Land In Issan

Can any one tell me if a 1 rai block in Buriram in a small village

(8 klm from Buriram town )

main road frontage that needs to be land filled is worth 200 000 baht

Hi,

We just bought a Rai in Buriram in the village for 150,000, It also neede to be cleared and filled as well. We got a pretty good deal on the fill don't remeber exactlty as the wife took care of that part.

Our village is pretty far out of town between Buriram city and Prakhonchai. The normal price in that village is around 100,000 for a rai. However with a Falang involved the price invariably goes up. For a rai fairly close to the city that seems about Ok considering the Falang surcharge.

LL

We bought 10 rai of paddy just outside Prasad,about 3kms from town for 10,000 a rai. That was 5 years ago. Don't know what it's worth now. One of the defineing factors is if there is a tarmaced road close by.

more like 20,000 baht. I woudnt have a clue really, I just thought Id get you started.... sounds expensive for the middle of now where though - Jay?

We appear to be talking paddy here. I would guess Bht 20,000 - 25,000 / rai if remote from a paved road. Maybe Bht 30,000 - 40,000 with hard access. These prices without services. If electric, water and telephone are available, maybe Bht 50,000. But as a wise man said in this forum recently, "land is worth what you are prepared to pay".

As far as raising the level (a must for the rainy season) the cost of this has been discussed before. I believe the conclusion was in the region of Bht 200 - 300 per 4 wheel truck depending upon distance hauled. A well loaded 4 wheeler should carry 3.2 m3 so you would need 500 trucks per rai to raise the land by 1 meter.

Thanks for the advise from the members who have replied

I will try to describe this block as acruate as i can, what I am looking for is some opinions on whether i am being extorted or not .

(always a big chance for a farlang )

In A village 8 klm from Buriram town fronts the sealed main road .1 Rai

Needs to be land filled

Has electricity and water telephone available

This block is in the village not out in the sticks

I have seen this block so I know it exists

Any advise appreciated

Thanks for the advise from the members who have replied

I will try to describe this block as acruate as i can, what I am looking for is some opinions on whether i am being extorted or not .

(always a big chance for a farlang )

In A village 8 klm from Buriram town fronts the sealed main road .1 Rai

Needs to be land filled

Has electricity and water telephone available

This block is in the village not out in the sticks

I have seen this block so I know it exists

Any advise appreciated

I'm afraid no-one can give that sort of advice without seeing it first.

Have any members purchaced land recently within a 10 klm radius of buriram town

IISO on his post said paid 150 000 bht for 1 rai but that was 50 klm out of town

Lampard 10 Thought maybe 50 .000 bht

Can I get any more of members opinions or experiences

Oh! that wise old man always makes me nervous when i have to part with my money

Have any members purchaced land recently within a 10 klm radius of buriram town

IISO on his post said paid 150 000 bht for 1 rai but that was 50 klm out of town

Lampard 10 Thought maybe 50 .000 bht

Can I get any more of members opinions or experiences

Oh! that wise old man always makes me nervous when i have to part with my money

6.5 rai in Lampang province (village about 8km from a reasonable sized town) was 220000. This was right on the edge of the village, further out would have been cheaper.

The land was cultivated and the plot next to it was having a house built on it (now completed).

Your price seems high, imho.

Looking down in the Phra Khon Chai area I know of land on either side of the town on highway 24 going for 200k and 300k per rai. They are both about 3km from the centre of town but the dearer one has access to water and electric and the owner is eager to sell. Generally within Buriram province I think that land prices are going up within the ampur boundaries due to increased urbanisation from the villages. The Phra Khon Chai of 2005 is very very different from the one I first set foot in 1984.

Yes a farang surcharge has probably been added to your price but how important is the location to you and more importantly your wife. Is it the only plot available in this particular area ? I keep saying to mine that it is worth paying more for a good location as you cannot alter it once bought, unlike the building you put on it.

[

Yes a farang surcharge has probably been added to your price but how important is the location to you and more importantly your wife. Is it the only plot available in this particular area ? I keep saying to mine that it is worth paying more for a good location as you cannot alter it once bought, unlike the building you put on it.

Well said

If it is on the main road, i would say yes it is worth 200,000 make sure it has services, electric poles etc, close by, in a previous post i have said, just bought another 2 rai 4 kms outside Buriram on the road to surin just off the main road, down the lane to our house, that cost me 100,000 per rai, also the closer to town the more expensive it is, i have bought land for as little as 15,000 per rai .

Go for it, land only go's up. my wife and i now have about 100 rai in Buriram, and most of it has gone up in price over the few years we have bought it.

Edited by Thaicoon

Thanks for all the advise, I have bought the land

It does have power and water near the block

I have stayed there for long periods of time before and i am sure i will enjoy my self there when i finally migrate to Buriram

The plan is to build a house with a small shop to keep my wife busy so the main road frontage was an important factor in this

Thanks for all the advise, I have bought the land

It does have power and water near the block

I have stayed there for long periods of time before and i am sure i will enjoy my self there when i finally migrate to Buriram

The plan is to build a house with a small shop to keep my wife busy so the main road frontage was an important factor in this

Good luck and enjoy Buriram, maybe we will meet for a beer one day, all the best