Australian Embassy in Laos

4MyEgo

I am about an hour out of Udon Thani and require some paperwork certified by the Australian Embassy which is in Bangkok, I spoke someone at the Embassy in Bangkok and they said they can assist at 1,679 baht per signed doc, or about $70 AUS per signed doc, a bit steep in my opinion, suffice to say once you add return airfares, a nights accommodation and taxi fares to and from the airport, it is getting expensive, I suppose I can take the nights accommodation out, but who wants to drive an hour to Udon Thani, fly to Bangkok, taxi it to the embassy and then do the same for the return journey all in a day, no thanks, that's a long day. 

An Xpat at one of the waterholes I frequent suggested I go to the Australian Embassy in Laos to get the docs signed as its an hour 30 drive to Friendship bridge, and then about a 30 minute taxi ride to the embassy, so I am advised, and all I would have to do is get a re-entry visa for 1,000 baht, pay the taxi fare to and from the embassy, and probably pay the same for the signing of the docs at that embassy, therefore would save on airfares and accommodation by not flying to Bangkok, sounds great.

My question now is, has anybody gone over to Laos to get some docs signed at the Australian Embassy and returned same day without any hassle.

Edited by 4MyEgo