How Much Money Do You Need A Month To Live In Chiang Rai

Rainmaker

Expat monthly budget in Chiang Rai  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im trying to get an idea of how much its cost to live in Chiang Rai, if you have a free minute, please click on one of the options

Be very careful with these type of questions...the folks in Chiang Rai have problems with these kind of questions from what I've read in their part of their forum. :o

Im trying to get an idea of how much its cost to live in Chiang Rai, if you have a free minute, please click on one of the options

Be very careful with these type of questions...the folks in Chiang Rai have problems with these kind of questions from what I've read in their part of their forum. :o

Oops sorry, just trying to get an idea of how I need to live on in CR, could you tell me how to cancel the topic question.

Thanks

Edited by Rainmaker

Take it easy rainmaker, we have no problems with any questions. Maybe you don't get answers from everyone.

Back to topic. It depends so much what you are doing here, are you working, have a gf/wife, drinking, smoking, playing golf/bowling etc etc.

I was living here for 3 years before I met my lady. Rent for a good house, electric, a maid 10 hours a week, telephone for Internet, meals outside except breakfast 7 days a week.

That was the base and that costed me around 18-20 000 per month. Then I had to add my drinking in bars, my golfronds, my travel to CM and BKK for some chickidichuck :o etc etc and that was muck more!

:D :D :D

Take it easy rainmaker, we have no problems with any questions. Maybe you don't get answers from everyone.

Back to topic. It depends so much what you are doing here, are you working, have a gf/wife, drinking, smoking, playing golf/bowling etc etc.

I was living here for 3 years before I met my lady. Rent for a good house, electric, a maid 10 hours a week, telephone for Internet, meals outside except breakfast 7 days a week.

That was the base and that costed me around 18-20 000 per month. Then I had to add my drinking in bars, my golfronds, my travel to CM and BKK for some chickidichuck :o etc etc and that was muck more!

:D:D:D

Thanks svenian, info much appreciated.

:D:D:D

Thanks svenian, info much appreciated.

There's a couple of huge variables here, accommodation and transport. If you're prepared to lay out about two million baht on a house and a car in the beginning you can live well for very little. I give my wife about 20,000 a month and she pays for everything out of that including my beer and the Farang food from Big C. The only time the budget shivers a bit is once a year when the car insurance comes in..

Family of 4.

no house or car payment, just electricity and telephone bills

A lot of fresh milk for the kids and food etc.

Around 20,000 a month for everything. That incudes my beer and going out very seldom.

If you want to go out everynight to bars or restaurants than this will be alot higher.

Plus the frequency you like to buy and cook franag food will alter the budget aswell.

Hope this helps. :o

I believe you can add around 5,000 - 10,000 baht a month for a good house/unit to rent.

Again my budget is based on 2 adults and 2 children under 3years..

According to the calculator I only spend a little bit more than half of what my bank slips try to tell me :D .

Some things are missing in the calculator, like writing off the car, car insurance, occasionally buying things as a computer, a digital camera, a cell-phone, a bottle of wine at home once in a while :o , things for the garden and the house and of course holidays in Thailand or abroad (i.c. visiting the country of origine).

As Svenivan already mentioned: the costs of a house don't apply to Chiang Rai.

The calculator put my rent 4 times higher than what I actually pay and buying or building a house is of course a complete different story.

The calculation for my TOTAL costs of living is simply based on how much I withdraw from my bank account. The calculator limits itself to the basic costs and as such it is a very good indicator.

Mostly it is very warm in Chiang Rai, so you have to drink a lot. Don't underestimate the costs of tomato juice and similar products :D .

Limbo :D