Hello I need to extend my marriage visa and wanted to check if the documents are the same as before. Last year was my first time applying for this type of visa so just wondered if the process is the same. I will be apply for the visa in Chiang Mai Immigration at Promenada. If anyone has recent experience of applying for their extension on the basis of marriage some insights would be well appreciated.
Documents / Requirements (I think??):
- TM 7 Application.
- 1 Photo (4 x 6 cm).
- Copy of passport, main page, visa, TM 6 arrival / departure card.
- Copy of marriage certificate.
- Copy of Kor Ror 2 (long tabien) from Amphur office.
- Copy of house registration (blue book / tabien baan).
- Copy of wifes ID card.
- Letter from bank to prove 400,000 Baht in bank for at least 3 months.
- Map location of house, hand drawn.
- Photo's of marriage / at house / in front of house and so on................
- 1900 Baht to pay for visa.
- Does the photo (4 x 6 cm) have to have a specific back ground colour?
- Does the Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration) have to be within 6 months or will an old one be ok? Also do you have to get a new Kor Ror 2 from the Amphur office where you originally registered your marriage?
- Does my wife have to be with me?
- How long before my current visa expires can I apply for a new one?
- I remember last time there was a waiting period, "visa under consideration". Does this waiting period still apply second time round? If so roughly how long?
Thanks so much and sorry for so may questions, just want to make sure i have everything I need as I really don't want to make two trip to the dreaded immigration office!