16 Thai airlines suspend their operations after failing safety assessments

webfact

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 20(+) airlines in Thailand?! ... is my question here.

Obviously, those still OK to fly need to be added to the 16. My guess is that these 16 airlines were barely operational or very small.

I remember awhile back, didn't the CEO? of Swampy blame several mantainance issues on, "bad spirits",,, and claimed some new spirit houses needed to be build at the airport to appease them... 
Seems you are right

http://www.leecraker.com/wp/thai-airways-to-appease-vengeful-evil-spirits-causing-crash

Mind-boggling

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

To be frank, I had no clue that this country has 16 airlines. Thai sucks big time, Thai Smile is the same but at half the price, Nok Air and Air Asia stick to what they are - low cost carriers providing what they say the do and all the (unknown) rest ........

So let me understand something here, all those airlines we flying

and or offering air transportation already while not

fit or fully qualified to be engaged in such services? it's with the grace of god

that no accidents happened to those operations....

Buddhists have no god. And if he had grace, we would not have h.Harvey killing people nor evils of war. Grace of god, nope.

14 hours ago, shaurene said:

Hi Dave.

I think they are asking who the ones with the safety problems.

I count 23 Thai airlines on that site, 16 out of 23 suspended is VERY serious imo. 

Well i'm happy with this report since it wouldn't be nice if one of them crashes into BKK....and they have been warned many times last years...

The defamation laws here are almost criminal in themselves, in their extreme level of cowardice. Call them out by name. Stop cowering in a corner. Live your life.Stand up for what is right. Be a man. Why even write the article, unless you are going to call out the ones who have failed the test?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

The defamation laws here are almost criminal in themselves, in their extreme level of cowardice. Call them out by name. Stop cowering in a corner. Live your life.Stand up for what is right. Be a man. Why even write the article, unless you are going to call out the ones who have failed the test?

CCA It is the countries biggest problem if they ever changed that law to civil like in other countries you watch the corruption stop almost over night as then they who use the laws to shut you up would be paying the costs not the state and then the bib could get on and do some traffic laws. But it will not change as the hiso like it that way.

Twelve airlines to terminate international flights this month

caat.jpg

Twelve airlines will have their international flights terminated pending an International Civil Aviation Organization inspection to free-up their Red Flag status.

According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), starting on Sept 1, 12 airlines that have not been granted Air Operator Certificates (AOC) will have to terminate international flight operations until the completion of the International Civil Aviation Organizations (ICAO) inspection.

Accordingly, the CAAT will be implementing three measures to provide assistance for the duration of the inspection.

These include allowing increased domestic flights not exceeding 7 flights a week, allowing direct sale of tickets to customers and finally negotiating with the Department of Airports Thailand and U-tapao airport for reductions of parking fees.

All these steps are aimed at providing reparation for loss of income while waiting for the ICAO to complete their inspection as well as reducing the impact on their employees.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/twelve-airlines-terminate-international-flights-month/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-9-5

54 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Twelve airlines to terminate international flights this month

caat.jpg

Twelve airlines will have their international flights terminated pending an International Civil Aviation Organization inspection to free-up their Red Flag status.

According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), starting on Sept 1, 12 airlines that have not been granted Air Operator Certificates (AOC) will have to terminate international flight operations until the completion of the International Civil Aviation Organizations (ICAO) inspection.

Accordingly, the CAAT will be implementing three measures to provide assistance for the duration of the inspection.

These include allowing increased domestic flights not exceeding 7 flights a week, allowing direct sale of tickets to customers and finally negotiating with the Department of Airports Thailand and U-tapao airport for reductions of parking fees.

All these steps are aimed at providing reparation for loss of income while waiting for the ICAO to complete their inspection as well as reducing the impact on their employees.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/twelve-airlines-terminate-international-flights-month/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-9-5

Quote from the above article:

Until today, 9 airlines in Thailand have passed the ICAOs strict Recertification Inspection regime and can now resume normal operations.

