Motorists set to pay 105 baht Bangkok - Pattaya from next year

webfact

Motorists set to pay 105 baht Bangkok - Pattaya from next year

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The highways department have announced the charges that will be levied for the Chonburi to Pattaya section of the motorway from next year.

The new levies mean a journey on the motorway for a car will be 105 baht.

Charges from the Phan Thong to Pattaya section have been free for the best part of five years.

This is set to change as the Phan Thong booths are being ripped out to be replaced by five new booths at different points along Route 7. Work costing 4 billion baht is 90 per cent finished and testing is about to

start in October.

New Year - as usual - will be free to pass but a charge of 60 baht will be made at Phan Thong thereafter to give motorists a chance to adjust to the new system.

But from April the following charges will be made:

Lat Krabang to Ban Bung (and vice versa) 55 baht for four wheel

transport (90 for 6 wheels, 130 for more)

Lat Krabang to Bang Phra 60 baht for cars

Lat Krabang to Nong Kham 80 baht

Lat Krabang to Ban Pong 100 baht

Lat Krabang to Pattaya 105 baht

The highest charge will be for a truck of more than six wheels that will cost 245 baht from Lat Krabang to Pattaya.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-05

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Lat Krabang to Bang Phra 60 baht for cars

Lat Krabang to Nong Kham 80 baht

Lat Krabang to Ban Pong 100 baht

Lat Krabang to Pattaya 105 baht

Is one of these the turn off for Laem Chabang?

Is Ban Pong the 36 turn off?

Only a 75% increase from Pattaya to the airport/Bangkok then................:sad:

Expats must be having second thoughts of a cheap lifestyle with all these price rises? cigs and booze on the way

can sit on 120kph most of the way.

What just 60mph while in blighty its 70mph and no tolls in sight in many places and some of the worlds best drivers who obey the law to share your journey with. No brainier

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Expats must be having second thoughts of a cheap lifestyle with all these price rises? cigs and booze on the way

What just 60mph while in blighty its 70mph and no tolls in sight in many places and some of the worlds best drivers who obey the law to share your journey with. No brainier

Some expats that left must be real bored still posting on this forum trying to convince others to leave. Maybe they need to do this to convince them that they made the right choice. 

34 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Perfectly fair cost. You can use Sukhumvit or other alternatives if its to much.

Indeed, make it too cheap and too many cars will use it and the whole advantage is gone. I love it with the easy-pass and as you said there are alternatives. 

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Some expats that left must be real bored still posting on this forum trying to convince others to leave. Maybe they need to do this to convince them that they made the right choice. 

Trying to convince others to leave, Ho Ho Ho

Must be double Dutch to some as they cannot add up what said between words?

OK I am off fishing some nice Mekong catfish to account for, have a nice evening I will, but not paying 105b in tolls on this trip.

14 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Expats on their way to "heaven by the sea" at 120km/h  (75mph) obviously, in their opinion,  have something to look forward to.

Does the well mannered British driver on his way to Birmingham have the same promise? 

2 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

OK I am off fishing some nice Mekong catfish to account for, have a nice evening I will, but not paying 105b in tolls on this trip.

You have made many posts that are Thai derogatory. You have stated that since you were forced to leave Thailand,

you would never return. If indeed you have returned, congratulations on making a fine choice.

If you have returned, I do think you should finally start to quit all your negative posts. Just my opinion,

it may save a few ulcers and repetitive strain injury from stamping out all those negative letters on your long suffering keyboard.

Finally, I hope you did catch a few fish and enjoy them. I also hope you enjoy your time here. Cheers to go with the fish meal.

4 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

You have made many posts that are Thai derogatory. You have stated that since you were forced to leave Thailand,

you would never return. If indeed you have returned, congratulations on making a fine choice.

If you have returned, I do think you should finally start to quit all your negative posts. Just my opinion,

it may save a few ulcers and repetitive strain injury from stamping out all those negative letters on your long suffering keyboard.

Finally, I hope you did catch a few fish and enjoy them. I also hope you enjoy your time here. Cheers to go with the fish meal.

Just my opinion

Hey and according to you I am not entitle to an opinion now that democracy local style.

My keyboard loves to work so don't worry about the strain on it.

Just adding up the cost of the tolls paid on trips to BK my god that is a lot of money to pay out to sit in traffic jams half the day on each visit.

Tip

Mekong Catfish like brown bread with a touch of coconut, small ones start at 40kg and big ones of 150kg are to much like hard work in this heat. but that is the toll you pay catching one

22 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

You always stated you would never come back to Thailand always negative, just like others have noticed. So maybe I assumed wrong. I do hope you catch some nice Mekong catfish, if its at the new BSR i would be curious how it compares to the old BSR. There are not many places where you can catch multiple mekongs, sawai that is an other story. 

