Bangkok Restaurants

LaoPo

I have been many times to Bangkok but the (better) City's restaurants change by the day.

I was surprised that I could't find a good guide to the better restaurants, but found this:

"""More restaurants to be listed here soon. Please check back on Sept 1, 2006"""

But.... :o I can't find anything, yet?

Maybe some 'experts'/expats would like to list their experiences and better restaurants, here?

thanks.

LaoPo :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have been many times to Bangkok but the (better) City's restaurants change by the day.

I was surprised that I could't find a good guide to the better restaurants, but found this:

"""More restaurants to be listed here soon. Please check back on Sept 1, 2006"""

But.... :o I can't find anything, yet?

Maybe some 'experts'/expats would like to list their experiences and better restaurants, here?

thanks.

You have the $$$$ you can have anything you want,look !!! :D:D:D

Place I like to eat near Sukhumvit.

SKIPPER GUIDE

Soi 2

The Beirut Restaurant in Ploenchit Center, next to the Villa supermarket.

Also on Soi 2 is Pendalasco Italian.

Grand Majestic Hotel. Great Buffet for 350. Great Italian too!

JWMarriot Bakery.

Soi 3 has more middle east fare.

Shirazidad?

Soi 4

Steak One,

Hillary Bar.

Checkers Bar for Fish+chips.

Sio 5

Gullivers,

Foodland

Soi 7

Outdoor Thai/seafood

Soi 8 has a bunch of places.

Pizzas, etc

Soi 11

German place and many many more.

Good Thai at Rosabieng across from Ambassador.

Joke Club-Chinese.

Venisia Italian next to the BED Club

La Piola is down there too.

Lemoncello.

Charlie Brown Mexican.

Bed Supperclub and other trendy places.

Soi 12 area

Times Square has the best Chinese in town 4th floor.

Cabbage & Condoms Thai food.

Soi 14

Suda, Thai Food.

Also another nice looking Thai place in a great looking Thai House.

Soi 16 has a bunch though I never go there.

Soi 18 and 20 also loaded with restaurants.

Soi 22

Larrys dive and Bourbon St. are well known, Try the Cajun or Mexican.

Soi 23, Go look.

Soi 24

Emporium Food court or numerous places on 5th floor

Just past Soi 24 is a small Soi with SINGAPORE CHICKEN RICE,mmm

between Soi 32 & 34,

A cute cheap Thai place. 50 bt, good!

Soi 31

has some Italian places and more.

Soi 36

Great American Ribs.Mexican Monday eve. 199bt

Soi 38 has some of the best food stands around.

Soi 39

La Opera italian

Soi 49 is a good area to look.

Dulios Italian is just one.

Soi 51 has 2 european places at the end of Soi, excellent lunch specials.

Soi 55

Huge selection of restaurants. Trendy area.

Good Thai place at 55 /13. also look for the Singapore Chicken Rice across the street.

Every shopping center has a food court.

Buy a coupon and choose from dozens of kitchens.Nice.

The new Siam Paragon has a gourmet food Ct. on 4th floor and a load of food courts, resdtaurants down stairs. They also has a deluxe supermarket.

Edited by The Skipper

Place I like to eat near Sukhumvit.

SKIPPER GUIDE

Soi 2

The Beirut Restaurant in Ploenchit Center, next to the Villa supermarket.

I like those guys, but felt a little uncomfortable eating there with my large nose and American accent after Israel responded to Hezbollah . :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Thanks Skipper!

Finally someone who understood my question and contributes to 'Bangkok Restaurants'

Well appreciated!

LaoPo

I agree, thanks for taking the time, I think I will try some of these out pretty soon.

Good Luck

Moss

OK, I have some cheap indoor Thai restaurant suggestions:

Sukhumvit, just east of Soi 24, same side as Emporium. A little place called Mango Rain. Lunch menu is really cheap, food is good. Service so-so, but it's so small you get the attention of anyone quickly.

If you are near Pantip Plaza, on Petchburi just west of Pantip, there is a restaurant at the bottom of the stairs for the overhead crossover called @roi.com (I know, weird). This is phenomenally cheap. Long-necked Pepsi is 10 baht and you get the whole bottle. I routinely have a meal, two soft drinks for under 100 baht. And I finish off everything. Service is good.

Finally, for those venturing beyond Phrom Phong, the Sefaah restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 55 (Thong Lo Skytrain station) on the second floor is very good. Again, pretty cheap. It's across from Thong Lo Soi 1. Service is again so-so, but a bigger problem since it's a large space.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for Thai food indoors in the Thong Lo area, as I just moved there. Apart from the hundred or so Japanese restaurants (don't the Japanese ever eat enything else?).

There are some good places in Silom,

Soi Convent

my favorit restaurant is Indigo, a very good French Restaurant great food, wines, and service. when you are there you do not feel like you are in Bangkok.

Then for great home cooked English Food try the Irish Xchange

they have an English Chef, the food there is great, large portions and at a good price. the Guinness is good to. They also have an awsome sunday roast carvery buffet. I think it is 300 baht eat all you can, the beef is awsome.

The noodle stall oposite is very good also, cheap and fast.

There are some good places in Silom,

Soi Convent

my favorit restaurant is Indigo, a very good French Restaurant great food, wines, and service. when you are there you do not feel like you are in Bangkok.

