Tropical Crotch Rot

Jingthing

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Even though I really need a cure, the comments here on suggestions to prevent and maintain a cure are good too. As I know this is a common problem, hopefully many people can be helped. 

These kinds of things DO tend to come back even after you've cleared them. As I've experienced with my underarms. 

I have a 100 percent quick and easy cure.   Your itch will be gone in a few minutes time, and the red skin and irritation will be greatly reduced after a couple of days and gone after about a week. Works anywhere on your body.

Simply buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol.  

Shower as normal and dry yourself... then pour some of the rubbing alcohol onto a cotton bud or tissue.  Then clean the affected areas with it.  It will work for the fungus.. which I think you have, and it will also kill bacteria.  It is also safe and won't damage you skin.  

It will STING like its burning the first time you apply it.... you will have tears in your eyes, but it only lasts a few moments.  No need to clean off the alcohol.. it will evaporate in seconds.  

Apply the alcohol several times a day.. whenever you feel the itch returning.  After 2 or 3 applications it won't sting anymore as your skin will have healed.  Apply after each shower, and when you go to bed after showering are most important times.  

After a couple days you won't have any itch at all....  but keep applying the alcohol at least 3 times a day for about 7 - 10 days. 

I guarantee this is a fail safe cure and it works really quick.  I had athletes foot under my little toe for years on and off... and tried dozens of creams and powders.  I am a very clean person and did not even wear socks and shoes often.. so it was strange I could not get rid of it. Sometimes it was really painful and split the skin deep and bled.    Eventually it spread to my crotch area and was very itchy.  I tried creams but it make it worse.. as it kept it moist, or sometimes it got better, but not 100 percent and then it came back weeks later.  I researched and found the rubbing alcohol thing.. was very sceptical, but I was amazed how quickly it worked and I now have no fungus or itching anywhere.. even my little toe.. for well over a year

Give it a try!!!  

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

What amazing things one reads here, never heard of this before, I shower twice a day and that's it,no problems but from the number of replies it appears that some people do suffer from this. Maybe be more discerning where you put your naughty bits.

More to do with being a fat barsteward than putting my bits anywhere.

Some research has told me that mild steroid creams are often for even inside the anus, so that might not a concern to smear some on the old butt for a little while anyway.

I'm not seeing big downside on trying a mild steroid cream and zinc oxide and then look at the redness/irritation. If no improvement after perhaps a week, then I think it's a sign there is a bacterial aspect. 

As I said this was suggested as a first step on some credible U.S. medical website (forget the link) even before trying antifungals.

If there is improvement but with that, then I'm not sure yet what the next step would be after that. It's hard to imagine it would all clear up in a week. 

Thanks for all the ideas.

Some people have very strong opinions. 

I can't follow all of them, at least at the same time. 

I'm also going to change the SOAP I use for these areas. It's been a cheap liquid soap and I'm sure that hasn't been helping.  For now will switch to turmeric spa bar soap and look to buy some neem soap.

I've been through this too.  In the end, if you want it to really clear up 100%, you will need to bite the bullet and turn on the AC.  At least for a couple of months til it is completely gone. 

Also as others have said, shower a lot.  l shower 3 times per day.  And use real soap, not those shower gels.

25 minutes ago, YaiJung said:

I've been through this too.  In the end, if you want it to really clear up 100%, you will need to bite the bullet and turn on the AC.  At least for a couple of months til it is completely gone. 

Also as others have said, shower a lot.  l shower 3 times per day.  And use real soap, not those shower gels.

Thanks for that, but surely it didn't just clear up on it's own with showers, new soap, and aircon?

Do you remember what you used exactly? 

Start using Dettol original soap & nothing else... . Tesco, 7/11 etc

In the morning after shower apply raw organic coconut oil to the area, CO should be kept in fridge and applied in solid form it will disolve as you massage into skin, top up throughout the day [dont let the area dry out + use a lot so the skin is almost air tight] , especially if planning any walking...dont be afraid to use a lot

Before going to bed, after shower, apply thai balm, again use a lot so the skin is almost air tight, small flat tin with green label, cant remember the name but if you dont know exactly what im talking about I can dig it out for you.

After 1 week you will see a marked improvement, just make sure you follow the above exactly.

Im assuming I dont need to tell you to shower 2-3 times daily.

