Zoe Complex.

EL159

5 hours ago, Loaded said:

The place never appealed to me - freelancers with naive foreign tourists who think they pulled a local bird, alcohol fueled 'hard men' wearing flip flops and foreign staff/owners who clearly despise their customers.

I'm with Loaded.  

Happy to keep the hippies that are 30-years late to the party in one location however.

Elephant panted, flip flop wearing hard men in oversize dirty singlets, buying longneck beers at 7/11 and walking the streets...?

I don't mix well with such people.

But each to their own.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

Will Sheryls,  Fat Elvis  and the UN  be closed too

Or is it the corner part only ?

Does anyone actually Know the full details

I did read the article quoted above

I did ask around there today and that whole row of roadside shops in included, although the UN Irish bar is not, as its across the road

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did ask around there today and that whole row of roadside shops in included, although the UN Irish bar is not, as its across the road

Sorry

UN is on the same side as Zoe and Fat Elvis

Cheryls is on the other side

So whoever told you was not correct

I know these places

Just now, Lizard2010 said:

Sorry

UN is on the same side as Zoe and Fat Elvis

Cheryls is on the other side

So whoever told you was not correct

I know these places

I was talking about the other road

Although Fat Elvis and UN Irish are on the same side of the road, there is another road separating them , there is a road between Elvis and the UN 

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

To add to the rumours I was told by the owner of a coffee shop, that has just closed the doors nearby, that the CHANG Company are the "investors" so there will be no shortage of development money. Height restrictions will hopefully be observed

Chang is owned by the Sirivadhanabhakdi family. They have a controlling stake in Big C, own 50 luxury hotels and are Thailaknd's biggest property developer. And own Thai Bev Group of course.

Lots of money, it could become anything.

12 hours ago, Rama said:

I've heard a rumor that that land was being sold for 8 years now. So far everything on the thread is just reporting rumors.

Sorry to rock your boat but the closure of Zoe Yellow isn't a rumour.  It's fact and will be gone from its current location by April 2018.

That is from the land owners mouth and all leasees know this (ie all current 'owners' in that area). My missus being one of them.

4 hours ago, Dante99 said:

lot of confusion here, some folks can not write at all clearly, not worth responding to

I do think that when I named two buildings and stated there is a road running between them I thought that it  would be obvious that I was referring to that road running between those two buildings and NOT the road running adjacent to those two buildings

I do think that any confusion is caused by other peoples lack of comprehension

I do think that when I named two buildings and stated there is a road running between them I thought that it  would be obvious that I was referring to that road running between those two buildings and NOT the road running adjacent to those two buildings
    I do think that any confusion is caused by other peoples lack of comprehension

Many on this site don't read at a very high level and can't understand normal punctuation.
Better off just posting memes.

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Many on this site don't read at a very high level and can't understand normal punctuation.
Better off just posting memes.

I never post me memes  , I do understand punctuation, and usually use it , I just was busy and had to fire off a quick post without punctuation .

Do forgive me ?

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, sanemax said:

I wonder how they will develop that area

It would be great for CM if they turned that area into a public park , with greenery , trees and a pond and benches where you could sit under a tree and drinking 7/11 Chang all day long

Nothing that unprofitable will ever be allowed again in LOS. It's all about money now. The smile is fast disappearing, and we will have to find a different title than LOS.

14 hours ago, naboo said:

Chang is owned by the Sirivadhanabhakdi family. They have a controlling stake in Big C, own 50 luxury hotels and are Thailaknd's biggest property developer. And own Thai Bev Group of course.

Lots of money, it could become anything.

Just be certain it won't be good for low income tourists. Geed wins again.

Hilton hotels were allowed to destroy Hua Hin with a monstrocity in the old city area. Nothing is safe now.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

I don't really mind.   Actually I don't think the JJ market area will work for tourists.  Those bars better be looking at other available areas, such as around the Night Bazaar and the river.

