Jump to content


Advanced Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by hotandsticky

  1. I am confused.


    Flightradar is showing the arrival this morning of BA9 and the subsequent departure of BA10 at pretty normal schedule times.


    British Airways, and Heathrow, websites are showing the flights as cancelled - which is what I would expect to see.


    Is this a glitch on Flightradar, a ghost flight - or something else.

  2. 5 hours ago, digger70 said:

    No you won't come back I doesn't matter that you are Married You got an Extension Based on Retirement So on Paper you Ain't Married That's the way they see that at Immigration ,Good luck and change back to the Extension based on Marriage.


    I think that is nonsense.


    Eligibility is determined by marital status which is evidenced by a marriage certificate.


    The basis of the visa/extension is irrelevant.

    • Like 1

  3. 4 minutes ago, RayC said:

    So no. As a UK EU enthusiast I - and many others like me - believe that the UK should leave the EU in accordance with the referendum result. All I ask in return is that my government respects its obligations and abides by the rule of rule. It appears that this is too much to ask of Johnson and his cronies.


    I am a Brexiteer but I fully agree with your comment. However, it is not one-sided. The EU have significantly contributed to this debacle.

    • Thanks 1

  4. 6 minutes ago, kickstart said:

    You would be surprised how many Thai football teams have foreign players seen many on Thai TV playing for Thai teams 

    Do not ask how he goes about visa's and work permits ,he played for Buriram ,about the Liverpool/Man U of Thailand ,the owner also owns the Buriram racing circuit ,so no shortage of money 



    Visa/Work Permit not an issue........ the Thai FA decrees that each club is allowed a quota of overseas players.



    Robbie Fowler ex-Liverpool played for Muang Thong Utd for a while.

    • Like 1

  5. 3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

    Emirates is doing flights from Dubai to Bangkok that are considered as repatriation flights. See: https://dubai.thaiembassy.org/en/index

    From that site.


    You can apply at any embassy to get the certificate of entry and board the flights in Dubai. 



    Thank you..... my point is that there are no commercial/scheduled flights into Thailand  -  irrespective of what individual airlines might advertise.

  6. 11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

    The most recent news is that Emirates (at least) and possible one or two other airlines have been given permission to carry and drop off foreigners only with COE.



    I doubt that very much unless it is a repatriation flight, arranged through the Thai embassy, with related quarantine requirements.



    However, show me some hard evidence to the contrary and I will stand corrected.

  7. 2 hours ago, pontious said:

    You keep the passport. If you use an agent tell them you want it EMS back to you after they have applied. You should have it to comply with the emergency decree.



    Now you are making things up...................... absolutely nothing to do with the emergency decree - that has changed nothing about passport requirements. However, it may just be a salutary reminder to the smart ar5es who think they can post their passports to the UK to circumvent the system.

  8. 3 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

    I was told that that is 'a' bridge over the River Kwai; not 'the' bridge over the River Kwai. 



    There is an original bridge (what is left of it) and the newer railway bridge (amongst others).



    If we are being pedantic be sure to refer to it as menam Kwaire....... not Kwai.

  9. A bit like Thai Immigration......... a different answer depending on who you ask:-


    Unfortunately for the security and protection of your details we are unable to accept your completed Life Certificate form via email.


    Please return your form to the address below.


    The Pension Service 11

    Mail Handling Site A


    WV98 1LW

    United Kingdom



    Yours Sincerely



    Pensions Officer

  10. 1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

    Nah i would miss these nonsense interrogations in broken English at the airport about why i visit here again?  Since my last visit was only 11 months ago?  and why my return flight back home for this time is in 2 months ? while i don't have applied for a 2 month visa?. Now their supervisor will have to interrogate me further checking carefully all pages my passport.  bla bla..So i decided no-longer to come at all !! Instead I fly directly to the Phillipines where at their airport they great me with Hello Sir welcome back!


    Nice of you to still keep in touch with a Thai internet forum.

    • Haha 1

  11. 47 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

    Ex pats who live here but no family are screwed...most have O or OA visas...they can’t get in....


    shoukd not be made to get a new tourist visa to gain entry as they live here up to a year....they bring in a lot more money than people on tourist visas solely based on their time they spend here as well as investments like vehicles,  helping poor families etc

    Wrong....most expats living here have the correct 13 month extension to match their status in Thailand.



