Rubber Plantation

Rocket

Any members in the LOS involved or know anything about the do's / don't of a rubber plantation business. Cost of trees, time to produce rubber, best type of soil, etc....

Any information appreciated.

there is a rubber plantation on the Chom Pra-Satuk road just before you get to the Airport turn-off. Maybe you can ask there

Drove from Sawang Daen Din (Sakhon Nakon province) to Bueng Kan (Nong Kai province) earlier this year and saw many a rubber tree plantation. Don't know the in's and out's of growing rubber trees but do know that the government is actively encouraging farmers to go that way by giving away trees and assisting with advise. I tried to talk my GF's family into finding out everything about this scheme but to no avail. I would think there is better earnings involved when you compare rubber trees to rice farming.

My GF and her family have just started a rubber plantation near khemmarat. We buy the trees for 5 baht plus transport costs from Surat thani. The time between planting and producing rubber is about 6 years. best time to plant is at the start of the wet season. Last week there was a seminar in Khemmarat on rubber producing and 250 people turned up for it so I think it is a growing industry in this area. Try the dept of agriculture for more info

My GF and her family have just started a rubber plantation near khemmarat.  We buy the trees for 5 baht plus transport costs from Surat thani.  The time between planting and producing rubber is about 6 years.  best time to plant is at the start of the wet season.  Last week there was a seminar in Khemmarat on rubber producing and 250 people turned up for it so I think it is a growing industry in this area.  Try the dept of agriculture for more info

Thanks for the info' any ideas on the soil typres for getting the best results.

Any web pages on this??

Regards,

Rocket.

Thanks for the info' any ideas on the soil typres for getting the best results.

Any web pages on this??

Regards,

Rocket.

I will look into that for you. My GF got a hold of a vcd on rubber plantation from the seminar I talked about. I will find out the details and let you know

The govt. is currently trying to promote rubber plantations by farmers across Isaan, esp. the upper NE. Large agri-business companies like CP are involved. It is a very risky strategy and I would advise anyone getting involved to think carefully, as the price of rubber could come crashing down in a few years time, when lots of new production comes on tap (literally!). It'll be competing with rubber grown not only in South of Thailand, but also big new plantations in northern Laos and Yunnan. Personally, I wouldn't put more than 20 % of land area over to it tops, and would integrate with other tree species.

• 3 years later...
Drove from Sawang Daen Din (Sakhon Nakon province) to Bueng Kan (Nong Kai province) earlier this year and saw many a rubber tree plantation. Don't know the in's and out's of growing rubber trees but do know that the government is actively encouraging farmers to go that way by giving away trees and assisting with advise. I tried to talk my GF's family into finding out everything about this scheme but to no avail. I would think there is better earnings involved when you compare rubber trees to rice farming.

Brubo,

You should've gone through with it... compare the prices then and now of RSS1. Look at the price of oil. We planted it up north of Chiang Mai Amphur Mae Ai and the trees really took great - now it's the waiting period before we tap them.

• 7 months later...
Any members in the LOS involved or know anything about the do's / don't of a rubber plantation business. Cost of trees, time to produce rubber, best type of soil, etc....

Any information appreciated.

Hi there, I'm from Malaysia and I have a very interesting product to share with you on how it could help you to double the production of latex and how it could keep the tree healthy and prevent bark dryness, with cost saving and double your earning. Research done by department of agriculture in Indonesia and Rubber Research Institute Malaysia and proven to enhance the production of yield from 50% to 300%. Email to me if you need further information on this to [email protected]