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

A whole four aussie dollars, hardly a deal breaker when you can sit on 120kph most of the way.

What a foolish way to look at it. 90% of the users will be Thais who do not get paid Aussie wages. The reason they get paid comparitively lower wages is because costs here are lower.

Just now, robblok said:

You always stated you would never come back to Thailand always negative, just like others have noticed. So maybe I assumed wrong. I do hope you catch some nice Mekong catfish, if its at the new BSR i would be curious how it compares to the old BSR. There are not many places where you can catch multiple mekongs, sawai that is an other story. 

Robo

BSR? no try Ang Thong or Ayutthaya I can also think of 3 places in Lop Buri, Birds pool is brilliant One pool near Sarabury is mega.

What you read and think I cannot be blamed for as you think in your own way and most of the time you miss the important point and today its 105b on the tollway when you visit Rayong which I think is too expensive, but that's only my opinion.

4 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Robo

BSR? no try Ang Thong or Ayutthaya I can also think of 3 places in Lop Buri, Birds pool is brilliant One pool near Sarabury is mega.

What you read and think I cannot be blamed for as you think in your own way and most of the time you miss the important point and today its 105b on the tollway when you visit Rayong which I think is too expensive, but that's only my opinion.

I can think of a few pools to fish too in Hua hin jurasic  resort, but if you find 105 bt expensive then you would find that certainly too expensive. Do tell me where in Ayutthaya as I got a friend that wants to catch some Mekong and lives there.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I can think of a few pools to fish too in Hua hin mountain view resort, but if you find 105 bt expensive then you would find that certainly too expensive. Do tell me where in Ayutthaya as I got a friend that wants to catch some Mekong and lives there.

It begins with B i will ask wife when she gets home she found it on facebook but need a big hook I think it was 17+ 14s they spit out also tracer on line as the fish fins cut through line like butter, catch 2 in a day and you know about it as they like to play. Its off the Asia Road mega place and not too expensive.

11 minutes ago, saakura said:

What a foolish way to look at it. 90% of the users will be Thais who do not get paid Aussie wages. The reason they get paid comparitively lower wages is because costs here are lower.

I would suggest that the Thai who do use the new tollway will do so only if they can afford to do so.

There are many other non toll roadways to get from the capital to Pattaya and surrounds. 

Sure, it will take vastly longer, but I have noticed that many Thai do not have an urgency in the way that

cashed up tourists on their way to Pattaya have. 

The transport trucks that will use the tollway will pass on costs. 

90% of Thai also ride scoots that are not allowed so I fail to see your point.

3 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

I would suggest that the Thai who do use the new tollway will do so only if they can afford to do so.

There are many other non toll roadways to get from the capital to Pattaya and surrounds. 

Sure, it will take vastly longer, but I have noticed that many Thai do not have an urgency in the way that

cashed up tourists on their way to Pattaya have. 

The transport trucks that will use the tollway will pass on costs. 

90% of Thai also ride scoots that are not allowed so I fail to see your point.

Its all a conspiracy so naughty falang can cruise past poor Thai people with contempt on their faces! :partytime2:

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

WAKE UP!

You can't even get that right...... no wonder you had to leave...

120 Kph  = 75 mph 

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

WAKE UP!

You can't even get that right...... no wonder you had to leave...

120 Kph  = 75 mph 

Well, he is staying at a well known fishing pond catching huge Mekong Catfish... he just can't remember where it is nor where he is in Thailand now.

But do wish him well, his peptics are in overdrive and the many snake bites he received when he was in Thailand have left venom dripping from his posts.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Ha, which UK have you been driving in? Last time I drove regularly there it was a blessing to get to a destination without sitting in endless traffic.  the motorway system is broken. 

9 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Well, he is staying at a well known fishing pond catching huge Mekong Catfish... he just can't remember where it is nor where he is in Thailand now.

But do wish him well, his peptics are in overdrive and the many snake bites he received when he was in Thailand have left venom dripping from his posts.

We can only hope he has less bones to pick from his Mekong catfish than he does with Thailand.:thumbsup:

They should amp up the Chonburi-Pattaya to 5000 baht. Keep them idiotic lorry drivers and BKK hordes out.

So then only BMW,Mercedes,Porsche,Ferrari,
Lamborghini and For -too -na drivers will use the motorway as their private racetrack....not that they dont already...but with the slower riff raff gone they'll be able to get up to 300 kph without interruption.

Archived