Indian Curry Houses

baan_yangyai

I personally like "Hot Curry" in that little square next to Times Square on Sukumwit. It's nothing to look at but their curries are just perfect for my taste. I'll stick with them until they change the cook or their rent runs out. I used to go to Dosa King nearby but I was never truly stisfied after eating there.

I haven't found ANY in Thailand, but Vietnam and Laos have some great ones.

Why? :o

:D

I just took a quick check with Yahoo and Google on the term "Indian restaurants, Bangkok" and found at least a dozen hits with telephone numbers, addresses, details of type of Indian food, preferences, location maps, & etc. for the term "Indian Food in Bangkok". I don't know if you would consider them "good" or not, because what you consider "good" is a subjective term. I suspect if you did a search on line you could find a number of Indian food places that you could try. Then you are free to write a review of those establishments for us to read. I respectfully suggest that such reviews would be much more use to us than mere blanket criticisim.

I am going to be arriving in BKK on the 14th of February, and will be there for 10 days. I will be happy to try some of the Indian food places, and give my subjective opinion of what is "good". i hope I have enough time to try a few.

Can anyone out there recommend a GOOD Indian Curry house in Korat OR BKK?

:o

You'll find plenty on and off Chakkaphet Rd in Little India (Phahurat) district in BKK. My fave is Royal India or the little places off Soi ATM.

I liked Dosa King a lot but haven't been there in a year or so. Isn't there a branch of Komalas Vilas in BKK too?

India Hut on Surawong Rd is nice too, good Nawabi (Lucknow-style) cuisine.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the very non-indian sounding name, Cafe Coco in the Novotel Suk Soi 33 is excellent. Good buffet and even better a la carte. Often full of indian families (a good sign!) but the live music can be a bit variable.

I know India is west but where do we draw the line on what is "Western" food?

Good question. Seems this branch of the forum has become a catchall for non-Thai cuisine. In a way, though, Indian food does seem 'western' to me compared to Thai with all the breads, cheeses and beans .... :o

Good question. Seems this branch of the forum has become a catchall for non-Thai cuisine. In a way, though, Indian food does seem 'western' to me compared to Thai with all the breads, cheeses and beans .... :o

Well, the Japanese thought that curry was Western... anyway, there is a fab Indian restaurant (complete with rug shop!) in the same road as Samitivej Hospital. The kulfi is great and you sit on cushions on the floor and the building is Indian looking on the inside and the lights are dimmed too... great atmosphere.

Well, the Japanese thought that curry was Western... anyway, there is a fab Indian restaurant (complete with rug shop!) in the same road as Samitivej Hospital. The kulfi is great and you sit on cushions on the floor and the building is Indian looking on the inside and the lights are dimmed too... great atmosphere.

Soi 49?

I am not sure if its still there but Himalya Cha Cha near New Rd. is amazing.

Himalai Cha Cha & Son is also located at soi 35, a minute's walk from Sukhumvit, opposite Benjasiri Park (2 minutes walk from BTS Promphong station). A lot easier to find than New Road branch. (66 2)258 8843, (66 2)258 8846 for reservation.

Edited by Nordlys

Himalai Cha Cha & Son is also located at soi 35, a minute's walk from Sukhumvit, opposite Benjasiri Park (2 minutes walk from BTS Promphong station). A lot easier to find than New Road branch. (66 2)258 8843, (66 2)258 8846 for reservation.

mrs Balbirs on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 is also failry good.

mrs Balbirs on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 is also failry good.

I like it too. I liked it better several years ago when she offered south indian thalis, but they didn't sell so well so now it's back to almost 100% north Indian. When she's around it's fun because she loves to chat with customers. She also does Indian cooking classes.

Hi

I'm not sure Himali Cha cha is on Suk soi 35 now - when I look over from the BTS, it seems to have been replaced by a car park. I also saw a notice on Suk Soi 31 saying it was opening there!

Actually I found the standard to be a bit inconsistent there. Also my tummy felt strange after (though that was it)

You guys are going to kill me. I really like Face on Suk Soi 38. The Indian food there is very yummy (but very expensive)