Passenger traffic at Don Mueang expected to hit 38m by year-end

rooster59

Passenger traffic at Don Mueang expected to hit 38m by year-end

don-mueang-airport.jpg

The number of passengers travelling through Don Mueang airport is expected to hit 38 million by the end of this year, exceeding the target of 32 million, Don Mueang airport director Suthirawat Suwanwat said on Saturday (Sept 2).

Mr Suthirawat told INN news agency that a plan is underway for an old domestic passenger building at Don Mueang, one of the two airports serving Greater Bangkok, to undergo repairs so that it can be used to meet the number of passengers travelling through the airport which has continued to increase.

He said a survey is being conducted to assess a budget needed for the repairs.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/passenger-traffic-don-mueang-expected-hit-38m-year-end/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-03

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Any TV members got any up to data immigration experiences re departing passport stamp waiting time at DM?

Please share.

Wrong thread. You should start a new topic if you want to ask this question, this isn't the place to ask

Next trip I arrive at Suvarnabhumi, for my same day internal flight I chose Thai smile. I took into account the additional taxi fare to DM rather than risk the free bus, and possible time consuming processing at DM, Thai smile was the obvious least stressful choice. I will not be one of the 38m

15 hours ago, 473geo said:

Next trip I arrive at Suvarnabhumi, for my same day internal flight I chose Thai smile. I took into account the additional taxi fare to DM rather than risk the free bus, and possible time consuming processing at DM, Thai smile was the obvious least stressful choice. I will not be one of the 38m

Deleted - misread the post

1 minute ago, Argus Tuft said:

I thought Thai Smile stopped flying from Don Mueang earlier this year?

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2017/01/thai-smile-exits-don-mueang/

They fly from Suvarnabhumi which saves negotiating the journey and processing at DM, flights are a little more expensive than Nok andAir Asia out of Don Muang, but no stress no taxi fare.

• 6 months later...

2017 pax numbers ended up being 38.3m, up 8.8% from 2016.

2018 is expected to be 42m (14% increase).

AOT is finally going to start work on refurbishing the old domestic terminal later this year. One of the LCCs is very keen to have it as their own. T1 refurbishment is still planned but most likely won't happen until 2-3 years down the runway.

New airbridges and expanded immigration is planned within next 12 months.

After that the APM to link all 3 Terminals extended to link the Air force and Phahonyothin rd side (BTS ext). Finally, a huge pedestrian link to the southern end of T2 from the huge new DM station which should be operational by 2020 when the SRT Dark Red line opens.

Archived