Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by bigbadthaijohn

  1. Hi all,


    A journalist friend of mine is looking to interview some local Chiang Rai farmers, fertilizer/pesticide dealers and environmentalists about their opinions on the recently announced ban on 3 chemicals used for agriculture. The interview would only be around 15 to 20 minutes. I will help as translator. We will go to see them at their workplace or wherever is convenient. They don't need to travel anywhere.


    If you happen to know anyone who would be willing to chat with us, please let me know at bigjohnstr@hotmail.com.

  2. Update: I can confirm that you can apply for a single entry Non O marriage visa, as I have just done so. Pick up tomorrow morning. Relatively painless. 


    However, I can also confirm that they will only process Non O retirement visas for HK residents (I asked for a friend). 


    For marriage visa, you need: 

    - copy of passport

    - copy of HK entry slip

    - copy of marriage certificate 

    - copy of spouse's ID card


    They didn't specifically ask, but I also submitted (and they kept):

    - copy of spouse's tabien bahn

    - Kor Ror 2


    Fee: HK$600 (equivalent to about 2,200 THB) 


    Showed up about 10:30 and in and out in about 20 min. 

  3. Hi all,


    I have a quick question. A friend of mine is getting a new job and needs the cancellation receipt from her old work permit. She handed over the WP to the foundation she was working with to cancel it, but just found out they never cancelled it. She stopped working with the foundation and cancelled her nonO visa months ago.


    So here is the question: can she go into the labor office here (in Chiang Rai) without the physical WP to cancel it (the WP was issued in Chiang Mai)?


    If she can do that, what paperwork does she need?

  4. On 7/27/2016 at 11:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

    If you are in Bangkok you could apply for it at immigration there. PDF files of their requirements follow.


    I can't seem to get access to these PDF files. It says: "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

    Is there another way I can access them?

  5. Hi all,


    I am currently on a non-O visa based on volunteering. I was planning to go to Savannakhet to get a new ME non-O based on marriage on Oct 3. However, something has come up, and the timing is very problematic.


    Can I get the 60-day extension to visit my wife on a non-O volunteer visa? I know you can on a tourist visa, other non-O visas and on visa exemptions, but I'm wondering about the volunteer visa.


    If not, I will follow my original plan and go on Oct 3, but it would be much better if I could postpone the trip.

  6. So, I went to immigration in CR today just to ask some advice. Ended up getting a 60-day extension of my 30-day visa exemption even though I had already extended it once for 30 days.

    Here's what I had to submit:

    Copy of marriage certificate

    Kor ror 2

    Copy of wife's id

    Copy of wife's house registration

    Copy of photo page and entry stamp in my passport

    1 photo


    The staff in CR immigration are IMHO the best in all of Thailand. Always friendly and extremely helpful. Ended up having a conversation with one of the officers about the Boston Celtics and the NE Patriots. His name is Nut, and he is ALWAYS in a good mood. Love that guy!

    Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

    • Like 1

  7. You can get a visa exempt entry (not a visa) at the Chiang Khong crossing to Laos. If from a G7 country you would get a 30 day entry if not it will only be for 15 days.

    You could then extend that entry for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

    Hi Joe.

    At Chiang khong, can we just cross over and come back, or do we have to stay for a while?

    Also, I am now on a visa exempt stamp (only one I've had in years), which I have extended once for 30 days. Is there an issue at the moment with doing back-to-back exemptions?

    Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

  8. No, I didn't. In the first sentence, I said I have extended once for 30 days already.

    Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

    No you did not.

    On my way back into Thailand this time, I didn't have time to get a visa, so I am on a 30-day exemption stamp. You can't extend that for 60 days.

    I will try going to Chiang khong for another 30-day exemption stamp, then go get a new non-O next month.

    I'll let everyone know how it goes.

    Please read the first sentence of the original post.

    Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

    • Like 1
  • Create New...