Jump to content

Mr Smithy

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Mr Smithy

  1. 2 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

    with 200,000 in a Thai bank do you think I could get a marriage visa? 

    Mmm- You will need either  400K in the bank OR an income of 40K/month from overseas-  A combo of income+cash in the bank is not available to those seeking an extension of stay based on marriage.

    • Thanks 1
  2. 59 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

    Does it play the same way if the non-O ME is acquired in Farang Land?......Ive always done border runs on my non-O simply because it's a trip for my wife to visit relatives.Never considered going to Immigration instead so I don't know if that is an option. Hopefully the border will be opened by the end of May for my next run. But I'm not clear if I can I get a 90-day stamp or only a 60-day extension from Immigration in CM?  Thanks!

    It is the same no matter where obtained  - You will have to apply for an extension at the immigration office

  3. 5 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

    I care more about my health than a shi**y stamp in my passport in a corona infested office


    5 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

    The immigration office is one of the main reasons for the spread

    Where is the evidence which supports these wild assertions?

    • Like 1
  4. 3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

    Like many you assume people do not know what they are talking about

    Mmm -  Educate yourself before accusing others. 




    That is just for starters but likely beyond your comprehensive abilities - When you are ready I will supply the advanced package once you can answer a few simple test questions




    • Thanks 1
    • Haha 1
  5. 1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

    A race to the bottom is not my vision of preparedness. Incompetence with my neighbours is no excuse for my own incompetence.

    Why not just admit that no country was prepared?

    Its very easy to apportion blame with the benefit of hindsight -

    Are there any other disaster scenarios you would like the country to be 100% prepared to deal with? 

  6. 44 minutes ago, thaikahuna said:

    A Non-O based on marriage should not incur visa runs but only 90 days checks, I believe.

    You believe wrong. A single entry visa provides for a 90 day stay only unless extended by 60 days for the purpose of visiting a Thai spouse/child.

    The same criteria apply to multiple entry visas.

    The MAX length of stay permitted is 90+60 before having to leave the country

    • Like 1
  • Create New...