Sri Saket Land

Been offered some land in Sri Saket, specifically Amphur Sri Rattana. Approx 40metres x 16metres bang in the middle of the Amphur. This Amphur however is very very small with not even a 7/11. A very strange reason for buying so don't even ask :o

Anyone out there know how much this small packet of land would cost, bearing in mind the location. Unfortunately I live in the other end of the country and have no real idea on land prices in Isaan. All help gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Been offered some land in Sri Saket, specifically Amphur Sri Rattana. Approx 40metres x 16metres bang in the middle of the Amphur. This Amphur however is very very small with not even a 7/11. A very strange reason for buying so don't even ask  :o

Anyone out there know how much this small packet of land would cost, bearing in mind the location. Unfortunately I live in the other end of the country and have no real idea on land prices in Isaan. All help gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Probably much the same as Surin. Muang 1,000,000+ ,10km's out on main road 100,000-300,000, paddy or farm land 10,000-25,000. If it's anything to go by,the house featured on my web site http://www.farangconnection.awbspace.com in Sisaket is on a rai of land.

16 m x 40 m is about 0.40 rai.

I would think that land in Sri Saket is slightly cheaper than land in Surin so I would hazard a guess that they should be asking in the order of Bht 320,000.00 for that plot. That price assumes 'ready to build', hard road access, services close by and at least a couple of shops/restaurants within walking distance.

I would think that land in Sri Saket is slightly cheaper than land in Surin so I would hazard a guess that they should be asking in the order of  Bht 320,000.00 for that plot. That price assumes 'ready to build', hard road access, services close by and at least a couple of shops/restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks for that. I've been quoted B300,000 for it. It is right on the main road and smack in the middle of the Amphur. It's also been filled ready for building.

I would think that land in Sri Saket is slightly cheaper than land in Surin so I would hazard a guess that they should be asking in the order of  Bht 320,000.00 for that plot. That price assumes 'ready to build', hard road access, services close by and at least a couple of shops/restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks for that. I've been quoted B300,000 for it. It is right on the main road and smack in the middle of the Amphur. It's also been filled ready for building.

Try and bargain a bit. If they won't budge, get the seller to pay the transfer duty (probably around Bht 15,000).

I've bought quite a few plots of land about 10 kilometres SW of Sisaket (Amphur Prang Khu), never paid as much as that tho. The value of the land is what someone is prepared to pay for it but I would have to want it pretty badly to pay that price.

The last plot I was going to buy (in Jan) was about 12 rai (good farm land) and the agreed price was Bt400K. However, the seller tried to put the price up as we were going to the Amphur so we walked away.

I've bought very nice building land a couple of yrs ago - 4 rai+ for Bt60K. All services, road, etc. adjacent. Have subsequently raised the level by dumping a few hundred truck loads of soil on it. This is a standby building plot for our house - wife wants to build on a swamp we (well she) own - but that's another story!

I've bought quite a few plots of land about 10 kilometres SW of Sisaket (Amphur Prang Khu), never paid as much as that tho. The value of the land is what someone is prepared to pay for it but I would have to want it pretty badly to pay that price.

The last plot I was going to buy (in Jan) was about 12 rai (good farm land) and the agreed price was Bt400K. However, the seller tried to put the price up as we were going to the Amphur so we walked away.

I've bought very nice building land a couple of yrs ago - 4 rai+ for Bt60K. All services, road, etc. adjacent. Have subsequently raised the level by dumping a few hundred truck loads of soil on it. This is a standby building plot for our house - wife wants to build on a swamp we (well she) own - but that's another story!

That's one more thing I didn't mention. Take note as well OP. Neally everyone of my customers that has bought land has told me that even after the handshake/deal final ritual what ever it is,the price has risen way over the agreed price.

That's one more thing I didn't mention. Take note as well OP. Neally everyone of my customers that has bought land has told me that even after the handshake/deal final ritual what ever it is,the price has risen way over the agreed price.

I think that is the national motto in business here we were a succes so lets shoot ourselves in the foot now.