Not the night bazar area thanks. It's bad enough trying to get around now. Along Loi Kroh near the moat would be better, and that area needs more tourists, as it's almost dead now.

I never post me memes  , I do understand punctuation, and usually use it , I just was busy and had to fire off a quick post without punctuation .    Do forgive me ?

I understood your post perfectly. It is the large numbers of reading impaired here who need pictures.

The land valuations are silly, quite interested to see what is done of it. Over at AUA talked to an old Thai teacher friend recently the old plot across street has been idle a few years. Can't build certain things as it is next to Wat (Phan On?) Can't build a Hotel big enough to make it worthwhile due height restriction.

9 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I understood your post perfectly. It is the large numbers of reading impaired here who need pictures.

The land valuations are silly, quite interested to see what is done of it. Over at AUA talked to an old Thai teacher friend recently the old plot across street has been idle a few years. Can't build certain things as it is next to Wat (Phan On?) Can't build a Hotel big enough to make it worthwhile due height restriction.

Land is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If people are paying too much, there is a bubble and tears to come.

If Thais are going to buy and hold and trade amongst themselves good for them. People paid silly money for tulip bulbs once. There is no relationship to the ground rent values or anything else. Even if a minted Thai family wanted a mansion they wouldn't put it there, surrounded by backpackers and dirty shops. It isn't Knightsbridge or Nob Hill it is Northern Thailand get on a motorbike for 25 minutes we're surrounded by rice paddies.

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Maybe they should have thought about that, before they flattened the buildings on the site. :wink:

I thought they had something definite planned before they went in with the bulldozer, but seems not! I would imagine the cost of setting up the average boutique hotel on a sizeable plot is about 100 million ? 40-60 + million for land and rest building costs. However you do the maths not really that attractive for investment.

43 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Maybe they should have thought about that, before they flattened the buildings on the site. :wink:

I thought they had something definite planned before they went in with the bulldozer, but seems not! I would imagine the cost of setting up the average boutique hotel on a sizeable plot is about 100 million ? 40-60 + million for land and rest building costs. However you do the maths not really that attractive for investment.

100 million baht is only 4 x median average new home central to Auckland. 

Honestly the world is changing faster than we know, or can plan for.

Shame I don't own four houses to liquidate ( many do) mighht be a prudent investment or lifestyle choice.

On 05/09/2017 at 0:36 AM, CMKiwi said:

The people in Zoe are probably quite happy that you would rather spend 3 hours in the UN IRISH too....

Thanks, Kiwi, I ll take that as a compliment. I would be delighted if the Zoe s...hole and neighbouring bars are happy that I dont go there.

600,000,000B someone said. Rental value should be 3,000,000B/month at that price. It's a big plot of land, but....

What sort of business could generate that sort of revenue, never mind profit?

Luxury car, luxury motorbike showroom, but you don't need to pay that premium on the land to run that business, customers would find you.

Another shopping mall? Dreadful location, not sure it would be allowed, but the type of business that would turnover enough to make sense.

I can only think a luxury hotel. Nearby bars might be in trouble then. The temple/school law might be enforced if the right people ask.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:25 AM, idman said:

Went to that garbage dump one time on a whim, had one beer and said adios. I saw more fights, more macho B.S. posturing to last a lifetime. Good riddence to it and the its clientel.

It's almost like a little slice of Khao San Road exported to Chiang Mai.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing that unprofitable will ever be allowed again in LOS. It's all about money now. The smile is fast disappearing, and we will have to find a different title than LOS.

The smiles are still there, you just have to go to where the tourists are not to find them. And to be fair, if I had to deal with drunken idiots 365 days a year, I'd be pretty jaded too.

21 hours ago, Dante99 said:

lot of confusion here, some folks can not write at all clearly, not worth responding to

Ok. Just to clear up the confusion .

The first photo is of the road between Zoe and UNIrish and the second photo is  of the road between CM saloon and Sheryles

DSCF0902.JPG

DSCF0908.JPG

Archived