Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 February 2019 20:05


Advanced Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

956 Excellent

1 Follower

About bankruatsteve

Previous Fields

  • Location

Profile Information

  • Location
    Now in Ban Dung, Udon Thani

Recent Profile Visitors

9,158 profile views
  1. Maybe the same way of BS comments. You don't know what I know.
  2. OK - so that would hopefully protect equipment from transient high (like really high) voltage. It will have zero affect on current - that's what the circuit breakers are for. Edit: Actually, watts has nothing to do with surge suppression. Maybe it has a 15 amp fuse in it?
  3. "Surge protection" (MOV) would not fail because of AC. Maybe a 10a fuse? Just plug in to normal socket and don't worry about surge.
  4. Bleach is strong base. Not likely to produce an acid.
  5. An out-of-the-box thought is to put a ty-wrap around the trigger and tighten to the speed you need. (?)
  6. Well, 20K is probably what a "builder" would charge. You could get day labor to do it for a lot less but then you would be the "builder". Up to you.
  7. I'm thinking about this small LG "inverter" for the ex. Just FYI: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/lg-refrigerator-2-door-74q-inverter-linear-compressor-gn-c222slcn-grade-b-i282682566-s460349788.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.7.7d27b9eaYGhemN&search=1
  8. Whew. There is nothing wrong with the OP's "board". The advice is to add safety protection for earth faults by putting a RCBO as the main breaker. AGAIN - RCD detect earth faults NOT shorts.
  9. I happen to agree that it was not a short - more likely arcing. But, it doesn't matter. The OP is concerned about safety when accidents like that occur. Usually the breaker will trip but in this case it didn't for whatever reason. The live wire is then hazardous, even deadly. That is where RCD is needed to keep people safe from accidental contact of the exposed live.
  10. A short would not trip an RCD - just the over-current breaker. Geckos/ants/bugs/dust getting into an outlet can/will trip an RCD and that is the caveat for making it the main breaker. If feasible, it is best to put refrigerators/freezers on non-RCD protected circuits.
  11. Hoping you can discern bad "information" from good advise. Just read Crossy's posts and you will be good.
  12. Jeez. Circuit breakers protect wires. RCD (RCBO and the like) protect people. Contemporary RCDs do NOT need earth. 2-pin plugs indicate class-2 equipment (don't need ground). EXCEPT it seems to be common practice to use Schuko plugs here which are also 2-pin but contain ground (if proper). The caveat is that Schuko receptacles are not common here. Go figure.
  13. Sure. It is usually work done "on the side" though and probably get a "farang" price.
  14. He was possibly not comfortable dealing with the live feed. That requires rubber boots, gloves, and a steady hand at minimum. Maybe get somebody from the PEA to do it.
  • Create New...