Internet Based Business

BerndK

Thanks everyone on the Forum here.

It is interesting to read in particular the topics on running/starting a business in Thailand.

Reading all the posts made it even clearer that I need to be living in Thailand for a while before I make any decision on any financial adventure.

A six months visa is easy to obtain and during those six months a lot of things can happen.

Electrical outlets close to internet connections are not a rare thing anywhere in the world anymore.

Having an income in dollars or other currency and having the money wire transferred to a bank account in Thailand would be my preferred method.

I would like to meet people who live already or are about moving to Thailand, and who are interested in discussing internet based business. Drop shipping, licensing a product or creating a product. My favorite option is to create a product. Selling Information is the option with the largest profit margin. I have an idea myself which still needs to be market tested.

A friend of mine is selling a book and e-books including videos on how to improve your Golf Swing. It took him one year of hard work and a good partnership but it pays off now. He learned how to market it well and the company had its first 6 digit gross income last month. Now he is translating it into German and is trying to expand to Germany.

A 20-50x markup is not unheard of.

Information products are low-cost, considerably fast to manufacture, and time-consuming for competitors to duplicate.

Anybody familiar with Timothy Ferris?

The fairly low cost of living (depending on location and lifestyle) and the pure pleasure of being able to live in my favorite country are wonderful prospects.....and to be able to maybe create a cash flow with an internet based business while being there is worth a shot.

"time-consuming for competitors to duplicate"

Are they though?

IP protection is not that strong in Asia and its not just Asians copying your product - other westerners just might too,

If nobody tries to copy the product, it's probably not that good to begin with.

In the case of my friend...he has a known Golfer teach the Golf swing on videos. He is paying him an ongoing royalty payment.

It may just be a little more diffecult to copy the teaching of a skill than taking a T-shirt design or a Nike Running shoe to a manufacturer and have them reproduce it.

Are they though?

IP protection is not that strong in Asia and its not just Asians copying your product - other westerners just might too,

In the case of my friend...he has a known Golfer teach the Golf swing on videos. He is paying him an ongoing royalty payment.

It may just be a little more diffecult to copy the teaching of a skill than taking a T-shirt design or a Nike Running shoe to a manufacturer and have them reproduce it.

Of course with a known golfer he has that as a competitive advantage

Are they though?

Of course with a known golfer he has that as a competitive advantage

Or what about the case of "NO Down Payment" Carlton Sheets. He advertised on TV as well. Sold his course in a binder with DVD's. He sold in one year.. 65 million dollars worth of information.

The guy who sold low-budget how-to DVD's ... $95.00.... and sold it to owners of storage facilities who wanted to install security systems. He sold them online and through magazines and made several hundred thousand dollars with no employees.

Oppurtunities are out there.

Actually after reading a lot of the threads here in the forum I believe there is some people here that could make why-not-to videos.

Why-not-to finance a Beauty Salon for my Bargirl girfriend for example. That would save some people a lot of trouble. And what's $99.00 for a DVD compared to thousands of dollars lost plus the headache and heartache. There is a market Niche.

• Like 1

Not a good example.... or a Nike Running shoe to a manufacturer and have them reproduce it..

Go to the 'Nike' Factory in Turkey and they make the genuine and the fake ones side by side..

I remember about 25 years ago on one of my first trips to Thailand.....I was wearing the German "Adidas" running shoes, which were fairly expensive in Germany. A street Vendor in Bangkok was selling the same exact shoes for a fraction of the Money, but they were called "Abibas".

Actually after reading a lot of the threads here in the forum I believe there is some people here that could make why-not-to videos.

Why-not-to finance a Beauty Salon for my Bargirl girfriend for example. That would save some people a lot of trouble. And what's $99.00 for a DVD compared to thousands of dollars lost plus the headache and heartache. There is a market Niche.

:o:D

It is funny this comment is coming up.

I am compiling information on what not to do & ways you are going to get shafted when dealing with SME size businesses in Thailand.

Many of the classic mistakes have been first-hand experience. :D

I am compiling information on what not to do & ways you are going to get shafted when dealing with SME size businesses in Thailand.

Will you be using the compilation for a book or website?

Sorry to hear that many of the experiences were first hand but that does seem to be the way to learn it.

Sometimes reading about other peoples experiences does help though and maybe prevent disasters.

Will you be using the compilation for a book or website?

Sorry to hear that many of the experiences were first hand but that does seem to be the way to learn it.

Sometimes reading about other peoples experiences does help though and maybe prevent disasters.

Don't be sorry. All businessmen make and learn from mistakes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Obviously it is best to have the "stupidity filter" turned on at most time though. :D

Many of my experiences you will find through various threads in this and business forum on TV.

However, to answer your question, haven't decided yet. Might be a fun rainy day project, or maybe in collaboration with a few others to produce a comical non-fiction guide to living and making it on your own in SE Asia from the non-retiree perspective.

Cheers,

Soundman. :D

• 2 weeks later...