Motorists set to pay 105 baht Bangkok - Pattaya from next year

webfact

6 hours ago, topt said:

Is one of these the turn off for Laem Chabang?

Is Ban Pong the 36 turn off?

Only a 75% increase from Pattaya to the airport/Bangkok then................:sad:

Ban Pong is the 36, yes.

Nong Kham is very likely the Laem Chabang turn off as Nong Kham police station is on the 331 spur on the way to Map Iang. The Map Iang turn off/ 331 spur is the same turn-off as the Laem Chabang Bypass but on opposite sides of the motorway. So Lat Krabang to Laem Chabang is likely to be 80 Baht.

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Ban Pong is the 36, yes.

Nong Kham is very likely the Laem Chabang turn off as Nong Kham police station is on the 331 spur on the way to Map Iang. The Map Iang turn off/ 331 spur is the same turn-off as the Laem Chabang Bypass but on opposite sides of the motorway. So Lat Krabang to Laem Chabang is likely to be 80 Baht.

Thanks

1 hour ago, spiderorchid said:

I would suggest that the Thai who do use the new tollway will do so only if they can afford to do so.

There are many other non toll roadways to get from the capital to Pattaya and surrounds. 

Sure, it will take vastly longer, but I have noticed that many Thai do not have an urgency in the way that

cashed up tourists on their way to Pattaya have. 

The transport trucks that will use the tollway will pass on costs. 

90% of Thai also ride scoots that are not allowed so I fail to see your point.

There are only 3 straight routes from Bangkok to Pattaya : Motorway, Elevated Tollway (up to Chonburi) and the free Bangna Trad road which has been deliberately (i suspect) left in a state of disrepair so that the paid tollways profit. I did not say 90% of Thais drive cars. I said 90% of the cars on the tollways are driven by Thais on Thai wages, not expats or tourists. So saying that it costs only 4 Aussie dollars and not 105 Baht is neither a fair nor intelligent comparision. If Thai labor were paid 10$ an hour, your comment will be valid.

18 minutes ago, saakura said:

There are only 3 straight routes from Bangkok to Pattaya : Motorway, Elevated Tollway (up to Chonburi) and the free Bangna Trad road which has been deliberately (i suspect) left in a state of disrepair so that the paid tollways profit. I did not say 90% of Thais drive cars. I said 90% of the cars on the tollways are driven by Thais on Thai wages, not expats or tourists. So saying that it costs only 4 Aussie dollars and not 105 Baht is neither a fair nor intelligent comparision. If Thai labor were paid 10$ an hour, your comment will be valid.

Yes there are 3 straight roads which go from Bangkok to Pattaya and surrounds. Yet you can get there in numerous ways if you do not take toll roads.Slow and

uncomfortable yes, but it is possible. If you do travel on toll roads, you may note that "poor" Thais are not in abundance. Instead they are company vans and trucks,

tourists in vans and taxis, business Thais in late model luxury cars and four wheel drives. 

Tollways all around the world are designed to extract a small amount for the huge cost of providing them.

Look to the sides of tollways and you will see those that find the cost too high using alternate routes. You can even drive inland and cut back.

I suspect poor Thais do not travel too and from Bangkok from Pattaya every day. That is the intelligent response, not the uninformed nonsense you propose.

You could see this coming all these booths being built, so now we see how it goes, will take some of the most advanced drivers the world has ever seen off the motorway or will people just find other destinations, there are other destinations.

i find it so funny when i first came to thailand . 12 years ago my wife parents would,t use the tolls yet we would spend 5 hours in traffic to get to pattaya i did,t no about the toll at first. when i found out i said how much to use the toll they said 30 bath but for them it was better to spend 5 hours in traffic and use 100 bath in fuel.

48 minutes ago, nong38 said:

You could see this coming all these booths being built, so now we see how it goes, will take some of the most advanced drivers the world has ever seen off the motorway or will people just find other destinations, there are other destinations.

I am sure that the  increase from 80 baht to 105 baht for a faster and improved tollway direct to Pattaya will drive

millions of tourists away from Thailand. Maybe it will force them to destinations where tollways are the norm

and cost far more than 105 baht.

The business companies that use this tollway will pass on the cost.

For a tourist, it is less than a large bottle of beer. Are you for real? 

4 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

I am sure that the  increase from 80 baht to 105 baht for a faster and improved tollway direct to Pattaya will drive

millions of tourists away from Thailand. Maybe it will force them to destinations where tollways are the norm

and cost far more than 105 baht.

The business companies that use this tollway will pass on the cost.

For a tourist, it is less than a large bottle of beer. Are you for real? 

Other destinations in Thailand are available if you dont want to pay extra, its up to you.

7 hours ago, nong38 said:

Other destinations in Thailand are available if you dont want to pay extra, its up to you.

Thailand is full of wonderful destinations.Most should be explored. I would kindly suggest that 105 bt will hardly be noticed in a tourist

visit to the north, especially if it is on a quick route. So you suggest visitors not go to the Nth because of a 105 levy. Well the few bucks

they save in time and hassle surely makes up for the dreary drive from Bangkok to Pattaya by unorthodox routes. Generally you

can buy a large bottle of beer for about that price. A beer or tollway... Err. Are you for real

If there are objections to the extra cost then there are plenty of other places to visit in Thailand and this might just spur people to try somewhere new, unless of course there are attractions in Pattaya that you might not find so easily in other places.

The most irksome thing about the toll booths for me is that you have to queue up to go through ( most people dont have a pass) so you are doing 120kph att the way you will have to reduce speed 4 times and then hope its not the 5kms queue I have found on my 4 visits down the ring road of Bangkok if one gate does not get you the other will.

It would be far better if the toll booths were at entrances and exits, collect a card / ticket on entry and pay for how far you travel when you leave, then your journey should be quicker.

Archived