This is the thai balm, get the big tin if you can find it!

eab072e3d0b03da370ef75fa0149fe71.jpg

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I guarantee this is a fail safe cure and it works really quick.  I had athletes foot under my little toe for years on and off... and tried dozens of creams and powders.  I am a very clean person and did not even wear socks and shoes often.. so it was strange I could not get rid of it. Sometimes it was really painful and split the skin deep and bled.    Eventually it spread to my crotch area and was very itchy.  I tried creams but it make it worse.. as it kept it moist, or sometimes it got better, but not 100 percent and then it came back weeks later.  I researched and found the rubbing alcohol thing.. was very sceptical, but I was amazed how quickly it worked and I now have no fungus or itching anywhere.. even my little toe.

I would try the rubbing alcohol first. In the West Indies this is just about all they use for skin complaints. They use a form of rum,,,,, bayrum,, is it?! Give this a go and let us know how it is doing. Just keep away from those Thai Kwacks.

Just a thought; what about Low khow? Water it down a little I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Such a diversity of ideas. Hopefully this thread will be a resource for people that develop this accursed problem. Or just go to a doctor where mostly they'll tell you to use some of the creams discussed here anyway.

Will you try the rubbing alcohol, at least just for a week?  I really works.  

This may sound a bit whack, but many years ago I used to have frequent rashes -- ranging from mildly irritating to quite painful -- in my underarm area and I read somewhere that after you've successfully treated a recurring rash, to start shaving your pits as the hair not only facilitates keeping the area damp, but something about the hair itself was contributory.  (Shaving while you still have an inflamed rash is AYOR -- ask me how I know...)

Willing to go out on a limb to try anything to stop the recurrence of the rash, I started shaving and have never had a recurrence since.  Could be totally coincidental, but maybe it was legit?  I even transitioned to having my pits waxed as it lasts longer and there's no itchy stubble ever.

I'm wondering out loud now if hair removal could help in other body areas, like the crotch/butt.

Of all the methods mentioned by other posters, the one that worked best with me to relieve symptoms was Quadiderm.  But no other medications prescribed by doctors seemed to do much of anything.  Aloe was good for quick, fleeting relief. I never tried neem or coconut oil, but had I known I definitely would have tried them.

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

What amazing things one reads here, never heard of this before, I shower twice a day and that's it,no problems but from the number of replies it appears that some people do suffer from this. Maybe be more discerning where you put your naughty bits.

Asshat.

This may sound a bit whack, but many years ago I used to have frequent rashes -- ranging from mildly irritating to quite painful -- in my underarm area and I read somewhere that after you've successfully treated a recurring rash, to start shaving your pits as the hair not only facilitates keeping the area damp, but something about the hair itself was contributory.  (Shaving while you still have an inflamed rash is AYOR -- ask me how I know...)  

Willing to go out on a limb to try anything to stop the recurrence of the rash, I started shaving and have never had a recurrence since.  Could be totally coincidental, but maybe it was legit?  I even transitioned to having my pits waxed as it lasts longer and there's no itchy stubble ever.

I'm wondering out loud now if hair removal could help in other body areas, like the crotch/butt.

Of all the methods mentioned by other posters, the one that worked best with me to relieve symptoms was Quadiderm.  But no other medications prescribed by doctors seemed to do much of anything.  Aloe was good for quick, fleeting relief. I never tried neem or coconut oil, but had I known I definitely would have tried them.

Not having hair would definitely help down there. That has been addressed on other threads.

Coincidentally I just bought some Quadriderm after talking to a pharmacist.

Because it has a steroid aspect I'm aborting the steroid mix with zinc option. You're not supposed to use any steroid cream for very long. So it makes sense to me to use the multi action Quadriderm instead during that limited time.

Apparently after that it's typical to continue with just antifungal.

Of course if it doesn't help its back to the drawing board.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That does have a different active ingredient. Tolnaftate. Is that brand sold in Thailand? Googling it, it seems that it is NOT sold in Thailand. Not sure though. 

drugs.com: Tolnaftate is reported as an ingredient of Tonaf in the following countries:

• Thailand

In the US, Tinactin contains Tolnaftate (1%)

Years ago, a foreign doctor working in the Loei refugee camp used to douse himself with rubbing alcohol after bathing. 

