Total noob here… been reading the forums for a while now!
I am visiting Thailand from Canada on a 6 month METV. I think I have a good understanding about my Visa but I am seeking some expert clarification - any advice is appreciated! ;) My apologies if this has all been done to death.
1. I understand that every 60 days I have to exit the country and re-enter, but I can leave earlier if I wish to, and the 60 day counter will just start again when I re-enter.
- when I re-enter Thailand during these 6 months, do I have to pay any fees?
2. A few days before my 6 months are up, I can re-enter and that will give me a new 60 days (essentially giving me 8 months). A few days before my final 60 days are up I can do 1 extension for an additional 30 days - now giving me 9 months.
Two questions here:
- the fee for this extension is 1900 baht I believe?
- Is there any chance they wouldn’t let me stay 8-9 months? Only asking because I don’t want to be out $$ if I pre-pay for an accommodation and then I’m not allowed back in.
3. For these border runs/extension is there a preferred method/entry point to do these at - ie. land vs. air? (I’m in Chiang Mai)
Thank you so much!