"photo Reportage Workshop" In Chiangrai

neung1973

"Photo Reportage workshop" Cartier-Bresson style By Nicolas Pascarel

At Alliance Franco-Thai Chiangrai , Thailand

1 to 5 July 2007 from 3.00 pm to 7.00 pm

Maximum number of participants: 12

Duration of the workshop: 5 days

The purpose of this five day workshop is to make an illustrated report about the city of Chiangrai in Cartier-Bresson's style. Bresson is considered the father of modern reporting photography. Each participant will be free to approach the subject as he or she wishes.

During the first five days, the workshop will be held outside, in the streets of Chiangrai. Each participant will be working on his or her own vision of the city. For this first period Nicolas Pascarel will follow each student personally. The teaching of general techniques such as lighting and framing will be adapted according to the specific needs of the students. We will examine the results in the Alliance Française facilities. A selection will then be made on the basis of ten photographs per student. The selected pictures will be printed and then show as a booklet commented during the completion of the report. All the works will be in an exhibition open to the public of Chiangrai. <script>

*Nicolas Pascarel is a professional photographer , author of many newspaper articles and personal exhibitions in France , Italy , Germany , Netherlands , Spain , Cuba , Vietnam , Kampuchea , Cambodia. Nicolas Pascarel is also the president of the cultural organization Foto Asia , whose purpose is to promote young photographers of Sout-East Asia.

www.pascarel.com

post-6305-1183122619_thumb.jpg

Several of the foreign residents of Chiang Rai (and the two Thai contributors) participating in the exhibition "Chiang Rai Through Foreign Eyes", shown first at the National Museum of Chiang Saen and now at the Rai Mae Fah Luang in Chiang Rai, are members of the photo club of the Alliance Francaise of Chiang Rai.

Nicolas Pascarel has organised workshops for this club before.

His last workshop however was last year at the Mae Fah Luang University about macro photography. Then more than hundred students participated. This time there is a limit of 12 participants. If you are interested don't wait too long. The workshop starts on Monday July first and is not fully booked yet.

Please see the topic on the Alliance Francaise of Chiang Rai for more information.

Limbo :o

Edited by Limbo

Hello , i'm Veronica and i'm the semi-official translator for the workshop.

Nicolas is talking in french , but i'm translating for everyone in english and thai.

Yesterday , the first day , we were in Alliance Francaise to look at some of Nicolas' work from Cuba , Cambodia and Vietnam. After that we watched a documentary about James Nachtwey , with some explanations by Nicolas.

Today we are going for a photo shooting in town.

Anyways , i'm going to be at the workshop for most of the times and Nicolas is going to give advice to students one by one while we are working. So basically i'll be walking around with him translating in whatever language you want , limited to thai , english and italian though.

If you wish to join us you are still in time , call Neung for info and details 0869161766

ill post a brief description of what we did tomorrow.