Really? You're  happier with the opinions of the TV "experts" rather than pay a few dollars and go to a qualified clinical dermatologist for "proper" treatment and medication? For goodness sake, get yourself to McCormick Hospital or Bagkok Hospital or Ram Hospital and stop looking for a TV miracle cure.

Regards,

Joe
A few dollars, yes, B10000 more for a biopsy.

Just had a small slice taken between the cheeks, or the redder parts for examination.

Now waiting for the report which takes 7 days.

I too had this rash that won't go away.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Is Neem soap for sale in Thailand?

If you can't find some Thai neem soap, you can probably get it at an Indian store. (Neem is a Hindi word.)  I see several kinds, like neem-tulsi (holy basil).

$_57.JPG

Neem Tamarind Papaya Honey Aloevera Turmeric soap.  Sounds tasty.

Parrot-Soap-Thai-Herbal-Neem-Tamarin-Pap

neem-soap-1430260.jpg

Wiki says:

LAMISIL is terbinafine. That is sold here. 

Treatment[edit]

Tinea cruris is best treated with topical antifungal medications of the allylamine or azole type.[8] The evidence is best for terbinafine and naftifine but other agents may also work.[9]

The benefits of the use of topical steroids in addition to an antifungal is unclear.[9] There might be a greater cure rate but no guidelines currently recommend its addition.[9] The effect of Whitfield's ointment is also unclear.[9]

I've not read trough all the posts so apologies if this has already been suggested.

shampoo.jpg.819bc3dce24b9d9c8b98b31304b78b78.jpg

Yes it's a shampoo but worked for me when I had  similar problem some time ago.

When showering shampoo the affected areas and leave for a couple of minutes before washing off.

Good luck.  

11 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Start using Dettol original soap & nothing else... . Tesco, 7/11 etc

In the morning after shower apply raw organic coconut oil to the area, CO should be kept in fridge and applied in solid form it will disolve as you massage into skin, top up throughout the day [dont let the area dry out + use a lot so the skin is almost air tight] , especially if planning any walking...dont be afraid to use a lot

Before going to bed, after shower, apply thai balm, again use a lot so the skin is almost air tight, small flat tin with green label, cant remember the name but if you dont know exactly what im talking about I can dig it out for you.

After 1 week you will see a marked improvement, just make sure you follow the above exactly.

Im assuming I dont need to tell you to shower 2-3 times daily.

This is the thai balm, get the big tin if you can find it!

eab072e3d0b03da370ef75fa0149fe71.jpg

That stuff is Zam Buk, developed in the UK about a hundred years back....

OP, over the years I have tried many things to sort out my delicate skin probs caused by fungal stuff related to heat and ones sweat in LOS. Soaps, steroids etc, but had little effect.

Then a farang chemist suggested Quadriderm which is used extensively in hot countries by the locals. It cleared mine up in about a week to new skin. Costs 200bht a tube and l reckon all LOS pharmacies will carry it..great.gif.fc55fda40f37bf5fa17630efb5d9ed72.gif

Canestan has others have suggested. My UK doctors always recommended that. Zinc Oxide will ease the itchy soreness and help prevent re-occurrence.

Also, I know this is stating the obvious, but change underwear very regularly and make sure is dry. It's a very humid country! 

If it persists then visit a good skin hospital.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Canestan has others have suggested. My UK doctors always recommended that. Zinc Oxide will ease the itchy soreness and help prevent re-occurrence.

Also, I know this is stating the obvious, but change underwear very regularly and make sure is dry. It's a very humid country! 

If it persists then visit a good skin hospital.

I tried Canestan, had little effect, but sure we are all different regarding stuff working..

I suffered badly from a weeping crotch rash once in Oz. There was no doctor nearby so I went into a health shop. The bloke there recommended tea tree oil or cream. Just apply morning and evening until the rash/redness is completely gone. Worked wonders. He also told me: 1.Wear cotton only and 2. do not use any prickly heat talc while the rash is weeping.

None of the chemists here in Ayutthaya stock it, but maybe the larger stores in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc have it. I re-stocked when I went back to Oz.

20170906_075638.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lazybones said:

It has already been mentioned but Lamisil works for me both on the crutch and the toes

I'll probably try that one next after my short course with Quadriderm. Like I said you can't use a steroid on the skin for very long. 

Archived