  12. 17 hours ago, pontious said:

    No reason for the agent to keep it. Say you want it back. You can give, send it back to them when VFS says the new one has arrived.

    Depends where you are and it depends where the agent is. Both in Pattaya, OK. It works less well if you are based in, say, Khon Kaen and you are using an agent.

  13. 6 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

            I applied for a new passport (reason- no pages remaining) at trendy building in November (2019). The process is very simple and lightning fast. Fill in the forms and provide two photographs, I got my photo's at trendy building for 200 baht. My passport was only 6 years old and i look roughly the same, so i didn't need to have the pictures co-signed. You can use a thai bank account to fill in the debit form, i used my Krungsri account to pay for it. The help desk has moved - it is very small and easy to miss. It is in the middle of the square and is only a 2 person booth, so you'll need to look for it a little. Go up to the 8th floor and within 5 minutes your application is complete. They do not take the payment the same day, so make sure you leave funds in the bank for a few days.

           11 days later i recieved my new passport, with my new unsigned photo. I couldn't believe how easy and fast the process was. Hope this helps, good luck!



    .... and it REALLY is as smooth and simple as that (in most cases).



    The only challenge is completing the application form correctly, supplying acceptable evidence of address and photocopying every page of the existing passport.......and, of course, getting to Bangkok and back if you live out of town and are not using an agent.


    The card payment is processed when the application reaches the desk of HMPO Liverpool.

    • Like 1

  14. 1 minute ago, Amusements said:

    I started the process straight after my 90 day report, which is why I want to know if the 8 weeks is after the application, because the application interview has almost a months waiting time + I used an agent, so I do not have my passport.


    There is no such thing as an interview; an appointment is made (by giving 3 dates of your choice - usually a week ahead if the agent is any good). The 8 weeks quoted is from date of submission at VfS.... but invariably they are quicker.


    The agent should know if your next 90 day report is likely to be missed and they can hand back/EMS the pld passport to you............................or, as advised above, do your 90 day report online.

    • Like 1

  15. 1 minute ago, Amusements said:

    Is that 8 weeks after handing in the application?
    If so then I wonder what happens if you do not have your passport back in time to do a 90 day report?


    1. You time the application just after your last 90 day report.


    2. Applying in person you retain your expiring passport.


    3.Applying through an agent, they retain your expiring passport.

    • Like 2

  16. Just to complete the above for one source of reference:-


    Accepted occupations for countersignatories

    Your countersignatory must either:

    • work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession
    • be ‘a person of good standing in their community’

    Recognised professions

    Examples of recognised professions include:

    • accountant
    • airline pilot
    • articled clerk of a limited company
    • assurance agent of recognised company
    • bank or building society official
    • barrister
    • chairman or director of a limited company
    • chiropodist
    • commissioner for oaths
    • councillor, for example local or county
    • civil servant (permanent)
    • dentist
    • director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT-registered company
    • engineer with professional qualifications
    • financial services intermediary, for example a stockbroker or insurance broker
    • fire service official
    • funeral director
    • insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
    • journalist
    • Justice of the Peace
    • legal secretary (fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs)
    • licensee of a public house
    • local government officer
    • manager or personnel officer of a limited company
    • member, associate or fellow of a professional body
    • Member of Parliament
    • Merchant Navy officer
    • minister of a recognised religion (including Christian Science)
    • nurse (RGN or RMN)
    • officer of the armed services
    • optician
    • paralegal (certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals)
    • person with honours, for example an OBE or MBE
    • pharmacist
    • photographer (professional)
    • police officer
    • Post Office official
    • president or secretary of a recognised organisation
    • Salvation Army officer
    • social worker
    • solicitor
    • surveyor
    • teacher or lecturer
    • trade union officer
    • travel agent (qualified)
    • valuer or auctioneer (fellow or associate members of the incorporated society)
    • Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers

    Professions that are not accepted

    Your countersignatory cannot:

    • work for HM Passport Office
    • be a doctor, unless they state that they know you well (for example they’re a good friend) and that they recognise you easily from your photo

    You’ll be asked to find someone else if your countersignatory does not meet the requirements.

    It’s a criminal offence to make a false declaration on a passport application.

    If you’re not sure who to ask to be your countersignatory

    Call the Passport Adviceline.

    • Like 1
  • Create New...