School for thai/Australian 5 yr old in Bangkok

dank

Dank, 2 main factors imo for your proposal:

1. Which part of Bangkok do you want to live
2. Your budget.

There are many private schools spread over Bangkok all with varying prices on either end of the price spectrum.

From experience I would use the budget you have (living and education) and identify firstly your preferred area to live and then identify the schools in this area within your budget.
As I have said to many before, I would strongly advise to make sure your home is within a reasonable distance to the school because due to heavy traffic.

The school is going to determine area at this stage.
The budget for the school will be 30k-100k for the right school etc..
my daughter can already speak fluent Thai, her English is very advanced and getting better, her creative side is something l don't want her to lose as she draws, colours a lot and loves to sing and dance...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Dank, that's good news for you as then you are not restricted to a specific area.
If you haven't already, on internet go to thailandguru dot com (not sure if I'm allowed to post link) and then look up international schools Bangkok. This gives you a list with a lot of schools in different areas. A lot of them are imo over priced to say the least but I guess in some cases you get what you pay for.

30 minutes ago, dank said:

The school is going to determine area at this stage.
The budget for the school will be 30k-100k for the right school etc..
my daughter can already speak fluent Thai, her English is very advanced and getting better, her creative side is something l don't want her to lose as she draws, colours a lot and loves to sing and dance...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Is that 30-100k per term or for the year? There are many excellent British & American curriculum schools with great emphasis on music and sports including compulsory swimming, costing about 150k per term. Decent housing close to them will cost another 20-30k per month.

2 hours ago, saakura said:

Is that 30-100k per term or for the year? There are many excellent British & American curriculum schools with great emphasis on music and sports including compulsory swimming, costing about 150k per term. Decent housing close to them will cost another 20-30k per month.

Is that 2, 3 or 4 terms a year? My school has 2 semesters (and two terms per semester). It's best to be clear on the definiton, or just to give the full year fee. I think English Programs would range anywhere from 50K per year to over 500K. Top tier international schools can cost more than that. 

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

Is that 2, 3 or 4 terms a year? My school has 2 semesters (and two terms per semester). It's best to be clear on the definiton, or just to give the full year fee. I think English Programs would range anywhere from 50K per year to over 500K. Top tier international schools can cost more than that. 

Sorry i was not clear and yes, some schools have 2 semesters but some have 3 terms. The full year fee i pay for my 7yrs old child in Year 3 is about 520k, including meals & snacks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been living in Bangkok, for atleast 3 years now with my family. We are from Australia and transferred here due to my work assignment. As a parent, I am very critical in finding the right school for my son. Gladly, I found the right school which is Bangkok Prep. I would highly recommend this school as I am very satisfied with the level of education and great sense of community there. It's made the moving process easier on my child. It also has a fantastic location in the Thong Lo neighborhood and easy accessibility to the  BTS.

Also, the school has recently opened a brand new secondary school campus.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:40 AM, Kiona said:

I have been living in Bangkok, for atleast 3 years now with my family. We are from Australia and transferred here due to my work assignment. As a parent, I am very critical in finding the right school for my son. Gladly, I found the right school which is Bangkok Prep. I would highly recommend this school as I am very satisfied with the level of education and great sense of community there. It's made the moving process easier on my child. It also has a fantastic location in the Thong Lo neighborhood and easy accessibility to the  BTS.

Also, the school has recently opened a brand new secondary school campus.

Cost info might be helpful to the OP if you could be so kind.

Archived