Tabian Baan Blue And Yellow Books

Hi, I have read a few threads about the tabian baan but am really none the wiser about what it is really for.

My understanding, please tell me if I am mistaken, is that it details the owner and any residents.

As a farang, I have been told that I cannot be entered in the blue book but must have my own yellow book.

Does the yellow book detail that a farang is the owner of the house?

I ask because at the end of the year we, Thai wife and myself, will start to build a house.

As all the funds are mine I would like myself to be 'the owner of the house' and wonder if the yellow book details the owner of the house?

I know that I do not own the land and intend to go the lease or usufruct route on that one.

Thanks for reading, Andy.

After I transferred my land and property to my wife and obtained my lifetime usufruct, the tabian Bahn on my (ex) property was transferred into my wife's name and I then proceeded to apply for a yellow house book.

This was a very long and drawn out affair, and entailed a number of trips to the Banglamung Amphur offfices, plus getting some documents issued by the British embassy in Bangkok, translated and stamped up by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

We got there in the end, and I am now the proud owner of my very own Yellow 'House ' book.

The question is, what do I use it for?

Can I use it as evidence of residence for immigration, renewing driving licences, opening new bank accounts, getting acontract mobile phone etc., and other similar Thai matters? Or do I still need the standard embassy letter?

Frankly I'm not sure it's of any use at all, now I've got it.

I did ask Sunbelt by email, way back last year, but am still awaiting a response. Maybe they don't know either. :o

Thanks very much for the replies

After I transferred my land and property to my wife and obtained my lifetime usufruct, the tabian Bahn on my (ex) property was transferred into my wife's name

Do you mind me asking if the tabian bahn was previously in anyones name? Were you included in it?

We got there in the end, and I am now the proud owner of my very own Yellow 'House ' book.

How are you listed in the yellow book, resident, spouse?

Thanks again.

Hi, I have read a few threads about the tabian baan but am really none the wiser about what it is really for.

My understanding, please tell me if I am mistaken, is that it details the owner and any residents.

As a farang, I have been told that I cannot be entered in the blue book but must have my own yellow book.

I ask because at the end of the year we, Thai wife and myself, will start to build a house.

As all the funds are mine I would like myself to be 'the owner of the house' and wonder if the yellow book details the owner of the house?

I know that I do not own the land and intend to go the lease or usufruct route on that one.

I spent 7 weeks getting the yellow Tabien Baan. Immigration didn't care to look at it when renewing my visa, the department that issues driving licenses didn't care to look at it, the police department didn't care to look at it so...it seems to be useless at this time and just sits in the drawer waiting for someone that asks for it.

Maybe, down the road when I apply for PR it may come in handy.

rgds

The tabian Bahn used to be in the name of my company which used to own the house and land.

It became a total farce because the name of the company was my first name with 'Developments Ltd" after it, and everyone accepted the tabian bahn as my proof of residence etc. when I opened bank accounts and did other things, even though my name was never in it.

The company has now been closed and the tabian bahn has my wife's name as head of the household.

As far as I can decipher, the yellow book just provides full details of who I am and where I am residing. It does not state my status in Thailand - i.e. what my rseidence status is, or whether I am married, retired etc.

Somtham's experience is the same as my own. I'm not sure that it's worth the time trouble and money to obtain one, unless someone can come up with a good reason. :o

It matches my Monday shirt nicely though :D

• 2 years later...

Hi There

I heard yesterday that from 1st oct 09 you will be able to have your details put on the BLUE BOOK along with your Thai spouse as 50-50 and it's going to be free to do.

Anyone know anything about this rumour??

Thanks

By the way, in the yellow book is your name and your adress. Nothing else. You need it at least to buy a car or a bike in YOUR name.

I have never had a yellow book, or blue for that matter, and I have a car registered in my name, and a bank account and a credit card and a.........

By the way, in the yellow book is your name and your adress. Nothing else. You need it at least to buy a car or a bike in YOUR name.

I have never had a yellow book, or blue for that matter, and I have a car registered in my name, and a bank account and a credit card and a.........

Same, Same got all of the above before I even heard of a yellow book. My wife (farang also) wants one, just in case? We have already had all the required translations done and will take them to the minister of foreign affairs next trip to BKK.

Then we will have a yellow book to go with our blue book. Hope they don't come up with a black or green book. My wife has a thing for books. :)

In July I bought a new Honda scooter (Sonic!) and I have it in my name too!

