Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by johnny1966

  1. Non imm o multi visa, married to Thai, entry stamp till 14th April, visa expires June 26th. My wife is a diabetic and is extremely susceptible to picking up an illness at the drop of a hat. Obviously I'm concerned about taking her to immigration in the current climate. If I do not go to immigration, I assume I will be on overstay after 14th April even though my visa runs till late June. Is this correct and will the non o visa automatically become invalid in the above case or can I still get a 90 day stay or 60 day extension at a later date? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. On 3/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, ubonjoe said:

    I don't think CW is asking for a Kor Ror 2. A Kor Ror 2 is the marriage registry done when registered your marriage at an Amphoe. If you do not have it a printout of it can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet.

    You can completed the TM7 form in any color of pen other than perhaps red at CW. You can complete and print this one 2 sided after downloading it. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

    You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. Copies 

    You will need proof you are residing in Bangkok when you apply.



    Thanks Mr. Joe. Some posters have mentioned a photo of us together being needed. Any idea if this is true? And proof of residing in Bangkok is a photocopy of my lease agreement right?

  3. On 3/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, Tayaout said:

    I have the option to travel 1.5h and do it in person or use an agent that say he can do the whole process by mail. I still have over 2 months left on my last entry stamp so I did not take my decision yet. 


    Extension of stay based on marriage (1 year) is not the same as the 30 days extension that require the paper from the embassy... 

    Will the agent do the 60 day extension? Maybe you can pm me the agents details please?

  4. On 3/26/2020 at 6:45 PM, steve187 said:

    60 day extension, or a 1 year extension, if neither of these suit, then an embassy letter and a 30 day if your lucky.

    Have to do a 60 day extension non imm o. May have to also do a tm30 if the io asks. Wonder if the io at CW would send me back to the new office to do so or do both the extension and tm30 out of the goodness of his/her heart? 💓

  5. 38 minutes ago, Drjay said:

    You can do the TM 30 now - I had also never done a TM30 Before and I did it way to late - 10 days before my 90 day stamp expired without any problems. I did not have and was not asked about Kor Ror 2, family photo had to be printed on paper and signed by me & my wife. Your wife have to go with you - I guess thats proof enough that you still are married, but I can't confirm it... You can apply maximum 15 days before you last entry stamp expires btw and YES you will gett April 26. + 60 when you apply - early or not...

    Here I found a photo of the list of requirements I got from Samui IO - hope this helps...


    Thanks dr. I don't think the family photo is ever asked for at CW but maybe someone who has been recently can confirm?

  6. 49 minutes ago, Drjay said:

    I did this a couple of weeks ago and this is the paperwork needed:

    - TM 7 Form

    - STM 2 - You get these 2 at IO

    - The regular passport copys

    - Copy marrige certificate

    - Copy ID card from wife

    - Family photo

    - Copy household (taibaan)         registration of wife

    - Notification residence               (TM 30) Printed on paper

    - Rental contract of your             house

       - copy household (taibaan)        registration  of your current      adress

       - Copy ID card of                       landlord/owner

       - Copy household (taibaan)         registration of your                 landlord/owner's adress


    Thats all, I was missing some of these papers and got refused to apply. I had to go back - they was very strict about the TM 30! Just make a user and register TM 30 in your landlords name/info/ID card online like I did - tell your landlord first offcourse and do it on behalf on him/she. If your the owner then you do it with your info - have your wife with you as most is in thai luanguage, its done in 10 minute... & good luck!

    This was at Koh Samui IO btw

    Interesting about the tm30. I've had comments on thaivisa that the need for a tm30 may not be as strictly enforced at CW but who knows! Also the family photo. Wonder if this is needed st CW and if mobile phone photos are acceptable or not.

  7. 24 minutes ago, PST said:

    Hi, did you need to produce an updated Kor Ror 2 to show that you were still married?, the same form they ask for when applying for a years extension?

    Interesting about the tm30. I've had comments on thaivisa that the need for a tm30 may not be as strictly enforced at CW but who knows! Also the family photo. Wonder if this is needed st CW and if mobile phone photos are acceptable or not.

  8. 2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

    It depends upon the office you go to how many stamps they will do.

    They could fit all of them on the page you showed.

    They is a lot of wasted space on the page that was posted earlier. There is wasted space at the top of it. The two stamps at the bottom of it could of been done side by side.

    Thanks Joe. I hope at CW they are able to fit everything in.

  9. 1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

    That is due to all the extra stamps they did. The actual extension stamp is about half a page.

    This is what ive got. One full page with one stamp and another page to fit 2 stamps. Is it enough? Will I need these "extra stamps?"




  10. 3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

    Do you have a 90 dau entry from a multiple entry non-o visa or a extension of stay based on marriage issued by immigration?

    Since you mention a temporary office I assume you are located in Bangkok.

    Not sure they are enforcing the TM30 form. Have you done one before since your last entry to the country?

    If you need one done you would to it at the temporary office and then got to Chaeng Wattana to do the 60 day extension.

    90 entry from multiple non o. Yes, Bangkok. No tm30 since last entry. Had retirement visa obtained through agent prior to current non imm O visa. The agent reported me at an upcountry address. I haven't done tm30 showing my Bangkok address since. Have all paperwork to do so if required. Don't know if IO will bring this up on doing the 60 day extension application or not hence my confusion as to whether to do the tm30 first or take a chance and go straight to do the 60 day extension. Mind you I only have 1 blank page in my passport so I assume no room for a rejection stamp and then an extension stamp if i do the tm30 after a rejection then apply again after having done the tm30. I do not know (and I think nobody knows) if the IO will bring up the tm30 issue on applying for the extension and, if the fact that I haven't done a tm30 lead to a rejection of the 60 day extension.

    • Haha 1

  11. Intending to take the wife to apply for a 60 day extension non imm o visa. Currently have a work permit but I just want to apply for the 60 day extension, not do an extension via the work permit as I want to keep my non o visa going in case my wp is cancelled (the company I work for may not reopen after the covid situation). Is the above okay and, I need also to submit a tm30. Will tm30  be done by the same io doing my extension or should I do the tm30 first at the new temporary immigration office and afterwards go to the main office to apply for the extension?

    • Like 1

  12. 3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

    Not sure Chaeng Wattana will be asking for TM30 for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since they have to be done at the temporary office.

    You will certainly need proof you are living in Bangkok.

    You are right, Im thinking however that if my address in their computers don't match the address on my lease (which i presume it won't as I didn't do a tm30 after changing address 6 months ago) they may reject the extension.

  13. 2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

    If you do not have to do it tomorrow but have 2-3 days left that would be more than sufficient to register the place where you are staying on the IO TM30 website and have your TM30 filed on-line.

    I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction how to do that.

    To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

    Tried to do it online and was asked to go to immigration to complete. 

  14. Going to cw to apply for a 60 day extension on multi non imm o. (Marriage). My landlord has completed a tm30 but has left the "written at" and "date, month, year" blank at the top of the form and "on date, month year" blank after "province". I entered Thailand on 14th January 2020..3 month stamp. What dates should I enter on the above blank spaces?

  • Create New...