in line with the sufficiency economics the government is using to save funds.

Phornsiri said TAT would relaunch the "Amazing Thailand" campaign at the annual Asia Travel Forum at the end of the month in Singapore.

-- The Nation 2007-01-11

Well...I think it is really appropriate word...AMAZING...So much amazing that sometimes we think it can't be true... :o ...I hope in campaign they will say about ability to accept differences about culture and traiditons,CUSTOMS-as they prefer to say,which troubled us so many times...Also,one day maybe,even in some next life :D maybe they will understand what mean to pay respect to that one who is giving a lot of money here as a tourist...Maybe,one day,they will not be so arogant to trying all the time to force us to accept their rules so, maybe, one day they will learn what mean word TOURISM and how much is important to INVEST in that and not only money but to be ready to respect us as visitors,guests who should say to the friends to come here also,to recomend this country to our people(which is most cheapest advertising) as a country where differences between our and their customs respected...Maybe they will understand our understanding of Thailand is not based on cable tv comercials,advertising but on real life we living here...Maybe...one day...who knows...In this life - i doubt they wil be able to understand what word developing mean...Maybe one day we will wake up and will be pleasantly surprised with positive changes here,as benefit for all of us together...TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...

Funny how "Amazing" sounds more positive than "Unforgettable"! Ah, the subtleties of English! Were TAT ever aware of this? Perhaps not, and so once again 'TIT'!

I hope they pulp the "Unforgettable" publicity and recycle it to create "Amazing Thailand!" literature; somehow I doubt the authorities have the time to 'Think Green'!

Welcome back Amazing Thailand!

Best news in a long time, and its the one word that really sums up the place.

Few policy hiccouchs along the way but hey, Thailand is still amazing, fun and freindly to live in, whatever happens at government level.

Im all in favour and think its a great move. Give credit where its due.