Required the residence certificate from immigration at Nan which I applied for on my extension and re-entry permit run in May.

Surprised how easy it was!, wish I had done the pick up truck in 07, but was a newbie so its in TW name!!.

With every car comes a book. Translate it and you will see that you are not the owner.
It doesn't need translation. It has my name clearly written in English on it.

Also, my name in English in the book, my name in English on the insurance.

Sorry Loverboy, on this account you are clearly wrong or misinformed.

What is actually required for a "yellow book" application?

Correct visa for a start one would imagine. Ownership of a condo? Minimum number of years in Thailand on the correct visa and extensions?

As samran states only a PR or Thai national can obtain a "blue book".

Can it/is it to be used as a defacto ID card?

Edited by david96

To answer part of the original question

Tabian Baan Blue And Yellow Books, Details of Farang House Ownership inside?

I have 2 blue books for 2 condos that I own and neither of them has my name in it as owner or anything else (my name is on the Chanote as owner).

However one of them did have the name of the Thai person that was previously living in it, but not the name of the previous Farang owner.

Tabien Baan or yellow book does not state who the owner is, only who resides in the property. The first resident in tabien Baan is master of the house, and does not need to be the owner (even if your wife can continue to belive so).

To become the owner of the house you must get buildingpermit in your name, and to do that you normally need a lease or usufruct for the land its build on. Several threads how to do this already. Good luck

Edited by katabeachbum

It would appear that the yellow book is for a foreigners who is the housemaster of a condo or residential

property, (own or lease/rent). Would list persons normally resident at that address.

The blue book would be for Thai nationals and foreigners with permanent resident status. PR.

I think this was the real question that was asked. Correct?

Tabien Baan or yellow book does not state who the owner is, only who resides in the property. The first resident in tabien Baan is master of the house, and does not need to be the owner (even if your wife can continue to belive so).

To become the owner of the house you must get buildingpermit in your name, and to do that you normally need a lease or usufruct for the land its build on. Several threads how to do this already. Good luck

Not totally true,

When I got my yellow book, I was added as the Master of the house.

When I went to get my 5 year drivers permit renewed, I showed them my yellowbook, and the lady explained at it only ment I was the master of the house, nothing more. So Book was good for nothing!

Same day I went back to my Amphor and asked to be put as the owner of the house.

2 min later book was corrected and I was now the owner of the building.

I didn't have a building permint to build my home, Just a contract in my name with the builder.

I then returned to the transportation branch and finished my 5 year renewal, without the need of my wife.(copy of her ID and blue book)

Last week I went to open an account with Bangkok bank

They told me I needed my wifes House book and someone to guaranty me.

I handed them my Yellowbook, and my drivers licience, Lady flipped open book, looked showed her boss and they said they now didn't need my wife or her Blue book or a guaranty.

So you may not need a buiding permint to get put as owner of the home in your yellowbook.

There are two option only.

Master of home

Owner of home.

For being added,

Atleast in my Amphor

From what I have learned trying to use my Yellowbiik is.....If your added as the Master then the yellowbook is not realy good for much.

Good fan on a hot day.

So the real purpose of the yellow and blue books (tabien baan) is proof for the Thai government agencies

that you live at a particular address, and if the book is in your name, that you are the housemaster.

Ownership of property will be on the title deed of the property and would be registered.

Correct?

And you would not be in Thailand on a tourist visa.

So the real purpose of the yellow and blue books (tabien baan) is proof for the Thai government agencies

that you live at a particular address, and if the book is in your name, that you are the housemaster.

Ownership of property will be on the title deed of the property and would be registered.

Correct?

Ownership of the land is in the land title deed, Nors Sor 3 Gor or Chanote.

Normally the owner of the land is also the owner of the house. Its possible to avoid this by having a lease or usufruct registered on the title deed and have buildingpermit issued in your name.

Registering in tabien baan or yellow book is not needed, and does not make anyone the owner of house. Only a buildingpermit does.

The yellow book is good to have, among many purposes it replaces immigration or embassy issued Certificate of Recidense, needed for registration of vehicles, opening bank account or getting thai creditcard.

<snip>

Why?

You can buy a condo on a tourist visa (even on a 30 day entry stamp) and are entitled to a yellow book as owner.

Or is there a visa requirement to issue the yellow book?

What is the criteria for the issue of a "yellow book" by the Thai authorities and who issues the document.

What documents are required to apply for a "yellow book"

This information is what is required.