Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure that Oxford United will have no problem beating the Fox and Hound and The Peckham Bowling Club this season. :D

By the way, I thought that Dantilley was the only Oxford Utd supporter on this forum. :o

Well it was Halfax today, 2-0 new signing Duffy with a first half pen and Burgess with a second half screamer.

Although I believe it will get tougher particularly against Pecham with a midfield of Trotter, Trotter and Granddad Trotter, the boy Trotter up front and Raquel in Goal.

Dagenham on Tuesday.

Good Luck to all

Moss

I'm sure that Oxford United will have no problem beating the Fox and Hound and The Peckham Bowling Club this season. :D

By the way, I thought that Dantilley was the only Oxford Utd supporter on this forum. :o

Well it was Halfax today, 2-0 new signing Duffy with a first half pen and Burgess with a second half screamer.

Although I believe it will get tougher particularly against Pecham with a midfield of Trotter, Trotter and Granddad Trotter, the boy Trotter up front and Raquel in Goal.

Dagenham on Tuesday.

Good Luck to all

Moss

You also forgot to mention the twin strikeforce of Trigger and Boyce. But I heard that Boyce had a ruck with Marleen, so he might not be playing. In addition to that, you might be in luck as I hear that Denzil and Mickey Pearce are currently in the nick. :D

Good to see there's another U's supporter on this forum!

We managed to score one against Man United in a friendly the other week, and gave Ronaldo a suitable amount of pre-season abuse apparently. But you know you're in worrying times when an old mate's brother from up the road who we used to kick a ball around with in the park set up the goal! Included a mean tackle on Ronaldo just before-hand to gain posession also...

Edited by dantilley

I did a quick report on the Man Utd game on here as well as the 0-0 draw with Pompey.

It would appear we are in a minority of two but who cares, it will be tough this year but hopefully it will be OK, there appears to be a lot of optimism about with Jim Smith and Nick Merry but watch this space....

Good Luck

Moss

Oxford kick of their second match of the season, away to Dagenham, who got to the play-offs last season so is sure to be a hard game.

With Oxfords 2-0 win on Saturday leaves them presently third in the table, lets see where they will be tonight.

Moss

You can make that 3 now .............. used to have season ticket at the manor back in the mid to late 80s .......... they wont be down for long ... especially when the bald eagle's at the helm ....

Now we are three..... Unless of course Britmav is one of us, then we are Seven :o

Good Luck to all

Moss

You can make that 3 now .............. used to have season ticket at the manor back in the mid to late 80s .......... they wont be down for long ... especially when the bald eagle's at the helm ....

Now we are three..... Unless of course Britmav is one of us, then we are Seven :o

Good Luck to all

Moss

Headington :D

Good Luck to all

Moss

Where? I bought my first house and flat in Headington, although I am not originally from there :D

Moss

Good Luck to all

Moss

Where? I bought my first house and flat in Headington, although I am not originally from there :D

Moss

Bulan Rd or so :D

Now we are three..... Unless of course Britmav is one of us, then we are Seven :D

Good Luck to all

Moss

Moss

Fairview then I presume? :o

Now we are three..... Unless of course Britmav is one of us, then we are Seven :D

Good Luck to all

Moss

Moss

Yes or the Corner House :D

Good Luck to all

Moss

Moss

Yes or the Corner House :D

Wow! I was never brave enough for the Corner House :D

Me too......used to live in ..Benson,Cowley, then Long Hanborough, Bampton, then Witney before I moved out here.

I used to see Jim Smith drinking with Brian Horton in Woodstock on many occassions. Jim always kept his house in Woodstock wherever he was manager.

Then I was having Sunday Lunch once in Church Handborough when all the current Oxford team turned up for a big meeting, Mark Lawrenson was the Boss then and apparantly the meeting was all about Dean Saunders impending move to Liverpool where Lawrenson said that if he went then so would he..well he did and he did..Big news at the time.

I used to wath the U's when I lived in Handboro, as I could not afford to travel to Reading that much, and I wanted my Son's to see live football , and 20 years ago Oxford were an excellent team.

It will now be many years before our next darby game (Unless its a cup match).. I really used to enjoy them, but it was only 8 years ago that Shottton was gloating after we got beat 3-0 at the Manor. All our supporters sat down in front of the team coach calling for Terry Bullivant's(Reading's manager's) head..they got it..but we went down anyway. Why on earth did Oxford ever part company with MS? He was a darn good manager if you ask me

AnywayWho knows what the next 8 years will bring.

I wish Oxford GOOD LUCK as any Man United Supporter would wish a City supporter.

Reading are a Premiership side now and Oxford United are in the Conference League. It must hurt bad, still you could be in the same division as SWINDON next year, although I doubt it,as I think they will go up) but the yellows and their Tricornered Stadium will be back where they belong in Division 4.

but Oxford enjoyed two seasons in the top flight, we have never had one..so its our turn, in 8 years we might be in the Conference Pears and United will be in the Premiership, and Tony Blair will have grown wings and be able to fly with all his piggy pinky freinds

My oh My

Edited by ThaiPauly

Welcome Thaipauly, I believe we will welcome you in as an associate member of the "Oxford Seven Group', even though your post did appear a little gloating and a little grudging in places :D

Shotton was fired because he instilled such bad feelings throughout the club and put Oxford through some pretty lengthy bad runs that have only been erased by the mis-fortunes of recent years culminating in last seasons debacle.

We all of course remember Jim Smith and the other glory days of Langan, Aldridge 'Phyco' Briggs and the big Irish center forward whos name temporarily escapes me, the fall of Arsenal and Man Utd and in recent years an almost Goliath slaying of Chelsea in the cup, until the cumbersome Francis up-ended a Chelsea player minutes into time added on :D:D:o

Anyway Good Luck to Reading this season, I think they will be a couple of places above relegation which I hope they can build on.

But more importantly Tonight, away to Burton Albion who are also unbeaten at this point.

Team news, Dempster is in for Quinn, sent off in the last game, Odubade looks likely to return to the bench with Basham and Smith is likey to keep a 3-5-1-1 formation.

Good Luck :D

Moss

Billy Hamilton, yes, Northern Irish actually. Bloody good player though.

Add to recent scalps: Charlton in an FA Cup game, Leeds when they were still in the Premiership and that was also followed by another near victory against Chelsea (went to a replay); and back in the days, beating Everton just prior to beating Arsenal to stay up (Everton were championship material back then), Man U on a couple of occasions and coming back from 3-0 down at half time with Chelsea to end up drawing 4-4 - great match that was!

And more high-profile players / managers have been involved with Oxford than many people realise - Mark Lawrenson's been mentioned, but also, very topically, Steve McClaren player-coached for us for a season or so before moving to Derby to join Jim Smith.