These include Thai Airways International, Bangkok Airways, Thai AirAsia, Thai AirAsia X, NokScoot, NokAir, Thai Smile Airways, Lion Air and Sabaidee or New Gen Airways.

See? I TOLD you there was nothing to worry about. All those hours searching the net....

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I thought the same, but I guess you can find out easy enough as they are the ones who wont be able to sell you a ticket right now. I have to say I find this amusing in that only a few short weeks ago, we were told Thailand was to become the hub in Asia for aircraft maintenance, yet now it seems their abilities on this front are as poor as most comments on the subject suggested.

Along with the stuff ups at airport immigration. Seems the "authorities" are inept at planning for the future :post-4641-1156693976: Much loss of face world wide? :whistling: 

Just now, oldhippy said:

yes, I am dumb as they come.

or not.

Name  me  the   16   airlines. i  have  seen  an  acclaim  that  Thai  Air  is  one  of them  but  not  so ! Media  headlining  is  not a  demonstration  of  fact  or  the  paranoid   compliance  to it in  response ! Even  the  later  reduction  to the   number  of  12  airlines  does  not   remedy  the  attempt   to   bash  in  my  opinion. 

Be  a  dumb  as   you  wish  to  be  if  that is  your  choice. To  me   "dumb"  is  the  inability  to   be  vocal.

But  I am  not  or never intend   to   be  denied  my  right  to  a considered opinion.

Here you all go - putting this to bed for everyone now...

The airlines that failed to pass international safety standards include low-cost domestic carriers such as Orient Thai Airlines, Thai VietJet Air and Siam Air Transport. The rest – mostly private charter jet and cargo carriers – are Mjets, K-Mile Air, Jet Asia Airways, AC Aviation, Siam Land Flying, Asia Atlantic Airlines, VIP Jets, H.S. Aviation, Advance Aviation and Skyview Airways.

Source:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2017/09/05/13-airlines-blocked-flying-abroad-await-judgment/

You're welcome

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Name  me  the   16   airlines. i  have  seen  an  acclaim  that  Thai  Air  is  one  of them  but  not  so ! Media  headlining  is  not a  demonstration  of  fact  or  the  paranoid   compliance  to it in  response ! Even  the  later  reduction  to the   number  of  12  airlines  does  not   remedy  the  attempt   to   bash  in  my  opinion. 

Be  a  dumb  as   you  wish  to  be  if  that is  your  choice. To  me   "dumb"  is  the  inability  to   be  vocal.

But  I am  not  or never intend   to   be  denied  my  right  to  a considered opinion.

There is no such thing as "Thai Air" -  unless you are talking about pollution, or about 1 confused poster (if so, why was he confused?).

And I believe that the most common heard questions in this thread were: who are those 12 (or 16) airlines, and why are they not named.

If that is Thai bashing, so be it.

When I look at airline the first thing I do is look at the safety record, then I ask myself how much do I trust this airline to maintain their aircraft in a safe condition, because I am putting my life in their hands.

I have not used a Thai airline for over 5 years and that will continue to be the case. Thats my choice.

1 minute ago, Argus Tuft said:

Here you all go - putting this to bed for everyone now...

The airlines that failed to pass international safety standards include low-cost domestic carriers such as Orient Thai Airlines, Thai VietJet Air and Siam Air Transport. The rest – mostly private charter jet and cargo carriers – are Mjets, K-Mile Air, Jet Asia Airways, AC Aviation, Siam Land Flying, Asia Atlantic Airlines, VIP Jets, H.S. Aviation, Advance Aviation and Skyview Airways.

Source:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2017/09/05/13-airlines-blocked-flying-abroad-await-judgment/

You're welcome

Appreciated.  So  mostly   non   mainstream  general  public passenger oriented  carriers  probably  ignoring  or   paying  off   compliances. 

Archived