Cost Of A Rai Of Land

ukdog

Anyone able to give me a ballpark figure for the cost of land, with some road frontage.

Location about 40 Kmtrs NE of korat in an area of low occupation, (Peoplewise).

I figured it should be between 12,000.00 Baht and 20,000.00 Baht per Rai, depending on if it floods.

Would appreciate some input from folks who have been there and done that.

Cheers,dog

jayenram,

Thanks for that, I did a search but did not come across those threads.

Aletta,

Guess thats what I am trying to find out, however I am aware of someone who is in the process of buying 18 Rai for 200,000 baht, (small road frontage, no power, water etc).

any further input would be welcome.

dog

200,000 baht for 18 rai on a paved road is very cheap.

If you've been here for a rainy season you will know why everyone goes on about paved roads so much.Twenty kilometers of dirt track in the wet with huge unseen potholes can drive you nuts in no time.In summer you can see and avoid the big ones but its still annoying to drive at twenty miles per hour over a ridged dirt road.

we were over in korat only a month or so ago and looking to buy some more land about 14k out side the city and the prices were farming land 30,000 to 35,000bht per rai and a decent building plot 180,000 to 200,000bht per [u]acre,[/u]

hope this is of help to you

Anyone able to give me a ballpark figure for the cost of land, with some road frontage.

Location about 40 Kmtrs NE of korat in an area of low occupation, (Peoplewise).

I figured it should be between 12,000.00 Baht and 20,000.00 Baht per Rai, depending on if it floods.

Would appreciate some input from folks who have been there and done that.

Cheers,dog

Last year I bought 33 rai for 400,000 baht. It is good quality farmland.

It is off the beaten track, access by dirt road. Does have services (water/electric), if we want them, as my brother-in-law has a house on an adjoining plot.

Similar location about 40 kms north of Korat, Tambol Samrong not far from NoneThai.

The land had been used as security for a loan that the owner could not pay back. It was offered for sale by the court in Korat. The price was set by the court and the whole process was quick and painless. We have just been told of another plot that has come available in the same way and are off to see it later today.

I was offered via my wife 15 Rai for 500k in Ampour Cab Choeng (Surin). The land is low quality there are almost no services apart from electricity, the yield of the land is low. The land also ins't all that level anf there is plenty of erosion.

Turned the generous offer down. I think the price was so high because I am a flalang.

Try this link from Kasikorn Bank and search for land?houses in your area, it will give you a good idea of the range of prices

http://www.kasikornbank.com/PropertyForSal...,0-EN-1,00.html

Here frontage land goes for about 120,000 bhat/rai but drops off the further you get from the road, My sister-in-law had 5 rai across the road for sale all frontage on a main road, she wanted 600,000 for that, but would of probably settled for 500,000.

IMHO frontage is only worth it if you intend do develope it , if its just for farmland as long as you have access, theres no need to pay the premium for frontage land. The plot behind us I could probably pick up for 40,000 a rai. We have a dirt road running through our land and we charge rent to the people behind us for using the road (its our road), no pay and we just plough it over next year.

RC;

The land is on the jungle. If you look at the photo I posted of my house, its just near there.

All the roads are dirt, the nearest sealed road is 5km away, which is not assured all year round.

RC makes a very valid point in that,unless you fancy a dabble at development,frontage is an expense you can by pass.Ten kilometers in and you can have land at a tenth of the price.Might want to get four wheel drive though.

Mattnich, I was'nt really comenting on your bit of land , just general stuff, although I do agree with you that it sounds expensive. Land varies in price so much here depending on location and condition its virtually impossible to comment on any particular piece without seeing it.

aletta when I said development I did'nt just mean houses it could be anything, shop, petrol station, if you want to do anything with livestock you need at least some good access for the food wagons ect. We have about 10 rai frontage on a good road (a bit to busy actually) I dont think I'd buy any more, although there is a beautiful field directly across the road from me about 60 rai with about 2 rai direct frontage, flat no trees very little stone, they wont sell it though (and even if they did I have'nt got the money to buy it.

An other option for farmland is just to rent it, its usually very cheap (I think about 1000/rai for good land here) but if you can find some for rent you can secure a lot of land for growing crops for very little money, just be carful about building anything on it.

My wife and i have just bought another 3 Rai, main road frontage and a corner plot, for 300,000 Baht, bargain, not rice land, the old story, the lady owner owes the chinese loan shark, so she had to sell pretty quick. just going to sit on it for a few years, this is situated just outside Buriram.