It's still not official, but there is certainly hope that they will be able to open (physically, as most have been open for online classes for some time) from 1 June. Here is what my son's school is planning...
We expect everyone’s co-operation on these measures and it will be highly appreciated. These measures are as follows:
1. Access to the school gate School vans and private vehicles will not be allowed access to the school gate. Students must be dropped-off the Soi in front of *****, must line-up maintaining 1 meter away from each other and wait for their turn for the temperature scanning and hand-sanitizing. Students showing a temperature of over 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be permitted to enter the school premises and parents will be phoned to collect the child(ren). For facility, we suggest that parents wait until the child is permitted to enter the school premises before leaving. Depending on the volume of student, scanning and hand-sanitizing may take only a couple minutes.
2. Wearing of face masks “No Face Masks, No Entry Policy”. Wearing of face masks is a must to be allowed entrance to the school premises. Face masks must be worn inside the school premises at all times.
3. Travel and health declaration We will be asking every family to complete and submit the Travel and Health Declaration Form together with a copy of each household member’s passport’s pages containing the information page and latest arrival date in Thailand. The form and submission procedure will be emailed to families in time.
4. Self-quarantine requirement Should the student or a member of the household transited through or travelled from other countries and has returned to Thailand after the 20th of April, the student must stay home for the 14 days self-quarantine.
5. School van health and safety The Teacher Assistant shall perform temperature scan and hand sanitation first before allowing any student to get in the van. Student resisting from temperature scanning and hand sanitizing protocol and showing a temperature of over 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to join the van. Upon arrival to school, the students will follow the procedure set-out under the Access to the school gate.