Then for great home cooked English Food try the Irish Xchange

they have an English Chef, the food there is great, large portions and at a good price. the Guinness is good to. They also have an awsome sunday roast carvery buffet. I think it is 300 baht eat all you can, the beef is awsome.

The noodle stall oposite is very good also, cheap and fast.

I think the food in the Irish Xchange is average tasting at the very best and over priced produce simply aimed at tourists. If you think that is good food and good value in Bangkok, you should get out and about more. :o

Good luck.

For Sukhumwit 22 I'd add: Khing Klao and Ruan Dern. Both do better than average Thai food in a pleasant environment. They're on the left hand side about 100 m inside the soi.

Vino Viva further into the soi on the right and does great Italian pizzas.

I would like to have som more suggestions on the Silom area and nearby! Both Thai food and others...

I agree!!!

What's wrong with all the Bangkok-restaurant experts :D

I (a.o.) posted this on the Samui/Phangan Forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...86301&st=30 # post 38.....

there were MORE REACTIONS so far about good/better restaurants than on the Bangkok forum.

Come on you BANGKOK Expats:

WHERE ARE THE BETTER RESTAURANTS IN BANGKOK? :o

Edited by LaoPo

Reflections - Phahonyothin soi 7 ... Thai food... Thai food here excellent

Arancini - Phahonyothin soi 7 ... Italian food ... Newly opened ... good pizzas

Somtam Bangkok - Phahonyothin 7, Soi Ari 3 ... Issan food

Khaosan area ...

Kin Lom Chom Sapan - Samsen soi 3 ... Thai food overlooking the river... Thai food and seafood .. lovely

Any of the Khao Tom restaurants on Samsen soi 2 ... fresh prawns and crab

Hemlock - Pra Athit road ... Thai food ... great value .. recommend the lotus rice

Mayompuri - Chakrapong road ... Thai and western food .. great cheese/bacon burger

Oh My Cod - Rambuttri road (In the courtyard of Rambuttri village Inn) ... Cod and chips, bangers and mash.... mushy peas !

Primavera - Pra Athit road ... Italian food ... Good pizzas and pastas

Sukhumvit area ....

Bukharas - Sukhumvit between soi 5 and 7 ... Indian food ... Lovely Indian food

Tony Romas - Sukhumvit between soi 7 and 9 ... Western food famous for their ribs

Bei Otto - Sukhumvit soi 20 ... German food and German beers .. lovely !

Hakata - Sukhumvit soi 49 ... Japanese food

Soi Rangnam area ...

Any of the Thai restaurants here famous for their Issan food.

Just a few restaurants here to be going on with ... dont have anything for Silom area as I never get over that way .......

Well LaoPo, to follow your advise from the Food Forum, I'll post the same name over here, especially as someone asked for restaurants in the Silom area:

Villa Roma - italian - Pat Pong - I think Soi 1 - excellent food and wine

Villa Bangkok ?!? not sure about the name - french - Thanon Sala Daeng Soi 1.1 - excellent food and wine

Cheers

KY

• 4 months later...

Thanks Skipper!

Finally someone who understood my question and contributes to 'Bangkok Restaurants'

Well appreciated!

LaoPo

I agree, thanks for taking the time, I think I will try some of these out pretty soon.

Good Luck

Moss

OK, I have some cheap indoor Thai restaurant suggestions:

Sukhumvit, just east of Soi 24, same side as Emporium. A little place called Mango Rain. Lunch menu is really cheap, food is good. Service so-so, but it's so small you get the attention of anyone quickly.

If you are near Pantip Plaza, on Petchburi just west of Pantip, there is a restaurant at the bottom of the stairs for the overhead crossover called @roi.com (I know, weird). This is phenomenally cheap. Long-necked Pepsi is 10 baht and you get the whole bottle. I routinely have a meal, two soft drinks for under 100 baht. And I finish off everything. Service is good.

Finally, for those venturing beyond Phrom Phong, the Sefaah restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 55 (Thong Lo Skytrain station) on the second floor is very good. Again, pretty cheap. It's across from Thong Lo Soi 1. Service is again so-so, but a bigger problem since it's a large space.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for Thai food indoors in the Thong Lo area, as I just moved there. Apart from the hundred or so Japanese restaurants (don't the Japanese ever eat enything else?).

Roi.com is by the foot bridge near the First Hotel, not the one by Pantip.

No Michelin guide? No Zagat survey? No Fodor's? Forget the mega-projects, what Bangkok really needs is a decent restaurant guide!

Bangkok Dining & Entertainment can be found at most decent restaurants, it's complimentary and the latest one that i have which is the January 2007 edition is 146 pages.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Old house of Tiziano Terzani is now a wine bar/restaurant. Lake House on Sukhumvit 39 (Soi Prommitr). have to go and see to believe that this little oasis is in centre of BKK. www.lakehousebkk.com

Nice tip, thanks... I like the writer as well :)

For those not stuck on the Sukhumvit Road, great Thai Restruant, open until sunrise every day! On Rama 9, Soi Long Poon. Owned by a friend of mine, Tom. It is called Ton Thong. 10 mis taxi from Sukhumvit soi Asoke.

Been here a few times...But can't for the life of me remember where it is... :):D

Can anyone point it out on a map? Link? Phone number?

RAZZ